Bumkins Snappi Cloth Diaper Fastener 3 Pack

by Bumkins

The Snappi diaper fastener is a pinless fastener to create a snug fitting cloth diaper. Latex free. CPSIA compliant.

has anyone ever had an complaints about these?
I have cloth diapered my son without snappis but would like to know if these would make using prefolds with breastfed babies easier?
Has anyone had issues with the clip part scratching baby through the diaper?
Start your review of Bumkins Snappi Cloth Diaper Fastener 3 Pack!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“It made keeping the prefolds in place so much easier and they hold up so well, especially for the price. ” in 8 reviews
“I have been using prefolds since day one with my 6 month old and never had a need to buy these.” in 5 reviews
Gadsden, AL
Love these for use with prefolds and fitted diapers! They are so easy to use and not expensive at all. Plus you don't have to worry about stabbing yourself or the baby with a safety pin. There are similar products but those require two (one on each side) and I don't want to have to hunt for two of something while I'm trying to change a squirming baby.
Colfax, WI
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Snappis are great for closing prefolds and they are the only brand that I would trust. They hold prefolds on snug and prevent leakage with the baby. They are very effective and I found them easy to use once I got the hang of them. I recommend these if you are using prefolds with cloth diapers.
Cape Coral , FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
With my third baby I cloth diapered until she was around 18 months. These clips made it so easy to keep the cloth folded without having to stick the baby with pins. The only thing I didn't like was that they were super sharp. Outside of that they are a novel product for any cloth diaper mama.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
These are so awesome if you have ever tried to use diaper pins you know how much of a blessing these snappis are! They secure cloth diapers with out stabbing you and they do grab/hook on well enough you domt have to worry about them comming loose
I love these snappies -- they are a must have if you use prefolds or fitted diapers. We used the 'newborn fold' until my son was probably 9 months, so snappies were a must. Now we just trifold the prefolds so we only use them for fitted diapers. You only need two or three (in case you misplace them or they get dirty). They are pretty simple to use, but you should practice a few times before using them on your baby, or it might take longer than what your baby likes to be on the changing table (specially if your baby is older). Yes, they are sharp, but I've never had any issues poking my baby or myself.
Bedford, IN
Having twin 22 mo boys is hectic enough. But put both of those rambunctious bundles of joy in old style prefolds and it makes things even more hectic. Choosing to do clothe diapers for both environmental and cost reasons, I had received a ton of prefolds and diaper pins as a shower gift. Once my guys were old enough to start moving around, I was always worried I would poke/stab them. That's not something I wanted to ever think about doing. Then, one day, my sister-in-law told me about Snappi and I just had to try them out for myself. From then on it has been pure bliss. They are super easy to use. Just attach one clip to one corner of the prefold, stretch to the other corner and release. Then, repeat with the vertical clip. Its that easy.
Pottstown , PA
We use an assortment of pockets, AIOs, and covers. People complain about "poopsplosions" (gross) with covers but with Snappis, those are seriously a thing of the past. The Snappi is convenient, easy to use, and economical. It helps to hold the insert securely onto the baby while containing all the mess so the cover can be used over and over. Cloth diapering on a budget isn't easy - especially if you want quality - but a Snappi paired with a Flip cover and a prefold or Flour Sack Towel is the ultimate diapering combo.
Stow, OH
When I first heard about cloth diapering - I was convinced that I was going to stab my child with diaper pins. But lo and behold! Snappis to the rescue making my life that much less overwhelming. And you know with a kid under your belt, the easier products can make your life, the better! Just place the Snappi on the folded diaper, stretch to two other plaxces, and you're done! No need to mess with pointy objects, or make sure you always have soap around to keep pins slick!
Bartlett, IL
LOVE THESE! i am so glad they made these. It makes using prefolds easier. It was a lot of fun telling people about these when I told them I was using cloth. Most people think of old fashioned pins and rubber pants. The teeth are a bit sharp so they catch on things and when digging in your diaper bag for one, you can hurt yourself a bit. After a few times of that, i would just attach it to a prefold in my diaper bag so it was handy when i needed to change the next diaper.
The snappi is a great alternative to pins for flats & prefolds. I could never quite get a hold of pinning without injuring myself... My husband and i both were able to pick this up really quick. My only issue is that they say not to pull by the rings, which is fine. But the tab itself is a bit small and it's hard to grip and pull tight. Pulling the rings ended up being the only way we could really get it snug. However, the rings tore within a couple months of use. (So follow the directions and don't pull with the rings.)