Add a Photo

By BURT'S BEES
#1 in Lip Care

The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about.

Photos (581)
Taniyra R.
Taniyra R.
Charlotte, NC

As someone who used to be addicted to Blistex, it was a difficult addiction to cure. I was able to find a very happy place with Burt's Bees original lip balm. I'm no longer frantic about keeping this in my pocket, it moisturizes exceptionally well, and even though I ALWAYS have some nearby, it works so well I don't NEED it on hand.Can't rate this product highly enough. Also, if you haven't yet, head over to Netflix and watch the documentary on the founder/owner of Burt's Bees. You'll be surprised at how AWESOME this guy is.I remember being turned onto this stuff by my brother who has a slight allergy to petroleum products and had to find an alternative to the staple lip balms. I used to think Burt's Bees was a gimmick or something hipsters (or people who don't know what they're buying but buy it anyway because someone said it was cool) would use, and while they might, they're still using a superior product with the best ingredients.I'm not into the whole "natural" gimmick, it's a fad and it'll pass. But in this case, bees wax SHOULD be natural, and it is. Buy this. All of this. And you'll never be found wanting again. I promise.This Lip Balm came to my rescue a few years back when my lips were sore and cracked - I'd lost my usual and then favorite, so this was a purchase on a whim and I've never looked back. The Lip Balm itself is in the standard tube (twisting the bottom reveals the product). No sticking dirty fingers into pots... and we all know as soon as you get a lip balm out, everyone you're with suddenly realises they have dry lips! I often have this in my pocket, my handbag - even one that stays in my car so I can top up when the Heating/ Air Con is on. Depending on the season there is always a place for Burt and his Bee's. During the colder months my lips typically suffer but this product has put an end to that. The Vitamin E helps to soothe lips as the Beeswax conditions and protects against the elements. Whilst it repairs my dry and damaged smile I'm left with beautiful, hydrated and dare I say kissable lips! Everyday this finds it's way into my hands. Using this as a primer for Lipstick should be the law. Your lips will be smooth and moisturised - meaning a flawless application of your chosen colour and an increase in the staying power of your Lipstick/ Gloss. This balm also boasts added Peppermint Oil to refresh your lips but also add a little fullness - and we're all after a nice pout.At the mention of Peppermint Oil, there is no nasty taste to this! Hallelujah! Whilst I love fruity/ citrus flavored balms, eating and drinking can be a bit irritating when everything tastes a bit like raspberry smoothie. You will experience a slight tingling when you apply this, but it isn't uncomfortable.It isn't sticky like a Vaseline so rather than a 'glossy look' your lips are just left looking hydrated and healthy. Perfect for a 'no make-up' make-up look... And long haired beauties rejoice - You won't find your hair getting stuck to your lips!Please be aware you will also find the men in your life reaching for this! I purchased one for my BBF (Boy Best Friend) and my Brother so they would stop using mine - they are converts too, as well as all of my girlfriends who got this in their Christmas Stocking!My love for this Lip Balm has no end, and I will continue to sing it's praises. To add further to my appreciation of this product - it's 100% natural and not tested on animals... Now that has to feel good.
Amy L.
Amy L.

Thank you Burt's Bees!

TIP: Treat your kiss by applying this after exfoliating your lips before bedtime. Rather than an expensive Lip Scrub you can use a soft toothbrush to remove the dead layer of skin that's keeping your pout from perfection.

Alternatively you can also find oodles of recipes for a Homemade Lip Scrub online - my favorite is a combination of Honey, Sweet Almond Oil and Granulated Sugar.

Mwah ♡

Grace B.
Grace B.
West Midlands

A few years back I had really bad lips so I was looking for a new lip balm because I was using a nivia one at the time and it wasn't doing nothing for me so I chose a burt's bees one and have been using them since.
These lip balms are 100% natural.
The lip balm is loaded with coconut and sunflower oils, rich in vitamins and essential fatty acid to soften and nourish lips.
The bees wax seals in hydration and the peppermint oil adds a refreshing tingle.
I don't think there is much of a smell to it so if you don't like products with a smell to it this is great for you.
This has given me fantastic results and if you wear matte lipstick it is great to wear after you have taken it off because it moisturises your lips so much.
It isn't stick and it doesn't look glossy in the lips it just leaves them healthy and hydrated.
Like other lip balms this doesn't have a taste so it is perfect for every day use and when you are eating.
It also come in a standard tube so it is easy to apply.
Jo W.
Jo W.
Philadelphia, PA

This used to be my holy grail chapstick. I loved the tingly feeling it left on your lips after application. It felt like it was really penetrating to the deepest levels of your lips and helping to exfoliate dead skin. I used it for a few years, and then I suddenly started getting really dry and irritated around my mouth. This became increasingly worse for a few weeks until it looked like I was a 5 year old with Koolaid all over my face. It was super embarrassing, and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out was going on. I started eliminating products I was using, until I finally had it narrowed down to my Burt's Bees chapstick! As soon as I stopped using it, the redness and irritation started to subside slowly but surely. I don't know if this was maybe a fluke or if they changed their formula or if I suddenly became allergic to some ingredient. It was a very odd situation, and I've been too scared of getting the same reaction to try them ever again.
Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.
Zapata, TX

