Add a Photo

By CALIFORNIA NATURAL
Karina G.
Karina G.
HOMESTEAD, FL

I have my dogs in the lamb and rice low fat, and had my cat on the chicken and rice variety before he started developing urinary issues. I LOVE THIS FOOD! it is an affordable, limited ingredient, high quality diet! before this, i had them on solid gold, it was too rich and they had tummy issues from that. after changing them to CN, they have never been better, and i have never looked back!
Krystal D.
Krystal D.
Victoria, BC

I have bought this brand for my cats and they absolutely loved it! I was pleased with how soft they're coats looked and felt, kind of sad that this isn't going to be distributed to Canada anymore.. Switched to Canadian naturals witch is similar. By far the best cat food that is neutral for fussy cats!
Mandi E.
Mandi E.
Pottstown, PA

Had some trouble finding food for my rescue dog with all of her allergies, this was a great find! Did hear they are changing things up so will have to read the ingredients again after. Keep your eyes peeled!
Beverly P.
Beverly P.
Fresno, CA

I received a free bag of California Natural Chicken & Rice Adult dog food from California Natural to review. I love that this dog food is all natural and I know exactly what I'm feeding to my dog. Ahkai was very excited to see what was in the bag when I was opening it and was more then happy to eat a few bites, but that was pretty much her only reaction to getting a new dog food. She is an all day grazer kind of dog, so it wasn't too surprising. Ahkai's coat feels so much softer then it did previously. She used to constantly be itching on everything, mostly due to seasonal allergies, California Natural seems to have decreased the amount of itching she does. Overall she is very happy with her food and I'm much happier knowing she is getting great food!
Petra S.
Petra S.
Trenton, NJ

I have two dogs an they are both very different. My yorkie-shitzu absolutelly HATES this, he will not eat it no matter what. My Pug on the other side, actually loves this. Whenever I buy any other food for him, he doesn't really eat it as much as he does when he has California Natural. Therefore in my house it is a love and hate thing, but I would give it a high mark. It seems like it works and does what it says, my dog doesn't scratch every part of his body anymore and therefore he has less scabs, which is a great plus. I am happy with this product and I recommend it for people that own dogs, especially if they have itchy skin.
Chrystal P.
Chrystal P.
Murfreesboro, TN

I've had a problematic allergy issue with my old dog when he was just a pup - was recommended to California Natural Herring & Sweet Potato and it has been a wonderful food for not only my allergy dog; but all of the dogs. They are lean and in shape, coat and skin look fantastic and they always eat it heartily, with no resistance. My older guy is 8 and loves it still and has really benefitted from the single protein and single grain source. The fish oil improves the skin and coat and he really suffers much less with the allergy diet in mind. LOVE this food and recommend it to everyone I know who has a dog, allergy issues or not!
Amber C.
Amber C.
Mountain View, CA

I do not use this product for my own pets, however, I do use it at the shelter that I volunteer at. I work in the kitten nursery and we use the wet food for our moms and kittens. The cans are huge, about the size of a soup can, and are packed with food to the top. Most of the cats there really like it but we do occasionally have our picky eaters. We feed wet food twice a day and use about a heaped tablespoon each time. It is easy for kittens to eat and they seem to like it. There is also never really an issue with bowel movements afterwards. I would always check with your vet before switching your pet to a new food.
Alice S.
Alice S.
Evansville, IN

If buying this food because your pet enjoys it then great. However know that in the business of pet foods and labels it is controlled by FDA and AAFCO. In a direct quote from FDA website below, "The term "natural" is often used on pet food labels, although that term does not have an official definition either. AAFCO has developed a feed term definition for what types of ingredients can be considered “natural” and “Guidelines for Natural Claims” for pet foods.

Just thought everyone should know what your money is spent on!
Chelsea E.
Chelsea E.

This dog food is SUCH GREAT QUALITY. When you compare it's ingredient list to other brands it will blow your mind. There aren't any nasty fillers, they use quality meat (not roadkill or animals that died of illness!) and it's great for dogs with sensitive stomachs or skin allergies. People that are used to buying store brand dog food may complain about the cost, but if you look at all of the dog foods that have no fillers, no crazy preservatives and quality ingredients, this brand is one of the best priced. You get what you pay for!
Lyndsey G.
Lyndsey G.
Baltimore, MD

I have been skeptical about California Natural Lamb and Rice with its simplistic formulation... could it really work for my dogs? Aren't multiple protein sources, a few grains and maybe even veggies and fruits necessary for a healthy dog? You hear about those types of food all the time on doggy discussion boards.

The dogs LOVE the taste. They have been on this food for more than a month now and the itching has minimized. There's still the occasional scratch, but nothing like before. Not a hot spot in sight.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY

Where can you find this besides amazon?
Bronx, NY

Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??
Bronx, NY

Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??

Join Now