BY BUSY

Three layers for Long Lasting Fun! No Artificial Colors of Flavors Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein .......14% Crude Fat .............1.0% Crude Fiber .........1.5% Moisture ..............15.0% Petent Pending Ask Purina at purina.com or call 800-7purina M-F 7am-7pm CT see more...

• How messy are these when the dogs eat them? I just imagin...4 Answers
Chelsie L.
I think my dogs have tried alll the Busy Bones, but I love these for them the most. I feel like it's healthier, I mean it's granola & it takes them a little longer to chew it up so they're not just gnawing on the thing & eatin it up so quickly. They love them & that makes me happy!
Mattea P.
Clovis, NM
My chihuahua loves these! They are kind of big for her but it makes them last longer. I like that it is better for her with oats instead of pig ear or rawhide that she could choke on. I do recommend I can’t see any dog not liking them.
Ashley H.
im not sure why they love these also ! its sticky and full of messy grains, but their reaction is well worth the mess i have to clean , if my dog could eat these every day she would ! i love these , though they may not be "healthy" they still love every second !
Candace L.
Sand Springs, OK
My dogs loved the bones but as an owner I wasn't super enthused with the mess. When my dogs chewed them the "granola" crumbled everywhere and the outer coating on the bone became sticky and left a residue on my carpet or wherever my dogs chose to chew them.
Bryanna I.
Roseville, MI
My dogs absolute favorite treats! Pretty inexpensive for the quality and the fact that she stays busy for 20 or so minutes! The only down side to the chewnola is they are super sticky and can get all over a bed or couch or wherever they decide to chew. Other then that they are great!
Marie S.
Tampa, FL
These treats truly keep your dog "busy"! I wanted to find a good rawhide alternative that I could give to my pets a few times a week. Almost everything we tried, they would go through in less than ten minutes. I was really surprised that a Purina "Chewnola" bone would last as long as it does. It looks and smells like a human granola bar. My littlest one, Jasmine, (dachshund boxer) and Bandit (pit mix) can take up to 30 minutes to finish one chewnola. My American Bulldog, however, still gulps it down in 5-10, but he is a heavy chewer. They really like the taste of it and I like that if I am having guests over, I can give my pups this to keep them occupied. It also helps clean their teeth and freshen their breath. What I don't like is that the ingredients aren't that beneficial. They're basically just fillers. Since it's just a snack, I don't mind it every once in a while, but it would be nice to provide them a healthier alternative if possible. I definitely recommend it for your average dog, with no allergies. It does contain grains so be sure to avoid this if your pet is on a grain-free diet!
Stephanie J.
Portland, OR
I started giving these to my older dog first (obviously). He actually knows to perk up when I say "Chewnola". And because he loves them so much, I've started treating my newest dog with them as well. I find them to be on the spendier side since I have two dogs and it doesn't last all that long... But both of my dogs are large breed guys (a German Shepherd and a Black Lab), so the fact that it occupies them for 20 minutes or so (longer, probably) is really nice. The main downside is that it's messy... If you see a little clump of slobbery oats on the floor, it's from the Chewnola. For the most part, my dogs will actually sniff and lick around the floor after they finish their treats so there aren't usually those bits left behind... But there will be wet spots in place of that. And I'll occasionally find oats stuck to my dogs' paws after eating these too... But my boys love them so much that the occasional mess doesn't bother me too much.
Liz H.
My dog still has to get at these things. She has buried both Chewnolas under her toys and blanket. It's what she does when she wants to save something for later. Unfortunately, she does this and it takes her months to even give these things attention. She did chew a little bit of the ends for about 5 minutes before burying it to be forgotten for months. Still, I think she likes them. It's what she does when she likes something boney or chewy.
Megan C.
Charleston, SC
I'm pretty sure this is my dog's favorite kind of bone. She's not really picky and has a TON of bones, but when she gets these she devours them. First she eats all the granola off, then she goes on to destroy the bone for days. It does leave a crumb mess on the floor, but most of the time my dog does a good job at licking it up, because she loves the granola. It also has a funky smell once they start chewing it, but she loves it!
Kayla J.
Picayune, MS
My pup loves these bones! My only complaint is how messy they are. Literally every time he eats one I have to wash whatever he was laying on when he gets done because it will be covered in a sticky residue from the bone. Whenever it's been licked or chewed on it becomes sticky and transfers onto everything.
Amy W.
TEMECULA, CA
How messy are these when the dogs eat them? I just imagine granola all over the place!