Add a Photo

Photos (3)
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Spring Hill, FL

I bought a used board back in 2007 to ride with my hubby. Love it! I rented boards before but they were nowhere near as smooth as my twin. Brand name, high style...awesome company!
Catherine L.
Catherine L.
Timmins, ON

The good stuff:

My husband and I have been avid snowboarders for years. He has raced in numerous boardercrosses and has always won. He loves powder riding as much as being aggressive and laying down some sick carves. I always joke because he's now 28 and he is still just as good when it comes to competing, but he's definitely not a kid anymore lol.

Burton has awesome gear, clothes, etc. but the boards...eeee.
We have had numerous boards over the years, from all kinds of companies, trying to find each our own niche. My husband bought a Burton (largest board, he is 6'3", size 12 boot, 190lbs). Within the first winter, the clear coat/decal on the face of the board began crackling and peeling around the edges. We have never had this issue with any other board, so we were pretty surprised and disappointed. It looked like a sweet board, had good flex, etc. Just didn't hold up to some tough lovin'.

I'm giving Bourton a B because I have their Heated ladies Q boots which I absolutely love, including a sick boot bag and other gear that performs flawlessly. As for the board, the quality was definitely lacking for a big, expensive board. My husband had so much hope for this board and was like a little kid on Christmas when he got it. Too bad the excitement didn't last.

I should also note, we contacted Burton who stated they would replace the board, so we shipped it to them fully packaged. The replacement never happened as they were stress related cracks (from a handful of uses). They shipped us the board back, (in much worse condition, I might add) and now my husband uses it as a jib/park board, as he no longer cares for it.
Brett N.
Brett N.
Hawthorne, NY

This is way to grey to even come close to reviewing. There are so many great board companies out there. While Burton is absolutely an orignal G they have a wide variety of boards from beginner to advanced. I ride a 165 Burton Love Playboy Limited edition special. This thing has so much pop and flex its amazing not to mention the full centerfold art shot. Like I was saying beginner to advanced. So there are boards that are fantastic and those that are from from it. I want to say this. I do love burton, but to say all of them are great is mis-leading you. Burton does however cater to the mountain rider / person that just wants to have plain fun. From their boards to their bags everything about them and the sport is cool. But if you want to grab a sick board from burton make sure you pay attention to weight, displacement, and mid core construction. Art always plays a factor into the mix but the construction is always most important.
Gayle L.
Gayle L.

Burton understands outdoor kids! The best feature of their children's snowpants is the thought that goes into details such as hems that can be easily lengthened. Many kids grow up, but now out, meaning snowpants are often too short before the waist is too small. With hems that can be lengthened by simply removing a thread, and excellent quality in the overall material and workmanship we've been able to use one pair of snowpants for three seasons in a row on the same child!
The regular retail price is on the high-end. However we purchase our Burton gear during end-of season sales or on clearance when the new colours and styles are introduced. This results in significant savings. Because really, who cares if a pair of snowpants are last year's colour? Not us!
Tabitha A.
Tabitha A.
Puyallup, Wa

I love that the Burton boards, boots, bindings all have a great beginner start. The board is very thick and easy to maneuver when you are first trying to learn. But also makes other things like stopping easier, then as you "graduate" up you can move on to a thinner board if you want. I have tried other boards but ultimately i love Burton. Also i love they have a women's trufit shoe that is meant to form to a woman's high arch. and sits a little different on the calf. More and more the snowboarding world is making things more women anatomy friendly, but Burton is my favorite.
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Cincinnati, OH

Burton makes some good boards, however they are normally overpriced for what the market offers. Which they can do because they have such a well known brand, however I much prefer other board brands when it comes to actual snowboarding. Their clothing line on the other hand is phenomenal. No matter where you search, snow gear is normally expensive, however you will be hard pressed to find the quality and beautiful designs that Burton provides in their snow clothing lines. I think my Burton Snow Jacket will last at least another 7 seasons!!! That's crazy good quality folks.
Jake S.
Jake S.
Marlborough, MA

Although Burton makes high quality snow gear, there are many other brands that make gear at better prices and quality. Brands like Forum, Salomon, k2, and Dragon make gear that blows Burton out of the water. I used Burton gear for 3+ years and was satisfied until I converted to Forum. Definitely a good decision. The best part of Burton is their jackets and snowboard graphics. I would definitely recommend researching other brands before buying Burton gear based on popularity. I've never had a problem with my Burton gear but I prefer other brands especially for park riders.
Katrina P.
Katrina P.
Broadway, VA

Snowboarding is probably my biggest hobby. To the point where I wear my Burton snowboarding coat all the time . . . even just to walk across my college campus in winter. It's warm though, I promise. I also have Burton snowboarding boots, one of their easy lace up systems before the BOA. Let me tell you though, it's still nice and convenient. Burton bindings too, never had a problem with them. I would have a Burton board but that was given as a gift and I received K2. I love Burton. They're expensive, but you won't receive any cheap, under quality things.
Marina A.
Marina A.

I have gone through quite a few Burtons over the past ten years. I was a very loyal "Feel Good" rider, but recently tried the "Deja Vu" board- and I'm in love. The reason I love these boards so much is because Burton is constantly making improvements. When something feels a little off with one board, they fix it with the next model. They also make an exceptional range of boards for every type of rider/terrain. Love, Love, LOVE Burton's womens board!
Elise H.
Elise H.
Taylor, MI

I am new to snowboarding and I decided to buy my board at the end of the 2013 winter season. It was discounted at a great price so not only did I love the board but also the price. They have so many different styles of boards allowing beginners to enjoy it and advanced riders. I love my genie board. Not only is it cute (which is always a plus) but it rides so smooth. They can be expensive but it is worth it
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

Does Burton make a click-in binding system? I need to replace my switch bindings, but can't find a good click-in set.
Sam G.
Sam G.

How is the snowboarding attire? I have a burton board but I am curious about their other gear.
Samantha L.

What is your favorite Burton board?
Heather D.
Heather D.

Who is your favorite Burton athlete?
Samantha L.

Has anyone tried out the "first layer" clothing to wear under your gear? I am thinking about buying a set but want to be sure they are warm and of good quality.

Join Now