BY CALIFORNIA NATURAL

• Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??3 Answers
  • Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??3 Answers
  • Where can you find this besides amazon?9 Answers
California Natural
  • "Ahkai was very excited to see what was in the bag when I was opening it and was more then happy to eat a few bites, but that was pretty much her only reaction to getting a new dog food." in 11 reviews
  • "As a dog mommy of a dog with food allergies finding the right food that's not going to break the bank has been a difficult challenge." in 5 reviews
Karina G.
Karina G.
Homestead, FL
I have my dogs in the lamb and rice low fat, and had my cat on the chicken and rice variety before he started developing urinary issues. I LOVE THIS FOOD! it is an affordable, limited ingredient, high quality diet! before this, i had them on solid gold, it was too rich and they had tummy issues from that. after changing them to CN, they have never been better, and i have never looked back!
Mandi E.
Mandi E.
Pottstown, PA
Had some trouble finding food for my rescue dog with all of her allergies, this was a great find! Did hear they are changing things up so will have to read the ingredients again after. Keep your eyes peeled!
Leanne M.
Leanne M.
Springfield, VA
I had my frenchie on this for the longest time and he was doing really, really well. Little to no itchy skin and his allergies were under control. About 2+ years ago the formula changed and all of a sudden he started getting hot spots again. I switched it up to Taste of the Wild and he was golden.

This is absolutely dog specific though - my dog was not suited to this food, but your mileage may vary.
Erin O.
Erin O.
Cumming, GA
We just bought this food for our cat and she loves it! its all natural ingredients and just oh so good for my animals
Lyndsey G.
Lyndsey G.
Baltimore, MD
I have been skeptical about California Natural Lamb and Rice with its simplistic formulation... could it really work for my dogs? Aren't multiple protein sources, a few grains and maybe even veggies and fruits necessary for a healthy dog? You hear about those types of food all the time on doggy discussion boards.

The dogs LOVE the taste. They have been on this food for more than a month now and the itching has minimized. There's still the occasional scratch, but nothing like before. Not a hot spot in sight.
Beverly P.
Beverly P.
Fresno, CA
I received a free bag of California Natural Chicken & Rice Adult dog food from California Natural to review. I love that this dog food is all natural and I know exactly what I'm feeding to my dog. Ahkai was very excited to see what was in the bag when I was opening it and was more then happy to eat a few bites, but that was pretty much her only reaction to getting a new dog food. She is an all day grazer kind of dog, so it wasn't too surprising. Ahkai's coat feels so much softer then it did previously. She used to constantly be itching on everything, mostly due to seasonal allergies, California Natural seems to have decreased the amount of itching she does. Overall she is very happy with her food and I'm much happier knowing she is getting great food!
Amber C.
Amber C.
Mountain View, CA
I do not use this product for my own pets, however, I do use it at the shelter that I volunteer at. I work in the kitten nursery and we use the wet food for our moms and kittens. The cans are huge, about the size of a soup can, and are packed with food to the top. Most of the cats there really like it but we do occasionally have our picky eaters. We feed wet food twice a day and use about a heaped tablespoon each time. It is easy for kittens to eat and they seem to like it. There is also never really an issue with bowel movements afterwards. I would always check with your vet before switching your pet to a new food.
Alice S.
Alice S.
Evansville, IN
If buying this food because your pet enjoys it then great. However know that in the business of pet foods and labels it is controlled by FDA and AAFCO. In a direct quote from FDA website below, "The term "natural" is often used on pet food labels, although that term does not have an official definition either. AAFCO has developed a feed term definition for what types of ingredients can be considered “natural” and “Guidelines for Natural Claims” for pet foods.

Just thought everyone should know what your money is spent on!
Kate M.
Kate M.
Both of my dogs really enjoy this food. I enjoy it for it's price and the fact that it doesn't seem to bad for them.
Emilie P.
Emilie P.
West Halifax, VT
I used this food for my Great Dane/ Irish Wolfhound mix. HE had mange as a puppy and his skin was always gross and itchy. This food helped him recover beautifully. Now he is a handsome boy with almost no scarring.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Where can you find this besides amazon?
Bronx, NY
Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??
Bronx, NY
Does your dog like the taste of this dog food??