Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#15 in Diapers
Maya W.
Plano, TX

What is the wear like on these things? Leaks, etc.?

kim c.
kim c.
Shelby, MI
3 years, 6 months ago
These are the only brand of cloth diapers I have not had leaks with.
Bianca P.
Bianca P.
3 years, 7 months ago
I have not had any leaks with this brand. Just make sure you have them fitted correctly to your babies size. The snappy buttons make them work for any size baby. I have used the same ones on my daughter since she was born and she is two now. Miraculously, no leaks at all and they have not worn out like other cloth diapers we have.
Cari Sue M.
Cari Sue M.
Ferndale, MI
3 years, 8 months ago
I agree with other answer-ers the Velcro on the Freetimes wears out. Even when I stick it to the laundry tabs it finds a way to cling and make diapers frizzy. The velcro on 4.0's isn't as bad, and snap diapers hold up perfectly for us!
Jenny R.
Jenny R.
Plain City, OH
3 years, 10 months ago
We have snaps. My only complaint is that after a year plus of use, the elastic is starting to get pretty loose - and we were seeing leaks. You can send away for a repair kit from Cotton Babies for like $10 for new elastics and repair instructions. I have also seen some wear on the outside of the diapers in the top corners, but that's more of a cosmetic issue. Our BG are definitely the workhorses of our stash, so some wear is certainly expected.
Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.
Paoli , PA
4 years ago
I've heard the velcro doesn't hold up but we have had ours for 2 years and haven't had any problems. We also line dry them
Phyllis H.
Phyllis H.
El Paso, TX
4 years ago
I am a sewist and I am constantly getting requests to convert velcro to snaps. The velcro wears out way faster. I also like styles with buttonhole elastic because it allows you to replace the elastic when they get stretched out. I tend to replace elastics after 1-2 children in most families. I also find that I need to make sure to stay on top of changing wet diapers or I regret it with leaks.
Cassondra F.
Cassondra F.
Salida, CO
4 years, 1 month ago
I agree with others that snaps will last longer than the velcro. The wear also depends on the style. With use, the layers of the Elementals will get holes. This doesn't effect function but they just don't look as nice with holes. The microfiber of the freetimes and 4.0s wear pretty quickly. Although again that doesn't necessarily affect function, they just don't look as nice. As long as you get a good fit around the legs and make sure none of the inner fabric is showing, leaks are uncommon. After a long time of use or if you use too much detergent, you can get build-up leaks, which are typically pretty easy to reverse.
Renee S.
Renee S.
4 years, 2 months ago
Snaps are best in the long run as the velcro can become worn , and it really depends on your child and what type of wetter s/he is . My boys have always been heavy wetters and as long as i change often we have had no issues .
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Fort Payne, AL
4 years, 2 months ago
I would recommend getting snaps instead of velcro if you want them to last. The velcro wears out so fast!
Gia C.
Gia C.
Huntington, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
At night I use two liners. My daughter sleeps up to 11 hours and no leaks:)