Campari Aperitivo 48@ 750ML uploaded by Zemyna R.

BY CAMPARI

• What your favorite way to drink Campari (include recipes ...4 Answers
Nina L.
chestnut hill, Ma
I have Campari on hand for one specific cocktail: Prosecco and Campari. It makes for a beautiful girly bubbly pink drink. The taste of Campari is a little sweet AND bitter, like a grapefruit. It’s a family favorite. It is expensive and comes in a large quantity when I really only need a small amount but it makes a great statement on a bar cart!
Madeline S.
Westford, MA
Campari is a very bitter liqueur, so don’t expect t to add sweetness to your cocktail. That said, it’s a great liqueur that packs a lot of tart flavor and is a wonderful Italian classic with a permanent spot in my cabinet.
KL C.
Toluca Lake, CA
No home bar is complete without a bottle of Campari. The deep-red, bitter apertif is fantastic for cocktails of all kinds, especially if one wants to stay away from a high alcohol content. Campari and soda on ice with a twist of lemon is light, pretty, sophisticated and refreshing. That said, you have to enjoy "bitter" as a flavor. Campari is not sweet, and adds a hit of bitter to anything you include it in. There is some talk that the original recipe was recently replaced by the corporate owner with the sweeter, less intense version now available. I would say - from memory - that the older version was more complex and interesting. But the new one, while somehow flattened, is not much sweeter.
Ashley B.
Seattle, WA
Campari is one of those things that people seem to love or hate. I personally love it. It is bitter. So if bitter is not your thing, you probably want to stay away. However, if you're a bitter fan, you will love it. My favorite ways to have it are either the classic negroni (1 oz campari, 1 oz gin, and 1oz sweet vermouth) or a campari spritzer (campari and prosecco). When I was in Italy, I had a lot of campari spritzer because it was always served on ice which was great in the hot Italian summer.
Emily R.
Portland, OR
I heart Campari. It took me a long time to get there though. It is very bitter, and unless your palate is acclimated to really bitter things, this might be a tough sell. Try it in a Negroni with Gin and Sweet Vermouth to balance it out, or if you're a Whiskey drinker, sub in some Whiskey for the Gin (that's a Boulevardier) and enjoy!
Melissa B.
Belmont, MA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I don't really like campari. I am not a bitter liquor lover, so the medicinal taste just doesn't sit well with me. I am not a negroni fan but I have always been told that you could do so much more with campari. I was definitely wrong. I would buy it again for others, but not for myself. It just doesn't suit my palate.
Michael F.
Phoenix, AZ
I can't stress enough that Campari is -- above all else -- an acquired taste.

It's nearly impossible to adequately describe, it must be experienced. You've probably heard 'medicinal' and 'bitter' before. And while both of these are true, it still leaves an unfinished painting.

Give it a try sometime and see for yourself. I think it's the worst tasting thing I've ever enjoyed.
Julia V.
Saint Louis, MO
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I'm not going to lie I only tried Campari because the Femme Fatale in a movie had it as her favorite drink and it looked very yummy in the glass. I have to say I do NOT like this on its own. HOWEVER it was pretty good in a cocktail that calls for it. I probably wouldn't purchase it again but I'm sure someone else would enjoy the flavor.
Ciara S.
Temecula, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Bittersweet and delicious Campari makes drinks taste more refined, sophisticated, and complex when you use it. I like to make their Americano cocktail. Price wise Campari can be a bit pricey but if you get it at BevMo you can get it for a good deal sometimes. I would recommend giving it a try if your looking for something new and out of the ordinary.
Martha I.
Saint Louis, MO
I do not like Campari at all. I think it tastes horribly and I can barely smell it that I already want to pass away the cup. I have tried already and it is so strong and the taste is worst than whisky. It is pricey and you will pay for something that does not taste good. I would not recommend it.
Ashley B.
Seattle, WA
What your favorite way to drink Campari (include recipes please)?