BY BUXOM #75 in Mascara

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Transform lashes with this ultra-volumizing mascara. The vitamin-enriched, clump-resistant formula deepens, darkens, and thickens while the curvy, hourglass-shaped molded brush evenly coats lashes from root to tip.

Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, PVP, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sucrose Polystearate, Acrylates Coploymer, Stearic Acid, Tribehenin, Behenyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Triethanolamine, PEG-800, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hematite, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain +/-: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

How to use

To avoid dark, messy circles: apply mascara to the top side of lower lashes. Lashes are naturally thicker at roots, so apply mascara on tips first to thicken them. Sweep on mascara from root to tip to get them truly voluptuous. Brush on mascara in thin layers, applying as many coats as desired.

• Is this easy to come off?27 Answers
  • Does this mascara ever clump or get chunky?4 Answers
  • During the weekend I don't like to wear lashes.Will this ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This has to be my favorite mascara that I've ever used. I tried it from a sample and fell in love and went out and bought the full product. It doesn't clump for me and it makes my lashes full of volume and length. I love this mascara!" in 216 reviews
  • "This mascara will forever be my holy grail mascara. The wand is perfect for separating lashes, and easy to apply on bottom lashes as well. Not to mention my lashes look so long and thick after using this. Doesn't flake, and makes my lashes look like falsies!" in 120 reviews
  • "Very lengthening and volumizing and it doesn't clump at all! However, it is kinda pricey. A possible dupe can be Maybelline's Mega Plush. Both give the same effect. :)" in 102 reviews
  • "I love this mascara. It's been my go to for the last 2 years until I recently tried something new. It works wonderfully for voluminous lashes and doesn't clump. I wish it came in a waterproof option though. If it did, I wouldn't have switched products. " in 43 reviews
  • "Oh boy, does this make my lashes look longer and thicker! I'm so happy I got this in a sample bag from my local sephora. I love mascara and have tried most brands and have used two mascaras at a time to achieve longer and thicker lashes..but now all I need is two applications of buxom! I loveeeee this product! " in 42 reviews
Amanda G.
Today I will be reviewing Buxom’s lash mascara in the shade blackest black. I received this product complimentary from Buxom in exchange for my honest opinion. This mascara is advertised to be an ultra volumizing mascara. This mascara is formulated with vitamins and to be clump resistant. Additionally, this mascara is supposed to darken, deepen, and thicken lashes. The packaging for this product is relatively minimalistic featuring a thick black matte tube, a silver foil handle, and the Buxom logo is printed in the same silver foil as the handle of the mascara tube. The mascara wand is hourglass shaped and is supposed to ensure that the mascara is evenly applied without clumps. I am personally not a fan of this mascara wand. I find it to be too big and clumsy for applying mascara to inner corner lashes. Additionally, I found that this wand did not help to prevent small clumps at the ends of my lashes.The clumps that appear are very small and are in no way the worst that I’ve experienced. The mascara formula itself is thick and very dark. I find that this mascara does a nice job of lengthening my lashes and making them appear even darker than they already are. I did not however find that this mascara was particularly effective at adding volume to my lashes. Another dislike I have is that this mascara formula takes awhile to dry. If I accidentally touch my eyes while applying the rest of my makeup this product rubs off and leaves black smudges. I did find that this mascara does a nice job of not leaving my lashes feeling crunchy or dry and surprisingly lasts throughout the day without a need for reapplication. Overall, I find this be a nice mascara for lengthening and darkening my lashes but I don’t find it to be particularly volumizing and the formula clumps the ends of my lashes and takes forever to dry. I rate this mascara a 3.0/5.0.
Tiffany O.
New Braunfels, TX
I typically love Buxom products, but this was not up to par with other products I've used from them. First off considering it's a "volumizing" mascara it completely missed the mark. It give me length and I liked the super black look but my lashes kept clumping together at the tips. It took forever to dry and every time I blinked there went macara all over my eye lid and undereye. The brush reminded me of a plasticy version of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara brush, but for whatever reason, maybe it's bigger it was just hard to manuever around my inner and outer corner and forgot the bottom lashes. 1/2 way in to my day I had raccoon eyes from it smudging and running. Needless to say, there are other mascaras out there that do much better especially for $20.
Lior A.
Valley Village, CA
I have naturally long lashes that don't curl much on their own, so I'm always looking for mascara that curls and lifts. This one is pretty great for that! But downside, it can be a bit clumpy unless you make sure to wipe ALL the excess mascara off the brush before applying. I know this is something you're supposed to do for every mascara, but this one really needs it or your lashes will just be a big clumpy mess. It costs $20 at sephora, and I've never ran out before the 3 month expiration date.
Sarah L.
I bought this because of all the reviews on Sephora but for someone with long lashes I don’t see the rave?! It makes my lashes look like they just have tint on them. They don’t look longer or with any extra volume. It doesn’t suck but the few times I’ve used it I can’t see what the rave was all for. I will continue to give it a chance cuz I did read that it took a few times to get air in the bottle to actually make the product develop to its potential.
Laura F.
New Albany, IN
Love the comb/wand (whichever you refer to it as) on this mascara! It really amplifies the volume of my lashes and distributes the product evenly which is a must for me. The only complaint I have is the formula itself. I love the rich bold pigment however if you are prone to oily skin you may want to reconsider wearing this product in the summertime it definitely tends to streak and smudge underneath my eyes after a couple hours of wear.
Nadia Z.
Atlanta, GA
I received this mascara as a sample. One thing i like about it is it does not smudge and it doesn’t flake. The packaging is nice too. The reason i gave this 2 stars is because it didn’t give my lashes anything. No real length and definitely no volume. I had applied 3 coats of this mascara on each eye just for it to show up. 3 coats gave my eyes a ‘natural’ mascara look. I’m glad i got it as a sample because i won’t be repurchasing.
jennifer S.
Syracuse
This Buxom Lash Mascara really builds up, giving you such mega-volume and length that it looks like you could be wearing falsies!  In fact, I've been asked on more than one occasion if these are my real lashes -
THEY ARE!  I always tell them it's just this mascara and they are like
"I'm gonna get me some!"  LOL.

