Camille Rose Natural Camille Rose Curl Maker 12 oz

Curl maker curl defining jelly is made with natural horsetail and beet extracts to transform your hair into curls without leaving it hard or crunchy. Your hair will have amazing curl definition, bounce and moisture that every curl or coil will love. Perfect for wash and go styling. For extra definition and moisture, use with curl love moisture milk or fresh curl. see more...

• Does it make your hair curly ?4 Answers
  • Does this product work for kinky 3c/4a hair? To give a little mor...3 Answers
  • How does this compare to EcoGel? Don't want to spend $23 if they ...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Sybil W.
This is a slimy, runny type of styling gel. It is definitely on the thinner and more slimy slide than most styling gels on the market today. It defines my curl more so than a lot of other curl styling products that I have used. Now, I do have a naturally loose curl pattern, so whether a product happens to make my hair look a bit more curlier then usual I am okay with it. I am not majorly interested in making my hair look more curlier. I just look for products mainly to enhance what I already have. It has a citrusy type scent. I feel neutral about the scent, because it does contain added parfum, which really has no benefit towards ones hair at all. Which is why, I don't know why some of these so called natural hair care lines choose to put parfum in their products at all, yet still offer them as being natural products. There's nothing natural about parfum. Which is why I do not consider this to be an all natural product.

It provides a very firm hold if used alone in the hair. I am not one of those people who likes a lot of hold normally, when it comes to the products that I use. Which is why, my struggle with being able to use this gel on a frequent basis was definitely there. Because if I used it on a frequent basis, it would leave my curls very dry feeling and I would encounter more tangles than without and my hair is not very tangle prone naturally at all. Now, I have used this product in combination with other Camille Rose Naturals products, in order to help cut down on the high level of firmness it provides, and to have my hair be left with more of a moisturized and softer feel. Overall, that does help, but, I find that I like Camille Rose Naturals other stylers much better than this one overall, because they leave my hair feeling softer, more moisturized, and they give my hair more shine, which is why, I no longer use this styling gel anymore.

If you are someone who needs a very firm holding styling gel to tame their naturally wavy, curly, or coily hair, then this gel is worth giving a try. However, it is definitely pricey, and honestly, I feel that most people who desire a very firm styling gel can find one that works very well, for much cheaper within the drugstores.
Ashlei F.
The name says it all, as someone with wavy hair, this curl maker makes my waves look more like curls. Witchcraft? Magic? I love this product. You get a big bottle and a little goes a long way! This is what I use to clump my curls and then follow with a mousse or gel (A product with hold). I've never used it alone, but I should try that out!!
naiomi l.
Davenport , FL
My favorite gel in the whole world!!!! This gel not only adds amazing hold, it smooths down your cuticles to prevent frizz, this gel clumps curls so nicely and works well with so many leave ins! I can't say enough good things about this product. It is worth every dollar. Buy it!
Solymar S.
Harker Hts, TX
After a few month fighting with frizz I remembered all the great things i had heard about this line. I decided to give it a try and I love it. It holds my curls for a good 5 days, with minimal frizz. When ever it gets a little crunchy i just do some scrunch and get rid of it. Ohhh and the smell its great. I just want to try more products from this line.
Valerie J.
Atlanta, GA
I just tried this product because I've heard such great things about it. It deliverered too. I only wash my hair with shampoo once a month because I don't want to completely strip it (I have curly hair) and this is gentle but also smell great. I'd buy again.
Naidelyn V.
This product is good for the price . Its great for those who want a natural product that will define their curls . I usually would apply their moisture milk product (i believe thats what its called, its something milk) before i applied this and achieved great results .
Lauren G.
Lancaster, PA
Oh My Goodness. Words cannot describe how much I love this product. There are a few cons: It can get a tiny bit crunchy, but nowhere near other products. The price is also a bit steep, BUT IT IS WORTH IT.
I have frizzy, curly hair and I never embraced the frizz; so I tried MANY gels, jellies, creams, mousses, etc., and this product hands down leaves me with the shiniest, most defined, and frizz-free curls. It smells amazing too, like grapefruit. It's also really easy to styl with this product, I just detangle my hair with conditioner and then finger rake the product through my hair and air dry. It's amazing.
Sarah S.
St Louis Park, MN
I use this as my defining gel when I am doing a twist out and I love the defined but soft look it gives me. As others have mentioned, this product works best if you have a base of a leave in conditioner. The smell is great and I noticed my curls stay defined longer if I use this. I tend to use more gel than not enough but I have learned that I don't need to be heavy handed with this gel. A little goes a long way thankfully - considering the price. The price is the only reason I won't give full stars. I have a lot of hair so there is only so much skimping I can do to make the bottle last longer.
Cierra E.
Ladson, SC
I've been natural my whole life and my hair gets curly easily but this product makes them super defined. The ultimate best. "Camille Rose Curl Maker" I also purchased other Camille Rose Products that are also working great for me. My hair/curls have never looked so good. The Camille Rose line has my hair Looking fabulous. I never got so many compliments. Strangers were telling me that my hair looked awesome and asking me what product did I use and I was more than happy to tell them. Camille Rose, Curl Maker. You can't go wrong. Great product. I have found my hair more defined than ever. Thank you Camille Rose!❤🙌
Carib C.
Rosedale, NY
Definitely a holy grail for me. I pair it with Aussie mega moist conditioner and a little bit of Eco styler olive oil gel and it is perfection. The smell alone is amazing. There is no crunch, no flaking. It isn't a super hold, but I like my curls soft and bouncy. This is exactly the results I get. It is a bit sticky, so if you don't like that feeling of slight greasy, you won't like tthis.
Carissa A.
Spring Valley, CA
Does it make your hair curly ?
mo f.
Lauderhill , FL
Does this leave your hair feeling hard?
LaTrice D.
Does this product work for kinky 3c/4a hair? To give a little more insight my hair is fine/porous and a little longer than shoulder length when curly. I have to use heavier gels to keep my curls in tact but they usually weigh me down. I like to have volume as well as definition but usually only get one or the other. Will this product help me achieve both? thanks in advance
Tiauna S.
Does this product leave hair flaky or with a residue after it had dried ?
Tina L.
Griffith, IN
Can anyone tell me how well this product works? I saw it in the store and was thinking about trying it. How good is the definition and does it make the hair feel crunchy at all?