BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

THIS book is written by Harold. His full time occupation is dog. He lives with Mr. and Mrs. X (here called Monroe) and their sons Toby and Pete. Also sharing the home are a cat named Chester and a rabbit named Bunnicula. It is because of Bunnicula that Harold turned to writing. Someone had to tell the full story of what happened in the Monroe household after the rabbit arrived. It all began when the Monroes went to see the movie Dracula At the theater Toby found something on his seatÃ'a baby rabbit that he took home and named Bunnicula. It proved to be an apt name, at least as far as Chester was concerned. A well-read and... see more...

Bunnicula (Hardcover)
  • "This was the first book I checked out of the library when I was 8." in 1 review
  • "I read them all in school great books for the beginner horror fans." in 1 review
  • "I remember reading Bunnicula as a kid and I cannot wait to get my nephews started!" in 1 review
  • "This was one of my favorite books when I was a kid." in 1 review
Jade B.
Durham
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I remember loving this series SO HARD as a kid. This is one that I would actually re-read as an adult just for the nostalgia factor. This was definitely the type of book I gravitated to as a kid (and, let's not kid ourselves, now as well!)
Liv C.
Statesboro, GA
This is the cutest story and I remember reading it in elementary school. I still make jokes about Bunnicula when I see white foods (like cauliflower). I would get this for my kid to read at any age, once they knew how to read of course.
Lisa P.
Howell, MI
I had to do a book report on this in the 3rd grade, and I kept the book and read it again several times as the years went on. Smart, funny, clever, and just a tad bit creepy, bunnicula is a great book for young readers! Cute story line from a cat's point of view trying to uncover the secret evil of the new family pet. A must read!
Tabitha R.
I can remember being in elementary school and my teacher read this book out loud to the whole class. Ever since then I have remembered this book.

The way it is wrote brings the animals to life on this book. When my children were small I bought my own copy and made it a tradition to read it to them on stormy nights and on Halloween. They loved it. It is very family friendly with just enough mystery to it.
Kathrynn L.
Stuarts Draft, VA
This is a book about a vampire rabbit. My fourth grade teacher read this to us as a class, as well as the following books. It wasn't my kind of book at the time, but it wasn't terrible either. It was a decent book that didn't bore me.
Brooke V.
Amazing characters who develop and grow before your very eyes, a unique and mysterious story, and superb writing summarize Bunnicula. I have read this book almost 100 times since I purchased it in 3rd grade. This is a must read and I think the humor an the characters appeal to children and adults. I love this book! :)
Lori L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
As a child I loved Bunnicula and read it every year around Halloween. However, it warped my view of rabbits, which I had liked prior to reading this book. When I became a mom, I picked up a copy to read to my children. Kind of liked passing the torch and it was one of their favorite books. Bunnicula (Hardcover)
BettyJo M.
Cedar Hills, UT
Classic book! Just overall a good book. Well written and has a good message. Great for kids to read or for parents to read to their child. Keeps you entertained and it's just a classic that everyone must read.
Emily T.
Aberdeen, NC
We read these books in my fourth grade language arts class and it was always a fun read. An interesting storyline that is unlike any other. Must read for young readers!
Lindsey P.
Venice, FL
Love this book! It follows the struggles of a dog and a cat in a household that has just adopted a very suspicious bunny. It's part of a series that includes beginning readers as well, but this book is the one that started it all. I would recommend it for 8-10-year-olds, with the concession that some might find it a little scary.
Kelcie W.
Omaha, NE
Anyone else read this growing up? Loved it!
Victoria F.