Burt's Bees  Hand Salve

Burt's Bees Hand Salve

BY BURT'S BEES

If you have rough, dry hands, burt s bees hand salve knows how to handle it. Brimming with botanical oils, herbs and beeswax, this classic hand salve offers your hard-working skin the hydration it craves. With its refreshing herbal scent, it s perfect for both men and women. This tin of 100% natural moisturizer gives youâ salvation from rough, dry skin. Put the power of nature to work for your skin with burt s bees. see more...

• Does it have a greasy/oily afterfeel?1 Answers
  • Do you prefer this over other brands? 2 Answers
  • From the pictures, it looks similar to Vaseline. Does it have the...1 Answers
Burt's Bees  Hand Salve
Burt's Bees Hand Salve
  • "I have really dry hands to the point of them cracking and bleeding, this stuff is amazing and helps with my dry hands problem! " in 23 reviews
  • "One you'll have to reapply throughout the day so you should invest in a heavy lotion/butter instead (if you have dry to super dry skin). " in 21 reviews
  • "My hands get really dry and the skin on my my knuckles sometimes cracks, but this salve does an amazing job of preventing that." in 13 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way definitely something good to have on hand ; P" in 13 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way so worth the price and I like the container " in 11 reviews
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
Minneapolis, MN
This is the most lifesaving product I have every found. It is seriously a miracle worker and I don't know how I survived the winters without it. I live in Minnesota, where it gets really, really cold and really, really dry in the winter. Not so great for your skin. My hands used to get so chapped, crack, and split open, especially around my fingers and knuckles. Not fun! However now I slather this on at night, and it seriously repairs any splits or cracks overnight. Word of caution, it is a salve so it is quite thick and greasy, but it will all soak in while you sleep. Maybe not the best for daytime use though. I've had the 3 oz tin for a while now and haven't even gone halfway through it, so you don't need to put much on. Also, the smell is very herbal, but I find it quite a relaxing scent and I think it even helps me sleep!
Shannon R.
Shannon R.
During the Winter months my hands can become extremely dry, to where even Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Hand Cream is quite enough, and that's when I'll reach for their Hand Salve. It does apply oily but will absorb and can help so much if you have dry, cracking and/or patchy skin. The scent is very light, ointment-y but you do get hints of lavender and rosemary.
At times I'll even use a combination of the two simply because it feels so nice and is like a deep moisturizing treatment for my hands; starting with the salve on the tops of my hands and than the hand cream rubbed over both hands - it's lovely.
Not tested on animals which is something I look for in a product/company. It's certainly a product I'll continue purchasing, and do recommend.
Mariah R.
Mariah R.
Eden Prairie, MN
Wellness Guru Expert
This stuff works wonders for dry/chapped hands. During the winter, my hands can get so dry that they bleed, but this stuff repairs them quickly. I have to say that I personally hate when my hands feel greasy, so I have to be extremely careful with this product because my hands can get greasy fast. I think the best way to use this product is to put it on before bed and put a glove or sock around your hands/feet. You'll wake up with extremely moisturized skin! (I do have to wash my hands right away in the morning - just a heads up). I really like the smell of this, and you get so much product! I don't think I'll get through one of these in my lifetime.
Kaitlin T.
Kaitlin T.
fort thomas, KY
The only reason I'm giving this 3 stars is because of the smell! I absolutely could not stand it. I bought this product once just to try out BC I have always loved all of the Burt's Bees products & it works really well! When you first apply it, it goes on really greasy so you probably shouldn't use large quantities at a time. Keeps your hands moisturized; I even used it on my boyfriends callused work hands and it almost automatically started to soften up the hardened cracked skin! Definitely a life saver for him, but I probably won't use it again for myself BC of the strong smell.
Mackenzie C.
Mackenzie C.
If you experience cases of minor dry, itchy skin, give this product a shot. I live in Central Texas, so my hands, knees, and elbows typically only need TLC in the colder months. When it's too warm to use lotion, I pull this hand salve out. It goes on smoothly, and has a fantastic, refreshing lavender scent. It soaks into your skin pretty quickly, so there's no need to fuss around with greasy hands. It's a perfect solution for dry, scaly hands during the warmer months, which is why I love it so much!
Katie K.
Katie K.
...I have a confession- I actually use this on my feet. I have callouses on my feet that are very dry and uncomfortable, but before sleeping I slather this on my feet, throw socks on, and the next morning my feet are much softer. I like using this in wintertime, I really notice a difference. The smell's weird, it's a little greasy, but to me I'll put up with it because of its effectiveness.
Brooke P.
Brooke P.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Wellness Guru Expert
This is my go to for my dry hands. I wash my hands constantly and they get dry quickly. Before bed I put this on my hands, elbows and feet and when I wake up they are soft. I use this product nonstop in the winter. The downside is the product is oily and I don't recommend it using it and then trying to do things. This is why I use it strictly when I go to bed.
Lindsay c.
Lindsay c.
Otis, OR
I love this stuff. I tend to have very dry hands, I wash them ALOT, and this salve is the only thing that will keep them mosturized . The smell is perfect, a very natural scent. When I first tried it I thought it was a little oily but after working it into your hands, walla!!!! I keep it in my purse and use it daily. I love how natural it is!
Megan E.
Megan E.
Little Rock, AR
This product was a life saver. My hands were very dry and unable to touch, but I saw this at target and decided to try it out. A little product will go a long way and this hand salve has helped my hands immensely. The only issue I have is the smell. It's a very natural smell, which I usually like, but it's just very over powering.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I really like this stuff! It moisturizes chronically dry hands well. My only complaints are that it's such a small container that I have to stick my fingers into (which isn't very sanitary). It also smells very medicinal, a bit like Vicks vapor rub to me, but it gets the job done no matter how dry/cracked your hands are.
Maria T.
Maria T.
Norwood, MA
Is this stuff worth the price? i absolutely love Burt's bees but it can be pretty expensive sometimes...
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Shingletown, CA
What is your favorite use for this product?
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
Do you love how it works or the smell more?
Judy X.
Judy X.
Rock Hill, SC
Does it make the hands oily?
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Do you use this every night before bed?