Camp Fire  USA uploaded by Jocelyn D.

Camp Fire USA

BY CAMP FIRE

Camp Fire USA
  • "This is such an amazing organization , it's makes your kids learn slot and have a positive impact " in 5 reviews
Sophia D.
Mechanicville, NY
I'm boycotting Field and Stream and also dicks because they suck as companies and are just trying to appease people and making false claims and false advertising about their selling habits to minors
Bonnie L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
This is such an amazing organization. They make such a difference in peoples lives. I am so glad that Influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved. Overall great organization!
Miranda V.
Elizabeth, WV
2,639 reviews
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
This is such a good company, and they make a difference in so many peoples lives. And I’m glad that influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
I absolutely loved their Camp Sealth on Vashon Island near Seattle. I wasn't the most social kid and there were no children besides my sister and I in my neighborhood and going to camp helped me become more confident talking to my peers. I like that it'd co-ed and they have all kinds of different programs and stay-lengths to choose from. I had an incredible experience and highly recommend them.
Deborah F.
Fort Scott, KS
Camp Fire USA is a great youth organization for girls and now boys too.
I was in Camp Fire starting in the 60 and ended in 1974 when I graduated high school. I started out as a bluebird (that was for the very little girls) and then I went on into what was then called the Camp Fire Girls. In 1973 or 74 is around the time that they changed the name from Camp Fire Girls. I still have my handbook, Native American bead gown with the wooden beads still on it. I also have my blue bird pin. I also have other pins from being a camp fire girl that I earned. I have a pillow with the campfire girl emblem on it, I won it at the father daughter banquet in Oroville, California for a scene I made about campfire girls in a cardboard box. (I think they are called a panorama) It was fun... another year the theme was around the world.. so my mother made me a Kimono(I hope I spelled that properly) and my father made me a pair of shoes that that was Japanese also.. I felt so special and pretty.. I also had to give a report on Japan. Again my wonderful father was there with me. Such happy memories..
Cassandra W.
Philadelphia, PA
I was a camp fire girl when I was young because I had 3 brothers and it was easier to have us in a co-ed group instead of separated. Unfortunately, as fun as it was, I really don't remember learning anything of value like I did in Girl Scouts
Kristi W.
Goliad, TX
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Great organization for our children. It will teach them things they'll need to know to make them into the leaders we will need one day. That the future will need.
Tiffany T.
Altoona , IA
I was a part of this when I was young. This allows children to learn things like survival tips and how to do things on your own. It's a very educational experience for children.
Liz C.
Othello, WA
I was a 13 year member and earned the WoHELo award. Camp Fire provided me with healthy adult mentors and skills that I still carry with me over a decade later. I developed strong organizational, leadership, service, public speaking and outreach skills. As well as outdoor skills. I worked for two summers at a Camp Fire day camp and some of those skills I learned I have used in every job. Especially the skills of actively engaging youth and active listening. I highly recommend this program.
Sarah Lee G.
Vacaville, CA
I was a Camp Fire Kid growing up (it was co-ed both troops and camp). I had a blast with my mom as my troop leader and doing things with all of my friends. I also spent many years going to the local camp as well. It gave me so many great experiences that I wanted my kids to have the same. Unfortunately the area we live now CF is not as popular so we opted for B&G Scouts of America and they are getting to have some of the same great experiences just in a different way. CF would have been way easier because it is co-ed!
Rita F.
Is this something like Girl Scouts
Elisha B.
Chillicothe, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
What is this one all about? (:
member-e17af074c
St Petersburg, FL
What does this mean?
Deborah F.
Fort Scott, KS
Does anyone know what year that the Camp Fire started letting boys in? I know it was in early to mid 70's.(1970's) Just can't remember the exact date. I loved being a blue bird and then a campfire girl.. GREAT memories of all the fun we had. GOOD CLEAN FUN!!!
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
1,730 reviews
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
Is similar to girl scouts of America?