Add a Photo

By Burt's Bees

#1 in Lip Care

Burt s bees beeswax lip balm is the original, 100% natural lip conditioner that has been soothing dry, lips since 1991. Beeswax and antioxidant vitamin e condition skin, for a soothing lip treatment. A final hint of peppermint oil provides a refreshing tingle. The result is a smooth, supple smile everyone will be buzzing about. Spread on a little tlc with moisturizing lip balm.

Photos (390)
Amy L.
Amy L.

This Lip Balm came to my rescue a few years back when my lips were sore and cracked - I'd lost my usual and then favorite, so this was a purchase on a whim and I've never looked back.

The Lip Balm itself is in the standard tube (twisting the bottom reveals the product). No sticking dirty fingers into pots... and we all know as soon as you get a lip balm out, everyone you're with suddenly realises they have dry lips! I often have this in my pocket, my handbag - even one that stays in my car so I can top up when the Heating/ Air Con is on.

Depending on the season there is always a place for Burt and his Bee's. During the colder months my lips typically suffer but this product has put an end to that. The Vitamin E helps to soothe lips as the Beeswax conditions and protects against the elements. Whilst it repairs my dry and damaged smile I'm left with beautiful, hydrated and dare I say kissable lips!

Everyday this finds it's way into my hands. Using this as a primer for Lipstick should be the law. Your lips will be smooth and moisturised - meaning a flawless application of your chosen colour and an increase in the staying power of your Lipstick/ Gloss. This balm also boasts added Peppermint Oil to refresh your lips but also add a little fullness - and we're all after a nice pout.

At the mention of Peppermint Oil, there is no nasty taste to this! Hallelujah! Whilst I love fruity/ citrus flavored balms, eating and drinking can be a bit irritating when everything tastes a bit like raspberry smoothie. You will experience a slight tingling when you apply this, but it isn't uncomfortable.

It isn't sticky like a Vaseline so rather than a 'glossy look' your lips are just left looking hydrated and healthy. Perfect for a 'no make-up' make-up look... And long haired beauties rejoice - You won't find your hair getting stuck to your lips!

Please be aware you will also find the men in your life reaching for this! I purchased one for my BBF (Boy Best Friend) and my Brother so they would stop using mine - they are converts too, as well as all of my girlfriends who got this in their Christmas Stocking!

My love for this Lip Balm has no end, and I will continue to sing it's praises. To add further to my appreciation of this product - it's 100% natural and not tested on animals... Now that has to feel good.

Thank you Burt's Bees!

TIP: Treat your kiss by applying this after exfoliating your lips before bedtime. Rather than an expensive Lip Scrub you can use a soft toothbrush to remove the dead layer of skin that's keeping your pout from perfection.

Alternatively you can also find oodles of recipes for a Homemade Lip Scrub online - my favorite is a combination of Honey, Sweet Almond Oil and Granulated Sugar.

Mwah ♡

Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.
Zapata, TX

I feel no shame in posting a picture of this beat up chap-stick of mine because I love this product so much, that is literally all I have left of it. First time using it I felt and noticed the difference immediately it moisturized my lips quickly, left them soft, even toned, and just healthy! It has a very nice fragrance but it doesn't bother you at all, if anything you'd wish to smell it more. The price is what scares a lot of people from Burt's Bees in general, but this one is well worth it and something you will not regret buying, I KNOW I will repurchase this product and learning now, that its available in a double pack excites me even more honestly. You can use it in a skin care routine, or by itself (it'll make you that kind of lip confident), OR to be specific, I love using it before (priming) and during the process of applying your make up, because your lips will look and feel gorgeous when you're wearing a matte liquid lip!!!
Cailee M.
Cailee M.
USA

This and Smith's are the only lip balm brands I go back to. This is refreshing and cooling on the lips, so it's perfect for me for hot summer days. It just gives that perfect burst when my lips are feeling dehydrated. Doesn't sting my lips at all, and my lips are very sensitive to that sort of thing. It just gives them a slight tingle. I even apply this UNDER any other lip balm that has SPF, when I need it.

