Add a Photo

Catherine L.
Catherine L.
Timmins, ON
The good stuff:

My husband and I have been avid snowboarders for years. He has raced in numerous boardercrosses and has always won. He loves powder riding as much as being aggressive and laying down some sick carves. I always joke because he's now 28 and he is still just as good when it comes to competing, but he's definitely not a kid anymore lol.

Burton has awesome gear, clothes, etc. but the boards...eeee.
We have had numerous boards over the years, from all kinds of companies, trying to find each our own niche. My husband bought a Burton (largest board, he is 6'3", size 12 boot, 190lbs). Within the first winter, the clear coat/decal on the face of the board began crackling and peeling around the edges. We have never had this issue with any other board, so we were pretty surprised and disappointed. It looked like a sweet board, had good flex, etc. Just didn't hold up to some tough lovin'.

I'm giving Bourton a B because I have their Heated ladies Q boots which I absolutely love, including a sick boot bag and other gear that performs flawlessly. As for the board, the quality was definitely lacking for a big, expensive board. My husband had so much hope for this board and was like a little kid on Christmas when he got it. Too bad the excitement didn't last.

I should also note, we contacted Burton who stated they would replace the board, so we shipped it to them fully packaged. The replacement never happened as they were stress related cracks (from a handful of uses). They shipped us the board back, (in much worse condition, I might add) and now my husband uses it as a jib/park board, as he no longer cares for it.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Calgary, Alberta
Absolutely love my Burton gear! I have the Lipstick board with the flex curve technology and love it! I also have picked up some other equipment, mitts, boots, bindings and clothing and everything holds up extremely well! It is rather pricey but the quality is unbeatable in my opinion!
Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.
Wainwright, AB
I've had the same Burton board for about ten years; the quality is undisputed. I used to race and the fact that my board had less flex offered more stability and speed. That being said, I think I'll opt for a little more flex when I buy a new board because I'll be looking for something more forgiving for maneuverability in the terrain park.
Meaghan R.
Meaghan R.
Edmonton, Alberta
Great brand. Always lots of awesome gear and boards. They make really awesome and comfortable socks.
Suki Y.
Suki Y.
Very nice quality clothing apparel. The shirt that I own does not lose it's colour during washes and it still is the same as when I have bought it. The print does'nt ware off and it's super comfy!
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Does Burton make a click-in binding system? I need to replace my switch bindings, but can't find a good click-in set.
Sam G.
Sam G.
How is the snowboarding attire? I have a burton board but I am curious about their other gear.
Heather D.
Heather D.
Who is your favorite Burton athlete?
Bessemer, MI
What is your favorite Burton board?
Bessemer, MI
Has anyone tried out the "first layer" clothing to wear under your gear? I am thinking about buying a set but want to be sure they are warm and of good quality.