Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#17 in Diapers
Mallory G.
Cape Elizabeth, ME

How many diapers do you consider a perfect stash to diaper one child?

Julie P.
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
2 years ago
Somewhere I read said you need at least 15 diapers. I think I personally have around 35. I know it seems like a lot, but our day care does the cloth diapering for us (yay!) so we always make sure they have a good number of diapers on hand so that we don't forget.
kim c.
kim c.
Shelby, MI
I would say 24-30
Ileana V.
Ileana V.
4 years, 1 month ago
24. I change them every hour and wash every other day. While one load is in the wash I still have plenty of diapers ready to go for the day.
Tessa S.
Tessa S.
Oswego, NY
24-30
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Riverview, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
One child would be 24-36 for a full time stash washing every other day... although. I've had close to 70 for one... hahahaha You can never have too many.
Maria O.
Maria O.
Oxnard, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
I would say the perfect amount of diapers is 40-60 this would also be including diapers for newborns as they tend to pee more often.
Bianca P.
Bianca P.
4 years, 2 months ago
I would say 35-40, because it does take time to wash them and you always want to keep a stash ready.
Cari Sue M.
Cari Sue M.
Hazel park, MI
4 years, 3 months ago
I like having 40 diapers.
Jenny R.
Jenny R.
Plain City, OH
4 years, 5 months ago
How often do you want to do laundry? Also, if you cloth diaper for awhile (my son is 16 months), the elastic will start to go on some diapers and you may have some that delaminate. So I always end up adding to my stash (plus I'm a total CD addict!). If you want to do laundry every other day, and you have a newborn, I'd say you'd need 30 to be safe. It also depends on what kind you're using. If you use inserts with covers, you can get by with fewer covers and more inserts. But it's always good to start with a good variety of types (all in ones, all in twos, fitteds, hybrids) to see what you'll like.
Karla R.
Karla R.
Brownsville, TX
4 years, 5 months ago
I'm going to say 30 to be on the safe side. That makes a decent stash and you don't have to wash too often.