Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#15 in Diapers
Sydney L.
Dothan, AL

Why did you choose to use cloth diapers as opposed to disposables?

Lisa C.
Lisa C.
North Bend, OR
2 years, 5 months ago
Well, first of all, disposable diapers stink, even when they're not dirty. Cloth doesn't stink unless it's dirty. Second, I don't wear chemical-filled paper underwear, so why should my baby wear chemical-filled paper diapers? Third, they're cute. Really, really cute. Fourth, when my baby poops, it's all contained in his cloth diaper and doesn't blow out the back. I used disposables on 2 of my kids before I discovered cloth, and let me tell you... there was always poop up their backs. Fifth, they can be a real money saver. (Not for me because I'm a sucker for the cute prints and have way too many, but oh well.) Sixth, you'll never catch me running to the store for diapers at midnight because we ran out. I think that about covers it.
Nydia Fry M.
Nydia Fry M.
2 years, 7 months ago
Environmental consciousness, financially pleasing and so SOOOOOO many cute prints and styles to choose.
Desiree U.
Desiree U.
2 years, 10 months ago
I didn't choose to use these, I felt like I couldn't do the washing clothes everyday.... I work full time, and it was hard for me. Unfortunately. I know many people that can balance it all I just was not one of them. I do feel like using the clothe is much better for the environment and for the baby because it isn't getting all kinds of chemicals etc ... (Im a crazy freak about that stuff) lol
Julie M.
Julie M.
Katy, Tx
2 years, 10 months ago
I chose cloth diapers to save money (the obvious answer). I thought they were so cute too! I got a really good deal on my diapers and ended up getting a whole stash for less than $100!
Mara W.
Mara W.
Iowa City, IA
2 years, 10 months ago
The savings really add up. The cost to diaper one baby in disposables from birth to potty training is somewhere around $2000. Compare that to cloth, you would average around $500 (many people spend even less than that). Not only that, but you can also reuse the diapers on future children or sell them when you are done. ...try doing that with a disposable diaper. Add to that the fact that you don't have nasty chemicals around you're baby's bottom and it was a no brainer for us.
Kailyn S.
Kailyn S.
Foster, Rhode Island
2 years, 10 months ago
I chose cloth for a lot of reasons. They end up being cheaper than disposables, are better for the environment and so much better for my babies skin. I also love that there are so many options and styles.
Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.
Shelburne Falls, MA
2 years, 11 months ago
We planned to use cloth for our children, largely for the impact and financial aspect but also for the confidence in what was going against our children's skin. Cloth diapers give you opportunity to use cotton, polyester, hemp, and other insert or absorbency options and since that was right against their skin, I knew he was touching cotton, not paper soaked to help it hold liquid. They integrated simply and, when I started, we kept a small emergency stash of the right size disposable diapers, but we never felt that we needed to open them. I am sure they are more work than disposables but not terribly so and have been a good option for our family so far.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I started using these for the aspect of saving money and using them on future children. They are also absolutely adorable. It's cool that it's Eco-friendly, though that thought wasn't in my mind when deciding to use cloth diapers.
member-6ebbb4e5c
member-6ebbb4e5c
2 years, 11 months ago
I did when my son was just born due to the fact he kept getting red and I tried every type of diapers and it was the stuff in the diapers so I went diaper service and it's cheaper.. In my opinion and I have done both ways with my three kids..