#42

By Buxom

4.5 (996 reviews)

4 varieties from $20.00

Erin N.
Bozeman, MT
I received this product in my Sephora Play Box (or Ipsy... I don’t remember honestly). Upon first look, I really love the sleek black packaging with silver accents and lid. The wand and applicator are AMAZING! I am really tired of these giant bushy applicators. I always end up nicking the inside corner of my eye when I’m trying to get my inner lashes. But this applicator is perfect for all angles. It also helps prevent clumping. I like the formula of this mascara. I haven’t had any issues with clumping or flaking off during the day.
Haley M.
Atlanta, GA
Holy grail product for me! I absolutely love this mascara, it separates and lengthens as well if not better than Benefits They're Real with out feeling like you have a weapon pointed at your eye! Plus its cruelty free! It will take something special for me to change from this product, I have not experienced ant flaking or smudging as some other reviewers reported.
James Z.
Marshfield
This is by far my favorite mascara I have used. It isn’t extremely lengthening, but it does lengthen the lashes so that they still look natural. Unlike many of the heavy volume mascaras, this one does not clump at all! The wand is pretty fine and made with rubber-like synthetic bristles. They apply the product very nicely and make it hard to poke the eye.
Claire R.
Is this easy to come off?
Claudia V.
El Centro, CA
Is this as good as "They are Real " from Benefit?
Jasmine G.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this actually make your lashes look bigger than they are? And if so, how long? Cause most of mascaras make my lashes look thick but not long.
Alaina A.
Blue Springs, MO
This has such a cute bottle! What makes this any better than drugstore mascara?
Lexi H.
Edmond, OK
Is this really worth the money? Seems kind of expensive for mascara

back