BY CABLEVISION #2 in Cable Providers

Christopher M.
Christopher M.
Bergenfield, NJ
If the sound isn't going in and out then the picture is scrambled. If you try to check out the info for a show later at night, forget it because its never available, I guess they haven't figured out how to update the guide and still display info at the same time. And their pricing is horrendous, way too expensive. I'm actually looking into either switching to Verizon cable or dropping cable altogether and just get basic channels along with streaming. Don't waste your money on Cablevision.
Kris S.
Kris S.
Farmingville, NY
Was a subscriber for many years but cost was ridiculous! Switched to Dish and was extremely satisfied however, my son says his gaming was lagging with that service. Switched back to Cablevision but will return to Dish as soon as contract expires. Too many service interruptions. NEVER lost signal even with dish on roof in snow. Once, in blizzard, 3 feet of snow, went outside, brushed off dish with a broom and service was perfect! Not a fan of $200+ cable bill with constant disconnects.
Arisneida J.
Arisneida J.
I have a love/hate relationship with Optimum. I Love having access to SO MANY optimum hotspots, honestly, my iPhone was disconnected for about 6-7 months almost a year because I had wifi at home, school, my boyfriends house and MOST OF THE PLACES I WENT! I mean having wifi in NYC is almost impossible and you guys did it!
however, I hate the fact that you guys include the channels that are not included , just show me what I got and thats all.
Susan G.
Susan G.
Huntington, NY
Thanks to the strike, Verizon couldn't install my cable/phone/Internet (I was moving apts.) for 7 weeks. YES - you read that right. The next opening was for SEVEN WEEKS away. I had called in mid-May and they couldn't schedule me until after 4th of July weekend. I called CV and they had a tech out the SAME DAY as my move which was perfect. I've had them less than three weeks, but am happy so far that I made the switch!
Morenike K.
Morenike K.
Bronx, NY
Techie Expert
I only gave it 3 stars because ive always been used to using direct TV but when we moved we were forced to get cablevision because thats the only provider in that area. although we only moved 30 minutes away. the other provider also i feel like they had more channels. cablevision at times we take out channels we had. and we would have to call them to put it back. it always happens. although it is affordable
Shalonne P.
Shalonne P.
Brooklyn, NY
Cablevision I absolutely love their products, services and benefits. I've never had a problem with Customer Service Support and most likely never will considering how kind and understanding I am. Their products and services are noteworthy although don't last a lifetime but still top notch. There is a reason why they are called Cablevision it would take a visionare to see how functional digital cable is.
Marie Elaina M.
Marie Elaina M.
Bethpage, NY
We have had Cablevision since we purchased our home in 1999. As the years have passed I believe the price I pay each month for Cable/Phone/Internet is a complete ripoff. I have tried downgrading my service to save some money plus the fact that there is either nothing on or they show the SAME movies OVER AND OVER. I hear the other companies are not much better so I'm staying with Cablevision
Yadira O.
Yadira O.
Brentwood , NY
Techie Expert
Good TV programming and I've had great customer service experiences, however I really wish they didn't raise your bill so often and kept everything in the packages to expire within the same time range. I had dvr free for only 12 months, free movies for 1 month, free international programming for 6 months and the general triple play price for only 2 years then the prices would change...
Denise M.
Denise M.
Trenton, NJ
I had Verizon and then I moved to an area that only offers Cablevision and I hate it! DVR is terrible to fast forward and rewind. They do not offer the channels I like to watch in HD internet is slow, I could go on and on. I wish i could go and run the fiber optic cables for Verizon myself, so I could switch back.
Denisse C.
Denisse C.
Glendale
Gives awesome shows and Internet/wifi goes mega fast! I've had other providers for cable and wifi but never have they been this good. One thing I would change to give a perfect 5 stars would be their constant updates and power outages that they can't seem to contact us about. Other than that no complains at all!