bumGenius Original One-Size Cloth Diaper 4.0

by Bumgenius

How is this diaper? If you practice elimination communication does this diaper work well for you? How long does it take to dry?
What are the inserts made of? Has anyone used two or subbed in another, more absorbent material without it getting too bulky?
Is it worth the price?
Start your review of bumGenius Original One-Size Cloth Diaper 4.0!
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I purchased a bunch of these used and I love them. They held up really well and everything was in great condition. When my elastics started to stretch they were very easy to access and fix. We have little to no blow out with these and I love the top and bottum snaps for waist size verses some that have side by side snaps for the waist. Definitely a fan.
Purchased at: Target
These diapers are fine. They don't compare to the Alva Baby brand at all. The inserts don't hold much and the snaps on these ones aren't as nice. For the price these should be a lot nicer. I paid less for Alva Baby and they work far better than this brand. Very disappointed.
Joppa, MD
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love bumgenius. I used them for 3 years with my son and now am using them again with my daughter. They are easy to clean and easy to use. The snaps save you from your toddler taking them off and having some kind of poop disaster!
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I thought for sure I would use bumGenius Freetime All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diaper but I couldn’t get a good fit so I tried out a few pockets and they are perfect. These are easy to spray off and you don’t have to mess with flaps (like in the freetime). You can also use whatever insert you want in them. I like the one it comes with but if I need more absorbency I add some hemp inserts. I am cloth diapering baby 2 right now and don’t have to worry about buying diapers because I already have them! And the stretchy tabs on these help get a great fit on any baby. If you are new to cloth try a few brands and styles and see what fits your baby the best and what you like using the best.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
These are what I used when I first started using cloth. They worked great on my now 8 year old. They were easy to take care of and easy to use. I started with Velcro but eventually replaced with the snap ones because the Velcro craps out quickly considering the life of the diapers themselves is pretty long. I eventually switched to another type of cloth diaper called the Flip by the same company and used them exclusively with my next 2 children. I always suggest cloth to new parents. It's really easier and better for your child's health than disposables. And cotton babies brand is one of the best out there.
Athens, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My first cloth diaper, so I will always have a little love for bumgenius. Pocket diapers just aren't for us anymore. I prefer prefolds and covers now, but with my first child, these made the transition easy. I love that they really grow with your baby from newborn to potty training. The inserts will absorb a lot if you take care of them properly. We occasionally had leakage, but that was mostly because my son peed A LOT at once. Overall, these aren't bad for a pocket diaper. They are very well made and cute too!
San Angelo, TX
We have been using BumGenius 5.0 pocket diapers since my son was born. They are so easy to use, wash, and clean. When we travel, we use disposables and he ALWAYS gets a diaper rash. With these, that's never and issue. I also love all the colors and patterns they have - I always match his outfit when we go out!
They come with two different inserts so you can amp-up the absorbency when necessary! They are such an easy way to cloth diaper without all the hassle!!
Bristol , CT
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My go to cloth diaper for my ds fits well doesn’t leak. Pro: earth friendly cost effective you never have to buy diapers!. And lastly I love the big fluffy cloth diaper bum !!Cons expensive at first it’s a big investment but so worth it. Cleaning ...always having laundry and to get close and personal with poopy. They work great over night and are so easy to use when transitioning to potty trainBum Genius bumGenius Freetime All-In-One Snap (2 Pack) - Girl
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I loved doing cloth diapers. Bumgenius are great in that they're easily accessible many places you find other diapers. They also absorbed really well and held things in. If this is all you can find as far as a cloth diaper it really is great. Probably the biggest downside of these is that they can be pretty bulky so clothing doesn't always fit the way you hope or expect.
Anniston, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
There are much better cloth diaper companies, and I dont understand why BumGenius is so popular. The velcro closures are not well made, and the elastics are the worst I've ever seen. They wear out so fast. The prints are why I scored them a 3. The only other thing I like is that there is a pocket in the AIO'S where you can add extra absorbency, but as far as quality, you won't find it here.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Elkins, WV
a year ago
Has anyone tried bumGenius Original One-Size Cloth Diaper 4.0? I am looking to start cloth diapering and I wanted to know if these are any good? Do they leak?
Lowgap, NC
a year ago
bumGenius Original One-Size Cloth Diaper 4.0 I’m new to cloth diapers and it’s a little over whelming at first, what is your take on the bum genius one sizes??