MakeupPerfume & CologneFragrance for HerByredo
Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless

Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless

by Byredo

Byredo's Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum captures the essence of the Parisian infatuation with the African arts in the late 1920s, celebrating the unique and vibrant blend of two distinct cultures with its warm, romantic fragrance. Top notes: bergamot, lemon, neroli, African marigold, bucchu.Middle notes: violet, jasmin petals, cyclamen.Base notes: black amber, musk, vetiver, Moroccan cedarwood.1.7 oz/50ml

Is it worth it?
What does this smell like to you? Does it remind you of any other perfumes you’ve tried?
Anyone know a dupe?
Start your review of Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless!
Diana C.
Stamford, CT
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Diana C.
This was love at first smell. It is aromatic, citrusy, fresh, sweet and powdery. Very different than all my perfumes in my collection. On me it lasts all day and makes me feel fresh, clean and happy.
Kenia C.
Washington, DC
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Kenia C.
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Kenia C.
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Really fresh i love it but not one of my favorite. I prefer more Woody scents.
Really fresh i love it but not one of my favorite. I prefer more Woody scents.
Daneika C.
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Daneika C.
One of my favorite fragrances of all time. One of the most unique scents I’ve ever smelled. I always get complimented when I wear it bc it’s like nothing anyone has smelled before. I love the sleek bottle.
Connie C.
E Brunswick, NJ
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Connie C.
Purchased at: Space NK
Beautiful scent, not over powering and stays in your skin to have you smelling great all day.
Sophia C.
New York, New York
My all time favorite scent!! Very natural, subtle, and earthy but at the same time still feminine. Doesn’t last as long as others, but worth the sludge for special occasions!
Misha S.
This may be my favorite perfume ever, definitely at least top 3. It’s got a slight sweetness behind the spices that further adds to its coziness for me, and I could easily see this being a year round fragrance. It smells absolutely divine and brings lots of compliments ❤️ It’s also very long lasting! I do 1 close spritz on my wrist, then touch both wrists together, then to my neck, then touch my wrists to the front of my shirt — that one spray lasts all day. I have the travel spray right now & will definitely be purchasing a full size when I run out
Steph W.
Marietta, GA
Byredo Bal D'Afrique Eau De Parfum 50ml-Colorless uploaded by Steph W.
Purchased at: Space NK
Dance of the African Wind. A fantastic moment I’ve been grateful for all day. It’s not my birthday or anything, just wanted to treat myself! Byredo has the most beautiful, genius, and creative perfumes. Several months ago, I purchased a byredo sampler of scents but this, Bal D’Afrique, is amazing. This is hands down my favorite from this line. It goes on like a lemon amber, pineapples and transitions to a sensual woody note. Very easy to wear 24/7. Some claim this fragrance is unisex, which generally appeals to me greatly as I prefer more herbal/earthy fragrances. I find this to be very feminine, it is supposed to be a 20s Avant-garde homage.
abbey P.
This is so worth the money and I know that is saying a lot because of how expensive it is! This is the most beautiful and intriguing scent I’ve ever smelled and people constantly ask what you are wearing. It’s a little hard to find but seek it out and try it for yourself, it’s very long wearing too.
Keyonna R.
Columbus, GA
Strong, unique, and long lasting! I first heard about the house of Byredo when Gypsy Water came on the scene. So I must've sat at the counter at Neiman Marcus forever trying to decide between Gypsy Water and Bal D'Afrique. I went with Bal D'Afrique because it smells more unique and sexy. It reminds me of hot summer nights out on the beach. It begins with bergamot, African marigold, and bucchu (I'm not too familiar with this note). The middle notes include violet and cyclamen (another note I'm not too familiar with). Finally, it settles into this woody goodness of Moroccan cedarwood and vetiver - this is the note I fell in love with. This fragrance is long lasting and is unisex but don't let that scare you. Give it a try!
Geena M.
Seattle, WA
Definitely my signature scent and worth the high price (IMO). Has a sweet but complex scent that lasts all day (whereas some other perfumes I've used fade immediately).