The ONLY problem I have with this is that it has a matte finish, so it's not a good base for lipstick. I find that if I apply a glossy, balmy lipstick on top of this, this completely cancels out that shine, and makes any lipstick look dry and 'off.' I like the waxiness of it, although I do wish it was just a bit more moisturizing. Other than that, this is the ONLY lip balm I've found that keeps the chapped, dry, wind burnt lips at bay, and my lips are EXTREMELY picky about what products go on them.
Carolyn C.
Carolyn C.
San jose, CA

I've tried many of Burt's lip products over the years & have to say this is one of my favorites. The color (Red Dhalia) is lighter than you'd expect compared to the color shown on the tube. It adds a very nice subtle hint of color without any sparkles like their line of mica balms in the skinny tubes. A hint of color is exactly what I want, along with moisturizing so this turned out to be just about perfect. For the past two years or so my go to brand has been Alba Botanica Terratints, Bloom Lip Balm. This goes on thicker than Burt's so it lasts longer, has a teeny bit of sparkle, & has SPF. Burt's does not have any SPF. For winter, I'll be wearing this from now on because I really like the color, but for the summer, I'm sticking with Alba in Bloom. Alba is also much cheaper than Burt's. As of this review Burt's is at around $5 per tube. Alba is around $3 per tube. Overall they are both great lip balms.
Nicolette L.
Nicolette L.
Ewing, NJ

I cannot live without this stuff! I keep a tube in my purse, one in my clutch INSIDE OF MY PURSE (ya know, in case you need to just take that!), one in my office, and one in my nightstand. This is about as standard as lip balm comes. I love the minty smell and tingle it leaves on my lips, and I adore the fact that it's not medicated smelling. My least favorite thing about Chapstick brand is that it smells medicinal and leaves my lips feeling drier than before. Burt is my main main, and I recommend him to everyone.

The mission of this company is important and the more all natural products we can get into the hands of consumers, the better. Check out their website for more information. You can learn about the other products made by Burt's Bees and get some information on their mission and goals. Save the bees!
gabrielle s.
gabrielle s.

Melhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testeiMelhor produto que ja testei, ,muito bom! recommendo a todos! concerteza melhor produto que ja testei
Amber S.
Amber S.

Burt's Bees got really popular when I was in high school 10 years ago, I've been using it on and off since. It is a pricier brand, so I'd only buy if it were on sale. Now it's the only one I buy. Use to be an avid eos buyer (even as far as going to Sam's to buy in bulk because chapstickshe are so easily misplaced). However that brand started to leave a yucky dry and peeling layer on my lips, and adding more chapstick would only make it look worse. I bought a Burt's chapstick at the counter at work one day and I haven't looked back since. I get super dry lips in the winter. In fact they change a complete different color in the winter, and this is the first winter in years they've remained the same thanks to Burt's. This is now the only brand my significant other uses as well.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA

I am addicted to Chapstick and always have to be one with me. This is my go to Chapstick and always will be. It leaves your lips feeling so amazing throughout the day and night or whenever you apply it. I find that the minty scent/flavor is very soothing and really works to repair your dry lips. I am someone with chronic dry lips to the point where I can yawn and the corners of my mouth will crack. Ever since I have picked this particular Burt's bees lip balm I haven't had this issue at all. I put it on before I go to bed, when I wake up and a couple times throughout the day and my lips feel incredible. I also have found that when your breath isn't the greatest, the helps mask the smell if you don't have a toothbrush or gum handy.
Cassie D.
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ

My MVP product is absolutely hands down, my Burt Bee’s chap stick!! Although I have switch back and forth from EOS and Burt Bee’s, it seems that I turn to Burt Bee’s because it’s convenient, I like the way it feels, and it’s all natural. It’s great for moisturizing your lips and keeping them soft and hydrated. It doesn’t dry out your lips either. It glides on smoothly and isn’t oily or greasy on your lips. I have one in every room of the house, because I have to have it within reach. I have one in my purse, my back up handbag, gym bag, etc. pretty much don’t go anywhere without it. I feel bad for my poor husband, because if I’m not carrying a purse when we go out at night, I’ll make him pocket it so I can easily have it on hand.
L H.
L H.

I had a pack of these pomegranate balms about five years ago and not only did they smooth on softer than butter, but it was the incredible smell that kept bringing me back.
I recently finally bought one again and the beautiful, natural scent is still there but unfortunately the formula is a little thicker and more waxy than I remember, and the super-smoothness was the thing (besides the scent) that truly set it apart from other lip balms to me.
Overall, I still truly love it, but I wish it hadn't changed.
I have not noticed a difference in my lips so far (only been about a week and I use a LOT of drying lipsticks) but my lips were damaged beyond REPAIR. 😭😭😭 So I will give it a break on that count 😁
Christy N.
Christy N.
Campbell, CA

Is this lip balm price a good deal?
Pavan S.
Pavan S.
phoenix, AZ

Which Burt's Bees chapstick is your favorite? I like the passion flavor.
Yolanda L.
Yolanda L.
La Puente, CA

Is it worth buying?
brionna g.
brionna g.

Is Burt's Bees Lip Balm Worth The Price?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Columbia, MO

Which is better, Burt's or chapstick?

Join Now