Alison B.
Alison B.
Round Rock, TX

Have you ever broken one from dropping it?
Angelica K.
Angelica K.
June 28, 2016, 10:07 a.m.
The only story I heard of from a broken camelbak is from a friend who owned one for 5+ years and it was filled with ice at the time and it completely cracked.
Maryn I.
Maryn I.
Feb. 20, 2014, 1:16 a.m.
I work on an adventure course and have literally dropped it from our 25 foot platform onto the earth several times and never broken mine!
Katie B.
Katie B.
Oct. 5, 2013, 2:33 p.m.
I've dropped mine so much and it never breaks!
Amy L.
Amy L.
Sept. 25, 2013, 6:57 p.m.
No and mine has taken a beating.
Molly W.
Molly W.
Sept. 5, 2013, 5:43 p.m.
I have dropped mine a good 30 feet when I was backpacking often, only to come out with a few scrapes. These things are made to last. It's certainly possible that they can break under certain circumstances, but it's improbable that they will. Cosmetic damage is common, but stickers can cover up blemishes :)
Julia B.
Julia B.
Sept. 3, 2013, 3:38 p.m.
My water bottle lives attached to the side of my backpack so suffers from it's share of abuse. I have some scratches on the outside but definitely no breakage!
Louis S.
Louis S.
Sept. 1, 2013, 8:41 p.m.
My wife and I took ours to Disney and they were in our backpack. Hers is insulated, and the insulating outside wall cracked a little bit. It still works just fine and hasn't seemed to make any difference other than cosmetic.
Emilia D.
Emilia D.
Aug. 1, 2013, 1:49 p.m.
I never have, but sometimes the straw breaks. They are easily replaceable!
Samantha N.
Samantha N.
July 20, 2013, 6:18 p.m.
Just the lid/straw part. It still works, but it leaks sometimes.
Ash A.
Ash A.
June 20, 2013, 10:01 p.m.
I have had mine for 2 years and no cracks and I have dropped it several times.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
May 13, 2013, 7:07 a.m.
Nope! I haven't!
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
May 4, 2013, 12:57 a.m.
Nope and I always drop mine ;)
Dani D.
Dani D.
April 27, 2013, 9:27 a.m.
Mine is pretty scratched up from having a LOT of falls, but in about four years of rough treatment, I've never broken it.
Madison B.
Madison B.
April 23, 2013, 9:38 p.m.
Yes, but I contacted the website about a replacement part and they replaced it within days of sending my request.
Taylor W.
Taylor W.
April 21, 2013, 6:33 a.m.
Never! the most breakage I've ever seen from one of these is the straw
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
March 21, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
I've dropped mine multiple times. It gets scratched up, but it's never broken.
Jacqueline N.
Jacqueline N.
Feb. 24, 2013, 6:25 p.m.
I have drop it a lot of times and nope its still good.
Becky D.
Becky D.
Feb. 9, 2013, 4:10 p.m.
I've dropped mine at least 10,000 times, and the most it's done is scratched it.
Aimee L.
Aimee L.
Feb. 8, 2013, 7:51 a.m.
I drop mine all the time, and I have never had me break. These bottles are durable.
Cortney R.
Cortney R.
Jan. 30, 2013, 2:41 a.m.
No, I've never broken one. Seems to me it would be hard to break. It won't break if it like drops from your hand, but it is plastic so don't go trying to drop it off a tall building or anything
Brianna K.
Brianna K.
Jan. 24, 2013, 5:36 p.m.
I've broke one straw, but as stated above you can get replacements :)
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Jan. 22, 2013, 9:20 p.m.
We've broken a few lids and straws from hard falls and dishwashers, but you can get replacements at REI.

Join Now