Grass fed beef delivered directly to your door. Guaranteed 100% grass fed and grass finished. Free of antibiotics, hormones, and GMOs. Order today! Our goal is to make 100% grass-fed beef more accessible than ever before. We are working with industry experts to provide you with the best products and a simple ordering system.

Each box comes with 7 - 10 lbs of meat, which is enough for at least 20 individual meals (at a 5 - 8oz portion size). The price works out to $6.50/meal.

100% Healthy

Our beef is exactly the way nature intended - 100% grass-fed and grass finished, antibiotic and hormone free, and never taken from feedlots - Just 100% healthy meat!

Free Shipping

We offer free 2 - 5 day delivery to the contiguous 48 states. The meat is flash frozen at the peak of freshness, packed with dry ice, and shipped directly to your door each month.

Exceptional Quality

The beef is sourced from a collection of small grass-fed farms. It’s of the utmost quality and tastes incredible. Our steak won a blind taste test cook off with the Today Show in 2015.

So, it appears that their idea of a helping of beef is about 4 ounces, and if one orders the "Beef Box", one gets to be surprised every month by what they receive. I cannot fathom anybody who is good at math basics doing business with this company. Am I correct?
Approximately how many meals in a week will this box make?
Has anyone tried Butcher Box, we are trying to decide if we want to try it?
Start your review of Butcher Box!
How would you rate this product?
 I am a new customer to butcher box and I have to say my initial experience has been horrible. I was so excited to try the service. As a chef, foodie, blogger and new mom your company offered a service of both convenience and quality that I was very excited about. I have been receiving a local produce box for over a year and really enjoy it. However butcherbox is able to offer more variety at a better price then my local Farmstand box. After I put in my order I was anxiously awaiting my first box. The tracking information said that it was out for delivery as of Thursday September 5th. I never received my box. On Monday September 9th I began a chat to try to figure out what was going on the customer service representative on the chat let me know that she had put in a request for more information and that was pretty much all that she was able to do at that time. If I wanted more information in real time I would have to call the customer service phone number. I went ahead and made the call to customer service first speaking with Alicia. Alicia informed me that she was seeing the same information that I was however it was my responsibility to contact the shipping company to get any more information. She told me that she would put in another order for a box. She told me the order going in on Monday the 9th would be processed and sent out on Tuesday the 10th and that I would receive my box by Saturday the 14th. I was concerned about the transit time and also just really upset that I didn't receive my box and that no one was able to tell me why. I was concerned that since there was an issue that was unresolved with the first box that we might run into the same issue with the second box. Since the customer service representative informed me that she was unable to contact the shipping company for me I asked to speak to a supervisor. She then told me that I would not be able to speak to a supervisor directly that I would have to wait for a supervisor to call me back considering that this was my first order and then I was not able to speak to a supervisor nor would they be willing to contact the shipping company to figure out what happened and ensure that I wasn't going to get a box of rotten meat delivered to my door or that I would receive the box that I had paid for I then told her I wanted to cancel my membership all together. At which point she told me she could put in a request to cancel my membership but I could not cancel my membership at that time despite everything that I had read on your website about being able to cancel at anytime.At this point I had paid nearly $300 for a surface that had not been fulfilled I was then asked to do the legwork to figure out why it had not been fulfilled and when I asked to speak to a supervisor because I found that to be ridiculous I was told that I wasn't even allowed to speak to a supervisor despite being a paying member. It seems crazy to me that your customer service policy would rather lose a customer and then allow that customer to speak to a supervisor. I understand that you are probably trying to allow the situation to deescalate itself I having the supervisor call back later but in this case it did the exact opposite. This showed me that you do not value your customers. You would rather lose a customer then provide them with customer service that they are requesting in real time. I thought perhaps this specific customer service representative did not want to put me through to a supervisor so after she disconnected our phone call telling me that she was unable to help me further I went ahead and called back inspect to Jeremy. He assured me that this is in fact your policy and that even if you are going to lose a paying customer they have been instructed to adhere to this policy and not allow a customer to speak to a supervisor or anyone else further up the chain. Furthermore he confirmed that your customer service Representatives only have one phone line and are not able to make outbound phone calls to help a customer track a shipment with the shipping company. Even though these are time-sensitive shipments and you would think that issues should be able to be rectified quickly and efficiently it doesn't seem your customer service Representatives even have that ability. I don't want anyone to get in trouble or anything. I really just thought that the customer service was the worst experience that I have ever had as a consumer. I am hoping that by reaching out to you there can be some change in policy. So that customers can feel like there is somebody behind the service that they have purchased that is there to help them and that is the first person that they contact on the phone is not able to help them that they can find somebody within your company that can help them on their time when it's convenient for your customer not when it's convenient for your company. I am hoping that this reaches somebody other than the customer service Representatives that I am able to reach through a chat or phone call since they seem to have their hands tied and are unable to provide butcherbox customers with information about their shipment that customers are not able to see themselves online or even able to escalate a phone call in real time to a supervisor. I believe that customer service can make or break a company. There is so much competition out there it is really the one thing that can set you apart.This was just really a bad way to start a new membership with a company. I totally understand that things happen that are out of the control of butcher box. But I feel like there was a lack of integrity in the way that that was handled and you only get one chance to make a first impression.

