Campbell's® French Onion CondensedSoup

by Campbell's

Ingredients :

Beef Stock, Onions, Water, Dehydrated Onions, Potato Starch, Contains Less Than 2% Of: Salt, Yeast Extract, Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Flavoring, Caramel Color, Beef Flavor (Contains Beef Stock, Yeast Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Enzyme Modified Cheddar Cheese (Cheddar Cheese [Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Calcium Chloride], Water, Disodium Phosphate, Enzymes), Natural Flavoring (Milk), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Beef Fat, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Dextrose, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten.

How can I make this soup a big hit for my hubby? He loves french onion soup, but I can't do the whole scratch thing. So a friend said to try Campbell's french onion can soup...SOOOOO...here I am...any suggestions?
Start your review of Campbell's® French Onion CondensedSoup!
How would you rate this product?
Purchased at: Walmart
Oooh this reminds me of my favorite recipe for cold winter days/evenings. You'll need crockpot , 4 can french onion soup, I lg container beef broth , 3-5 lbs of beef roast, your favorite rolls, cheese and an appetite. Mix in the Crock-Pot the French onion soup broth and the roast make sure the roast is covered with liquid at least 1 in if it's not add more beef broth. Let that all sit and cook for at least 12 to 16 hours so start it before work and then the time everyone gets home and settled it should be done. You'll know it's done because you'll stick a fork in there and the meat will fall apart all nice and yum then take your role put your cheese on there grab some of that meat put on that roll , use a little container to grab some of the juices and dip your roll into the juices before you take a bite yummy. Then you have a lot of juice left over with little bit of mean stuff you can finish that the next night make a shepherd's pie sort of thing just make a lot of mashed potatoes and top it with the mixture the juice mixture and some of the beef that's left over yummy I'm getting so hungry thinking about it!
Seymour, TN
This soup hits the spot for me when I don’t feel like making from scratch! It’s so good with some mozzarella cheese melted on top! It’s easy to heat up and takes no time at all! Perfect for when you need some cozy comfort food! I will definitely buy again!
Columbus, GA
I love a cup of steaming hot French onion soup, and one of the easiest ways I have found to get this cup of soup is to open a can of Campbell's French Onion Condensed Soup. With crusty bread and cheese served on top, this hardly tastes like it came from a can.
Jasper, AL
I love Campbell's French Onion Soup! Put it in an oven-safe bowl, place a toasted slice of bread on top, and add provolone cheese, broil and eat! It's the perfect warm , savory treat!
Camden, AR
I am not a big canned soup eater, but I do use soups in many recipes. I much prefer the Campbells soups over the other. The price is usually a little higher, but worth it to me. I use probably 2-3 cans of different varieties each week.
Brighton, IA
Used this in a recipe, it was so hearty, beefy and not too oniony. It was a wonderful addition to the recipe, have thought about using on my roasts, instead of the dry onion soup mix.
The first time I tried this soup I absolutely hated the taste, but it's since grown on me and I buy it frequently now! If you can't stand the salty, onion-y taste (which many people don't like), my advice is to try this in recipes! It makes a great marinade for meats, and since it comes thicker than most canned soups, you can decide how liquidy you want it to be. Campbells soups (even though they're a little salty) will always be one of my top canned soup choices. Highly recommended!
Tampa, Fl
I have tried french onion soup before and this taste just like it, it does have a salty flavor to it that makes it taste a bit artificial. But it is really good. Its really easy to prepare you just heat it up, you can even add it to customize your own dish.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This is my very favorite soup. I've been eating this for years and years. When I lived in a dorm I would eat this just about every night (yes, I know its weird). I have to buy it in bulk because it is so addicting. I have found some weird onion parts in this soup so that is the only reason I am giving it a 4 instead of a 5. 4/5 stars.
I always try to keep a can of this on hand. The best recipe: 1 cup of rice, 1 can of FO soup, 1 cup water, and a half stick of butter. Put all ingredients in a microwaveable dish. Cover. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir and recover rice. Microwave for another 10 minutes. Its so good. We serve this alongside pork tenderloin and asparagus.