Calphalon Contemporary 17-piece Cutlery Block Set

You've been meaning to buy a new set of knives forever. Maybe you're still hacking away with the few dull knives you've had since college. Considering how much your cooking skills and culinary knowledge have grown, don't you think it's time to treat yourself to the cutlery you deserve? The Calphalon 17-pc. Contemporary Cutlery Knife Block Set is the perfect set to replace every flimsy knife in your kitchen with the high-quality cutlery you need. Hand-forged from premium-quality high-carbon, no-stain German steel, Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery features full-tang design, which means the same piece of steel runs from the blade through the knife handle. This full-tang design is what separates the world's finest professional-grade knives from less-sturdy versions. The solid one-piece steel tang provides superior strength, and coupled with the sleek, ergonomically contoured grip handle, gives this cutlery exceptional balance. Each knife has its name etched into the end of its handle, so you'll always know which knife you're pulling out of the block. With each graceful, effortless slice, you'll wonder why you waited so long to step up to Calphalon's Contemporary Cutlery. Set Includes: 4.5-inch paring knife 6-inch utility knife 8-inch slicing knife 8-inch chef's knife 8-inch bread knife 7-inch santoku knife Eight steak knives Kitchen shears 10-inch sharpening steel Maple knife block Why We Love It: World-class, hand-forged, full-tang knives at this price are an outrageous value. We love that each knife is etched with its name; no more grabbing the wrong knife! With every knife a cook could need in one set, this makes a great gift. Features: Knife construction: Crafted from high-carbon, no-stain German steel. Tempered, heat-hardened to 1,000 degrees C, HRC 54-56 (Hardness Rockwell "C" scale - a standard measurement of hardness). Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength. Key performance: Balance of knives, strength and durability of blades. Blades' ability to be honed and maintain their edge. Knife identification on butt of handle. Blade: Fully forged blade. Full tang for balance and strength. Bolster: One piece of metal for blade, bolster and tang Handle: First ever ergonomically designed handle which shows the full tang. Crafted from fiberglass-reinforced polyresin - won't split, crack, or harbor microorganisms. Patented knife identification etched on the butt of handle. Block: Lightly stained maple block with branded logo Contemporary Cutlery is backed by a lifetime warranty

How well does this set hold up? Would you recommend them for daily use? Thank you 😊
Start your review of Calphalon Contemporary 17-piece Cutlery Block Set!
How would you rate this product?
Estefania K.
Seattle, WA
Decorator Expert Level 1
Calphalon Contemporary 17-piece Cutlery Block Set uploaded by Estefania K.
This is my old Cutlery set. I’ve had it for over 4 years and of course I use it all the time. The variety is the desired. The knives and scissors are of very good quality. It cakes with a sharpening rod too, which is essential to keep the knives how you need them. It’s kind of pricey, but it’s worth. I recommend this brand.
cheri R.
MURFREESBORO, TN
Calphalon Contemporary 17-piece Cutlery Block Set uploaded by cheri R.
love these knives so sharp, easy to use, any size you need.Cutlery knife block set includes 8 inch Chef's Knife, 6 inch Serrated Utility Knife, 5 inch Santoku, 4.5 inch Parer, 6 Steak Knives, Kitchen Shears and Sharpening Knife Block Built in ceramic sharpeners automatically sharpen straight edge knives with every use Constructed from forged, high carbon, no stain steel; full tang design for strength and balance Triple riveted handles are contoured for a secure grip and labeled for easy identification in the block
Desiree S.
Greenwood, IN
I really enjoy my knife set from Calphalon! I took time to read different knife sets reviews and I’m glad I purchased this set. Very versatile and has all the knives I would need! I really enjoy the self sharpening aspect of this set. If you want it extra sharp a couple swipes back and forth inside the self sharpening and voila!
Hannah B.
Bridgeview, IL
I love love love Calphalon. It's so hard to find a great butter knife, but this one slices with such ease without any mess or crumbs. It cuts the bread with such a nice finish. love that these knives have self sharpeners. I'm ready to chop and cut anything without my knives becoming dull. The handles are so easy to grip which makes it easy for me to control how fast and how efficient I'm able to chop my vegetables.
Nicole D.
Smyrna, DE
This is a fantastic knife set. The knives are high quality and work very well. I like the block they are set up with. It's nice to display.
Karissa H.
Wamego, KS
Live this knife set. We have had them 8 year and used and abused them. They are slightly pitted after all the abuse but are still very sharp
Kyla C.
Nashville, TN
Decorator Expert Level 10
1,437 reviews
This is a great kitchen product!  You can keep it right on your counter for ease of use to use the knives in the set!
Shakeela L.
Hopkinsville, KY
Decorator Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Walmart
These were very pricey, my husband purchased these as a gift for the both of us lol! We have had them for about 3 years and love them. You have to keep them sharpened, but as long as you do this they are perfect !
Ahu K.
Hampton, NH
I really love this set! I think it’s been 10 years since we bought it! I have been using a these every day the last 10 years with no problem at all! Every once in a while I have to sharpen which is understandable because of the amount of use! Long lasting durable and worth every penny!
Diego Alejandro O.
Huila
Knives have been cery useful to me because apart i can cut several thigs og different sizes because i have several knives for the exibition many of my people or relatives need kives and sometimes we do not have butwhith this new product