BY CABLE ONE #8 in Cable Providers

Alaina Bernadine K.
Alaina Bernadine K.
Bisbee, AZ
Techie Expert
CableOne is one of the only options we have in our area for internet access, and given that we are so far away from most civilization we don't really get antenna signal so we really wanted to get cable TV to stay connected.  However, it is ridiculously expensive considering we don't watch that many different things and really wanted it mainly for local news, so we thought we'd stick with internet only and our Hulu/Netflix/Amazon subscriptions but they force you to move up to a higher data cap and much more expensive tier if you go over your quota for three months.  We'd received something in the mail to upgrade to that tier for free, so we called to do so before our three months were up, but were informed that they didn't know why we were sent that offer because we'd already gone over one month which made us ineligible. We recently moved and the process was somehow both super easy and super difficult (why no way to do it all online?), and was both helped by very friendly reps and very unfriendly reps who didn't seem to know how to handle the phone system resulting in me being hung up on after hours of waiting for help. They unfortunately moved our partial month bill from the move last month plus the next month bill to all being due on the same day in one month, so next week we have to fork over $250+ which will be hard as I have to pick up more of my Epilepsy meds that week but we both require the internet for work so we can't risk pushing it off and losing our access.  Still, not the worst ISP we've ever used or dealt with and the service is actually relatively reliable and fast.  I just wish their prices and data caps matched what other ISPs have, but when your choice is this, DSL, HughesNet, or trying to get a stable 4G signal a mile high along the Mexican Border, you take what you can get. :)
The service people that show up have always been really nice, too. Just may take a while to get someone out here in the mountains...
Casey T.
Casey T.
San Antonio, TX
Honestly Cable One is a total rip off. I used their cable and internet services for years and the price steadily went up. Then they started getting rid of basic cable channels so I switched to Uverse and I get double the channels for much much less money than Cable One was costing. Plus you get so many more features with uverse. I definitely do not recommend Cable One at all.
Jody H.
Jody H.
Grenada, MS
Very unhappy with this company lately. Not only did they change their plans without notifying me but they also changed MY package to the most expensive. Whenever I called they couldn't tell me how it happened or why. But now I have to pay a month's bill of a package that I didn't ask for before they will give me a package that I actually want.