Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
Bumgenius Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#15 in Diapers
Merline S.

I would like to try this but are these sanitary? Those any one like these better them the disposable diapers

Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.
Lockport, NY
3 years, 2 months ago
This is my second cloth diapered baby. They are much more cost effective, which is a big plus to many people. They also tend to be much cuter so I often don't bother with the matching diaper covers when I put a dress on my baby girl. With modern diapers, such as these, they are really easy to use. There is no pinning and folding, just some snaps or velcro. Like Desiree, I've found them to be much less likely to have a "blow out," keeping everything a bit more contained and more sanitary than a disposable diaper. If you have the opportunity, leaving them in the sun to dry after washing does wonders. It naturally removes stains and kills any potential lingering germs or yeast. But your washing machine and soap should do just fine for the day-to-day. I live in an area that has some harsh winters and didn't have any issues.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
3 years, 2 months ago
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I've been cloth diapering since my baby was a month old because that's when she was big enough to fit her BumGenius diapers, which are one sized, so they grow with your baby. These are perfectly sanitary. I prefer cloth to disposable because cloth diapers keep poop blow outs contained whereas disposables explode all over clothing. You're also less likely to experience diaper rashes with cloth diapers. You can wash them with any laundry soap that doesn't have fabric softener. I also use OxiClean for disinfecting purposes and to prevent stains.