We cancelled our subscription on November 10th. Today i get home and there is a box on my front porch. We cancelled our subscription because the amount of meat is not worth $270.

I called in the could not find my account by email, yet they were sending me emails. I dont check my emails often. They reviewed things called me back and said my subscription was put on pause not canceled. With it being paused it automatically sends a box out 6 months after being paused. Ok ill take it maybe it was my fault even though to pause or cancel a subscription are located in the same place.

After i got off the phone i realised the dates did not match up. So i called back and explained i should have recieved a box in may then.  They said they review some more.

They called back and told me because my box was set up for every other month that my next billing date would have been January 10th so its 6 months from that. My rebuttal was it does not state that on their website. It does not state that it will automatically restart in 6 months from billing date. I was told im sorry there's nothing i can do about it.

However if all of this is true shouldnt customer service know that it was paused without having to review it with a team and call me back? Shouldn't their website state in 6 months from next billing date? Im not really sure how their math works, but where i come from 6 months is 6 months.

Now i have an over priced box and no where to put it because we had gone to the butcher this morning before receiving this box.

Butcher Box uploaded by member-c63a01
Received a box that had a few spots of blood in it. The meat was pretty frozen and I couldn't see a tear or leak in any of the packaging. I thought that they may have come during packaging since I couldn't see any obvious breaks. I placed all items in the freezer. The other day I retrieved the 2 pack of ground beef from the freezer and noticed that one of them had an off color. Placed them in the fridge to defrost and in the AM found the discolored pack brown leaking old blood brown blood.

Called Butcher Box and was told that "sometimes when it's too frozen it causes shards (she ment tears) if it's overly frozen.
Representative offered to replace it and the next Box, however, when I said that I will not be re ordering I was that they will not stand by their product.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor, the immediate response was "no one is available" without ever checking.

Very disappointed with both the product and the company.

Very disappointed with both the product and the company.

Terrible experience- Lack of customer service and care.

I had the first box came and thought hey this is cool, but honestly the thing I liked was the free add ons. The meat itself was TINY. and not sealed as other reviews mention. I went to defrost meat in a water bath and oh hey, the meat is now full of water, yuck.

