Campari Aperitivo 48@ 750ML uploaded by Zemyna R.

BY CAMPARI

• What your favorite way to drink Campari (include recipes please)? 3 Answers
dam m.
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
If there was one cocktail that defined the point at which you had ‘made it’ into the realm of the cocktail enthusiast it would be the Negroni. Whilst there are exceptions to every rule, it would usually be considered an ‘acquired taste’, and thus unsuitable for those who are new to the world of cocktail imbibing. It is however, almost universally revered amongst those who would think of themselves as aficionados of the mixed drink. The ‘acquired’ part of its taste is the fact that it is a bitter-tasting drink on account of one of the ingredients, Campari. Produced to a secret recipe using an infusion of herbs, aromatic plants and fruit into a mix of neutral alcohol and water, Campari has been around since 1860 and shows no sign of disappearing any time soon.
KL C.
KL C.
Toluca Lake, CA
No home bar is complete without a bottle of Campari. The deep-red, bitter apertif is fantastic for cocktails of all kinds, especially if one wants to stay away from a high alcohol content. Campari and soda on ice with a twist of lemon is light, pretty, sophisticated and refreshing. That said, you have to enjoy "bitter" as a flavor. Campari is not sweet, and adds a hit of bitter to anything you include it in. There is some talk that the original recipe was recently replaced by the corporate owner with the sweeter, less intense version now available. I would say - from memory - that the older version was more complex and interesting. But the new one, while somehow flattened, is not much sweeter.
Seattle, WA
Campari is one of those things that people seem to love or hate. I personally love it. It is bitter. So if bitter is not your thing, you probably want to stay away. However, if you're a bitter fan, you will love it. My favorite ways to have it are either the classic negroni (1 oz campari, 1 oz gin, and 1oz sweet vermouth) or a campari spritzer (campari and prosecco). When I was in Italy, I had a lot of campari spritzer because it was always served on ice which was great in the hot Italian summer.
Susan M.
Susan M.
Ann Arbor, MI
I don't drink Campari every day, but it is definitely one of my favorite before dinner drinks. I drink it as "Campari and Soda" and just love the taste. There is nothing I can compare it to. It is unique. I was introduced to it in Europe. Not everyone likes the supposed 'bitterness' of Campari, but I love the taste, I personally don't find it bitter, but a bit 'dry' Diluted with soda, it is perfect.
Ciara S.
Ciara S.
Temecula, CA
Happy Hour Expert
Bittersweet and delicious Campari makes drinks taste more refined, sophisticated, and complex when you use it. I like to make their Americano cocktail. Price wise Campari can be a bit pricey but if you get it at BevMo you can get it for a good deal sometimes. I would recommend giving it a try if your looking for something new and out of the ordinary.
Alina S.
Alina S.
This is definitely an acquired taste. It is extremely bitter and I don't know how anyone can drink this by itself. I really love to mix this in blood orange soda or something similar even sprite. It's nice and refreshing in the summer when mixed with something sweeter otherwise it's too better for me. But it's fun for something different.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Indianapolis, IN
Julia V.
Julia V.
Kirkwood, MO
I'm not going to lie I only tried Campari because the Femme Fatale in a movie had it as her favorite drink and it looked very yummy in the glass. I have to say I do NOT like this on its own. HOWEVER it was pretty good in a cocktail that calls for it. I probably wouldn't purchase it again but I'm sure someone else would enjoy the flavor.
Emily R.
Emily R.
Milwaukie, OR
I heart Campari. It took me a long time to get there though. It is very bitter, and unless your palate is acclimated to really bitter things, this might be a tough sell. Try it in a Negroni with Gin and Sweet Vermouth to balance it out, or if you're a Whiskey drinker, sub in some Whiskey for the Gin (that's a Boulevardier) and enjoy!
Claribel J.
Claribel J.
Claribel RD31646 7801 NW 37th Street Doral, FL 33195-6503
I do not like much but .... I Campari. It took me a long time to get there though. It is very bitter, and unless your palate is acclimated to really bitter things, this might be a tough sell. Try it in a Negroni with Gin and Sweet Vermouth to balance it out, or if you're a Whiskey drinker, sub in some Whiskey for the Gin and enjoy!
Seattle, WA
What your favorite way to drink Campari (include recipes please)?