Add a Photo

By BURT'S BEES
#2 in Lip Care

The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about.

Photos (634)
Taniyra R.
Taniyra R.
Charlotte, NC

As someone who used to be addicted to Blistex, it was a difficult addiction to cure. I was able to find a very happy place with Burt's Bees original lip balm. I'm no longer frantic about keeping this in my pocket, it moisturizes exceptionally well, and even though I ALWAYS have some nearby, it works so well I don't NEED it on hand.Can't rate this product highly enough. Also, if you haven't yet, head over to Netflix and watch the documentary on the founder/owner of Burt's Bees. You'll be surprised at how AWESOME this guy is.I remember being turned onto this stuff by my brother who has a slight allergy to petroleum products and had to find an alternative to the staple lip balms. I used to think Burt's Bees was a gimmick or something hipsters (or people who don't know what they're buying but buy it anyway because someone said it was cool) would use, and while they might, they're still using a superior product with the best ingredients.I'm not into the whole "natural" gimmick, it's a fad and it'll pass. But in this case, bees wax SHOULD be natural, and it is. Buy this. All of this. And you'll never be found wanting again. I promise.This Lip Balm came to my rescue a few years back when my lips were sore and cracked - I'd lost my usual and then favorite, so this was a purchase on a whim and I've never looked back. The Lip Balm itself is in the standard tube (twisting the bottom reveals the product). No sticking dirty fingers into pots... and we all know as soon as you get a lip balm out, everyone you're with suddenly realises they have dry lips! I often have this in my pocket, my handbag - even one that stays in my car so I can top up when the Heating/ Air Con is on. Depending on the season there is always a place for Burt and his Bee's. During the colder months my lips typically suffer but this product has put an end to that. The Vitamin E helps to soothe lips as the Beeswax conditions and protects against the elements. Whilst it repairs my dry and damaged smile I'm left with beautiful, hydrated and dare I say kissable lips! Everyday this finds it's way into my hands. Using this as a primer for Lipstick should be the law. Your lips will be smooth and moisturised - meaning a flawless application of your chosen colour and an increase in the staying power of your Lipstick/ Gloss. This balm also boasts added Peppermint Oil to refresh your lips but also add a little fullness - and we're all after a nice pout.At the mention of Peppermint Oil, there is no nasty taste to this! Hallelujah! Whilst I love fruity/ citrus flavored balms, eating and drinking can be a bit irritating when everything tastes a bit like raspberry smoothie. You will experience a slight tingling when you apply this, but it isn't uncomfortable.It isn't sticky like a Vaseline so rather than a 'glossy look' your lips are just left looking hydrated and healthy. Perfect for a 'no make-up' make-up look... And long haired beauties rejoice - You won't find your hair getting stuck to your lips!Please be aware you will also find the men in your life reaching for this! I purchased one for my BBF (Boy Best Friend) and my Brother so they would stop using mine - they are converts too, as well as all of my girlfriends who got this in their Christmas Stocking!My love for this Lip Balm has no end, and I will continue to sing it's praises. To add further to my appreciation of this product - it's 100% natural and not tested on animals... Now that has to feel good.
hillary v.
hillary v.
Paragould, AR

If you haven't ever used Burt's Beeswax, and you're wondering why the heck chapstick could be so expensive, don't fret. It's because it's worth every penny. Since middle school, this was the perfect chapstick to have on the go, in the car, in your purse, and if you found those extras lying around the house because you thought you lost them, you can still use it!!

The sensation you receive when you apply these on your lips is one of the most comforting feeling. Instantly, you get this tingly relief and a smooth touch to your lips and somehow you just feel like the world is right... because burt's beeswax is protecting your ugly dry chapped lips.

The hydration on this is really decent. It's great when I need to apply some moisture before applying matte lipsticks, because it's light enough that it doesn't overwhelm, but hydrating enough to prevent my matte lipsticks from drying out my lips.

If it's around winter time or even summer, and you need something that allows you to sleep comfortably, this chapstick is the way to go. It's great to keep around at all times, and waking up in the morning to still soothingly smooth lips is such an awesome feeling!
Dani Z.
Dani Z.
Tampa, FL

Burt's Bees lip balm is my holy grail and I must have a tube of it with me at all times. A long journey with dried lips has turned me into a lip balm addict. I have tried almost every brand of lip balm in search of relief, and most of the time I end up with an allergic reaction. I would get this red, bumpy, and itchy rash around my lips, and putting on more lip balm only worsen it. I picked up a tube of Burt's Bees out of desperation. There's something about the no nonsense yellow packaging drew me in... and oh man, I've been hooked ever since.

This brand of lip balm is the one of the few that I'm not allergic to. It is made up of 100% natural ingredients that doesn't cause irritation. Instead, it soothes and relieves me of dried and chapped lips. Their flavor sections are amazing. All of the flavors smell like the real thing, and my favorites are honey and vanilla. The texture glides on smooth and velvety, and it actually sinks it instead of sitting on top of your lips. Usually with other lip balms I have to reapply what feels like every 5 minutes. With Burt's Bees I can go hours and my lips still feel moisturized.

I will always be loyal to Burt's Bees lip balm because it literally saved my lips. I have tubes stashed everywhere and backups ready to go. That's how much I love this lip balm and I highly recommend it.[;

Mara C.
Mara C.
Diamond Bar, CA

Daisyna K.
Daisyna K.