But when it came time for my second box the price seemed high and duh tiny meat, so I went online to cancel.. oh what's that... YOU CAN'T? ha ha. fun. You have to call. I thought well that's too much for right now, I'll just push my Feb box back, and then in April I pushed again to June. So now it's June, and unlike April, I did not get an email about the box and obviously I forgot about it like a human with a life. Today I get the email my box has been billed. WHAT? I call customer service and they just don't care. They stand behind their Ts&Cs and just don't listen. The answer to every question I had was basically tough luck lady. I ask them to cancel my account and the JUMPED on the opportunity to do that, "That I CAN do!" and then I asked for a supervisor to call.  And I'm so glad I did, what a robot of a person. Trained to talk fast and GIVE NO CARE. I give her credit, she has a tough job as evidenced by these reviews this happens constantly. She said my pre-billing email went, but when I asked for a copy, she said, our system shows it sent. But she couldn't supply it to me? cool. great. lies. But even if it was true, here's the real bummer, if this customer service interaction would have gone differently, like hey, we're sorry this happened, here's what we can do. and then literally ANY wiggle, they wouldn't have lost a customer. They don't have the customer's back. Their hard nosed approach to no bs customer service "your order is one of hundreds on a pallet somewhere there's nothing I can do" good great, I'm not important too! amazing! Somehow much larger outfits like amazon manage to make people feel like it's ok and changes can be made, but not BB. I can't wait for my random box of meat to arrive while I am out of town and unable to pick it up.
Terrible experience- Lack of customer service and care.

Butcher box Just can't get it right. The only reason for one star is because I can't give zero stars. They've sent me orders that I have not ordered. They have sent and billed me for double orders that I have not placed and have the gall to deny a refund for the items I did not order. And when I called for the refund the answer was just "no we won't refund that" So basically they can send what the want and charge what they want. This place is a scam, they're good for 2 months and then the shady stuff begins. The next letter I write will be to the BBB. Companies like this should be closed down. They have terrible customer service and are thieves.  For those of you who have the same problem as us. Please feel free to join us on our I hate Butcher Box Facebook page.  I hope they put the $179 they stole from us to good use.
Columbus, GA
I have enjoyed ordering my meat from here..exspecially during the pandemic. They have different package deals you can get with grass fed beef, premium pork and gourmet chicken breast for great prices. Good quality and affordable. The shipping is free and it always comes fresh. The New York strips are my favorite! You can get it customized and pick your own products or you can get a surprise box. I love having cookouts and this helps me relax and have a good time and I enjoy it. Convenient! Easy! I will purchase again and I recommend trying it.
Las Vegas, NV
We love Butcher Box so much. Every month we get our box and that is the only meat we use, saving us countless trips to the grocery store.
Gettysburg
I received my meat a day after it said it was supposed to arrive and there was no dry ice left. Half of the meat was thawed and the packaging was not up to the job.  The reusable bag it all came in was ripped and it was not insulated well enough.
Chattanooga, TN
Butcher Box uploaded by Tabatha H.
I absolutely love the products and quality of Butcher Box ; however, after two deliveries of the products I had to stop my subscription because of the packaging. My food was being ruined by the lack of quality of the plastic they use to seal the meat. The meat is vacuum sealed in plastic that is to thin to withstand the freeze dry process and normal refrigeration. My products ended up with dry ice burn, the plastic had holes and cuts appear all on them that left my food burned and dried out and exposed to the air before I had an opportunity to unbox or eat. If this company changes their product packaging to better quality so that the food is not exposed or ruined, I would definitely give this five stars and go back to ordering, because the quality of the meat is fantastic and you can tell in the taste it is grassfed beef.
Save your money!

They start out good on your first order and get progressively worse. They sent me an email to add 2lbs of ground meat for only five dollars but they charged me ten dollars more. On top of that after ordering the extra two pounds for ten dollars more I received only nine pounds of meat for $139 and four pounds was ground meat! So they charged more for the same amount of meat and the cuts were mostly low end cuts. Cancelled my subscription.
Save your money!

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Marietta, OH
il y a 10 mois
Has anyone tried Butcher Box, we are trying to decide if we want to try it?
member-09c7b il y a 3 mois
AVOID. Horrendous customer service. Pay $130 for literally $50 worth of bad choice meat. You get locked in because they won't cancel your subscription and keep sending pounds and pounds of ground beef that somehow constitutes "premium" but not good cuts of meat. There is virtually no way to deal with them.
Montpelier
il y a 2 ans
Candace L. il y a un an
Contact them directly on their website