BY CABOT

Cabot™ Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Aged a minimum of 9 months.
Since 1919.
Owned by our farm families in New York & New England. see more...

Marlena S.
Marlena S.
Foodie Expert
I love gourmet cheese and will spend any amount for decadent, artisan cheese. However, when I can't make it to a fromagerie, and must buy from the supermarket, Cabot is a very good option. The price is very wallet-friendly but the taste is really what's special. The classic sharp variety is my favorite. It has a nice texture-not too crumbly nor creamy and it melts nicely. The classic has a buttery taste with a little salty kick. The sharp is the same with just more bite.
Amber R.
Amber R.
Mayo, FL
CABOT CHEESE HAS SOME OF THE BEST AFFORDABLE BLOCK CHEESES AVAILABLE. I BUY CABOT FAIRLY OFTEN, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S ON SALE. THE CHEESE MELTS PERFECTLY AND ITS GOT THE BEST CREAMINESS TO IT. THIS CHEESE IS MORE BOLD THAN OTHER BRANDS WHICH IS OKAY WITH ME BUT I DO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL USING IT IN CERTAIN RECIPES THAT DON'T BENEFIT FROM A STRONG CHEESE FLAVOR.
Genie C.
Genie C.
Winter Garden, FL
Foodie Expert
LOVE this cheese. I enjoy the flavor and the bite. I haven't found a brand that suprases cabot in flavor that I can get easily locally (I mean who has time to find artisan cheese all the time?). I use this for mac and cheese, baking, cooking, and many other applications (tomato soup with cheddar YUM). Great taste and amazing quality.
Alex R.
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
Classic sharp cheddar. Tastes great, you do not have to eat a ton because every bite has a whole lot of flavor. However I will have to say that does not typically stop me from eating a bunch of it...whoops. But it is a little more expensive than the store brand but it is worth it you are looking for a good quality cheddar.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Lexington, KY
I grew up in VT which means I grew up on Cabot cheese. In fact, a 7th grade personality test told me that I should be a cheese maker. I'm sad I didn't listen. Cabot isn't the fanciest of cheeses and doesn't make it onto my dinner party cheese boards, but it's a regular participant in my daily cheese snacking.
Alma R.
Alma R.
Seattle, WA
Foodie Expert
My bf is from Vermont so he knows his dairy products and his cheddar cheese. I like how this brand is readily available in most grocery stores and a decent price. I shred up a block for grilled cheese sandwiches and they are also good slice with crackers as a snack. Kraft cheese just does not compare.
Casey C.
Casey C.
Lincoln, NE
This is my favorite cheddar cheese block! I wish my local grocery store carried cabot, though perhaps it is better for my waistline not to have it all the time. I grew up eating this cheese and am thoroughly convinced it is perfect for everything from a grilled cheese sandwich to cheese and crackers.
Staci M.
Staci M.
Los Angeles, CA
A juicy ground chuck burger deserves a great cheese and Cabot Classic Vermont Cheddar Cheese is the perfect addition to any burger really. lay it on thick and cover the top of the grill for a few minutes and what you get is deliciously melted cheese on the best burger you will ever have.
Elizabeth V.
Elizabeth V.
Troy, NY
Foodie Expert
Our family loves Cabot cheese. Their vermont cheddar is so sharp and tangy and crumbles perfectly. The giant blocks they make are the best deal and are very high quality. I's recommend the bars over the shredded cheese because there are less preservatives and you get a truer flavor.
Debbie S.
Debbie S.
Bethlehem, PA
I always use Cabot cheese. It is a must in my famous Mac and cheese. I like to use different varieties each time i make it but Classic Vermont Cheddar is always a great choice. I keep it cut up in the refrigerator and my grandson comes to visit, he always goes right for the cheese.