Burt's Bees is so great, affordable, and cruelty free.

This particular product (Beeswax Lip Balm) is amazing to use daily.  It really keeps my lips moisturized without the texture of it being sticky or thick and especially helps them out after/before wearing matte liquid lipsticks.

The standard packaging makes it easy to carry around with you in your pocket and use throughout the day.

However, it's not my favorite lip balm out there.

The reason being is that it's great for daily use and helps keep my lips nice and soft but...

We all have those off days where our lips get cracked/chapped and or really dry (Usually due to the weather or other factors). On those particular days, I fine that Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm does absolutely nothing to help relive my lips from being chapped/cracked/dry (This includes the medicated one. This may also not be the case for everyone).

Other than that, it's fine. It's more of a daily lip moisturizer than a lip saver.

Would I recommend? Yes, it's a great and inexpensive product that for the most part definitely helps retain the moisture and softness of the lips.
Crisxandra f.
Crisxandra f.

I've used other Burt's Bees lip balms for years without thinking about the tingling burn I got after each use. It was especially bad when my lips would already be chapped from the winter air. Then my husband brings this home to me, knowing I'm a sucker for vanilla. I try it, my first reaction is that it smells amazing. Vanilla is my favorite scent so I may be bias on that aspect of it, but yes it smells great. Two, it goes on so smoothly. No waxy residue, no burning, no tingling. It's fabulous. It is refreshing to chapped lips.

I also lick my lips frequently out of nervous habit, it doesn't taste bitter to discourage the once or twice lick over, but it doesn't just disolve away. One application lasts me hours. I love it, my only complaint is that it doesn't last long with me! I've never owned a lip balm that I havent lost before finishing it until this product came into my life.
Linli F.
Linli F.
Minneapolis, MN

I am the type of person that ALWAYS, always needs chapstick with me no matter where I go. Seriously, I feel incomplete without it. I usually have one in each purse/backpack/jacket I own.

Personally, I don't like heavily scented or flavored chapsticks, but I am in love with Burt's Bees chapstick. The peppermint flavor gives my lips a very minty aftertaste, making it feel moist and refreshed. I mean, how often do your lips feel refreshed from chapstick?

The biggest downside about Burt's Bees original peppermint is that it does not have any SPF in it so if you're going on a vacation or anywhere where you'll be exposed to prolonged sun, it's not the best option. I used to swear by this product and then brought it with me on vacation once and got my lips sunburnt after using it. It also doesn't provide prolonged moisture and I often times find myself applying several applications throughout the day.

I still truly enjoy the refreshing feel it gives me. I haven't found any other chapstick similar to it, but even at that, there are still some improvements to be made.
Heather W.
Heather W.

I bought these using my dad's account, (he has prime, I don't), because I love Burt's bees. Nothing works as well to keep my lips moisturized and soft as Burts. In addition I love that their products are made from organic materials and that they have a program where you can send them back your old lip balm containers and they're recycle them for you! My favorite of the balms is definitely the original which smells and tastes like peppermint. My boyfriend has actually said that he can smell the peppermint on me when I wear it. I also love the coconut which is a bit oily but goes on smooth and last forever. I also want to say that I'm one of those people who picks at her lips and when I wear Burts I not only pick at them less, (because they're not dry anymore), but the skin discoloration I get from picking leaves quickly (within an hour) after I apply Burts. This is a big deal to me as several family members have told me my picking problem made my lips look like I had scars or wounds on them.
Jo W.
Jo W.
Philadelphia, PA

This used to be my holy grail chapstick. I loved the tingly feeling it left on your lips after application. It felt like it was really penetrating to the deepest levels of your lips and helping to exfoliate dead skin. I used it for a few years, and then I suddenly started getting really dry and irritated around my mouth. This became increasingly worse for a few weeks until it looked like I was a 5 year old with Koolaid all over my face. It was super embarrassing, and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out was going on. I started eliminating products I was using, until I finally had it narrowed down to my Burt's Bees chapstick! As soon as I stopped using it, the redness and irritation started to subside slowly but surely. I don't know if this was maybe a fluke or if they changed their formula or if I suddenly became allergic to some ingredient. It was a very odd situation, and I've been too scared of getting the same reaction to try them ever again.
Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.
Zapata, TX

I feel no shame in posting a picture of this beat up chap-stick of mine because I love this product so much, that is literally all I have left of it. First time using it I felt and noticed the difference immediately it moisturized my lips quickly, left them soft, even toned, and just healthy! It has a very nice fragrance but it doesn't bother you at all, if anything you'd wish to smell it more. The price is what scares a lot of people from Burt's Bees in general, but this one is well worth it and something you will not regret buying, I KNOW I will repurchase this product and learning now, that its available in a double pack excites me even more honestly. You can use it in a skin care routine, or by itself (it'll make you that kind of lip confident), OR to be specific, I love using it before (priming) and during the process of applying your make up, because your lips will look and feel gorgeous when you're wearing a matte liquid lip!!!
Christy N.
Christy N.
Campbell, CA

Is this lip balm price a good deal?
Pavan S.
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ

Which Burt's Bees chapstick is your favorite? I like the passion flavor.
Yolanda L.
Yolanda L.
La Puente, CA

Is it worth buying?
brionna g.
brionna g.

Is Burt's Bees Lip Balm Worth The Price?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
columbia, mo

Which is better, Burt's or chapstick?

Join Now