I feel no shame in posting a picture of this beat up chap-stick of mine because I love this product so much, that is literally all I have left of it. First time using it I felt and noticed the difference immediately it moisturized my lips quickly, left them soft, even toned, and just healthy! It has a very nice fragrance but it doesn't bother you at all, if anything you'd wish to smell it more. The price is what scares a lot of people from Burt's Bees in general, but this one is well worth it and something you will not regret buying, I KNOW I will repurchase this product and learning now, that its available in a double pack excites me even more honestly. You can use it in a skin care routine, or by itself (it'll make you that kind of lip confident), OR to be specific, I love using it before (priming) and during the process of applying your make up, because your lips will look and feel gorgeous when you're wearing a matte liquid lip!!!
Mimi N.
Mimi N.

Kim M.
Kim M.

I have discovered the hard way that this lip balm is definitely not for me. I tried this balm initially about 4 years ago in an attempt to try new products that were more natural, but this burned my lips. It started out as a tingle and turned into a burn that would not go away even after I wiped it off. About two years ago I kissed someone that was wearing this and had a full on allergic reaction. After about half an hour I had giant lips that looked like I had botched lip injections and a sunburn and my lips felt numb. I scrubbed this off and decided I would never come in contact with their lip products again. I thought at the time the ingredient coumarin was to blame as it is found in apricot seeds and I'm allergic to apricot, but I have since realized I use multiple face and body products with it included and I have no reaction. I am also not allergic to bees and have never had this kind of a reaction to lip balm before.
Gaby L.
Gaby L.

I don't believe anyone could go wrong with Burt's Bees. I can easily say that this product has been, not only a staple of my makeup bag but, a must have item in my general, day to day life.

Essentially, I'm a person with extremely dry skin and that doesn't stop at the lips. I struggle to find lip balms that actually do work for me and don't just dry out my lips in the long run. Burt's Bees is a godsend. After applying this product I find that my lips will stay dry for the entire day - it's rare that I find myself reapplying - and I absolutely love the sensation on the lips once applied. The minty tingle definitely adds a nice novelty to the simple act of applying lip balm. Not to mention, it's a nice feeling!

I absolutely could not fault Burt's Bees, even if I wanted to. If you don't currently have this in your makeup bad and you suffer from chapped lips, I suggest you pop to your nearest drug store and pick one up.
Cailee M.
Cailee M.
Cincinnati, OH

This and Smith's are the only lip balm brands I go back to. This is refreshing and cooling on the lips, so it's perfect for me for hot summer days. It just gives that perfect burst when my lips are feeling dehydrated. Doesn't sting my lips at all, and my lips are very sensitive to that sort of thing. It just gives them a slight tingle. I even apply this UNDER any other lip balm that has SPF, when I need it.

The ONLY problem I have with this is that it has a matte finish, so it's not a good base for lipstick. I find that if I apply a glossy, balmy lipstick on top of this, this completely cancels out that shine, and makes any lipstick look dry and 'off.' I like the waxiness of it, although I do wish it was just a bit more moisturizing. Other than that, this is the ONLY lip balm I've found that keeps the chapped, dry, wind burnt lips at bay, and my lips are EXTREMELY picky about what products go on them.
niskarly b.
niskarly b.
MIAMI, FLORIDA

No puedo vivir sin estas cosas! Guardo un tubo en mi bolsa, una en mi embrague DENTRO mi bolso (ya se sabe, en caso de que necesite tomar sólo eso!), Uno en mi oficina, y uno en mi mesita de noche. Este es el más estándar que viene bálsamo para los labios. Me encanta el olor de la menta y del escozor que deja en los labios, y me encanta el hecho de que no es medicado con olor. Lo que más me gusta de la marca Chapstick inconveniente es que huele medicinal y deja los labios sienten más seco que antes. Burt es mi principal director, y se lo recomiendo a todo el mundo.

La misión de esta empresa es importante y el más todos los productos naturales que podemos conseguir en las manos de los consumidores, mejor. Mira su página web para más información. Usted puede aprender sobre los otros productos hechos por las abejas de Burt y obtener alguna información acerca de su misión y objetivos. Ahorre las abejas!
Christy N.
Christy N.
Campbell, CA

Is this lip balm price a good deal?
Pavan S.
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ

Which Burt's Bees chapstick is your favorite? I like the passion flavor.
Yolanda L.
Yolanda L.
La Puente, CA

Is it worth buying?
brionna g.
brionna g.

Is Burt's Bees Lip Balm Worth The Price?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
columbia, mo

Which is better, Burt's or chapstick?

Join Now