Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#15 in Diapers
Brianne L.
North Bay, Ontario

How do you strip your diapers?

Lena V.
Lena V.
Fpo, AP
3 years, 4 months ago
I've had more success with white vinegar than bleach!
Tegan K.
Tegan K.
Ballwin, MO
3 years, 5 months ago
I just had to strip my diapers because they were starting to smell bad, even after bleach, and not be as absorbent. If you have a HE washer like me, use 1 teaspoon of blue Dawn dish soap in hot water, and then two more washes in hot water with no soap. Worked for me!
Tessa S.
Tessa S.
Oswego, NY
3 years, 6 months ago
Don't strip unless absolutely necessary - it is bad for the PUL! I had to once (mother in law tried to help by doing the laundry and used regular detergent!) and i took them to my local cloth diaper store and they did them for a very reasonable price.
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Riverview, FL
3 years, 7 months ago
I never have to strip. With a proper wash routine you shouldn't have too! ;) RLR is a great stripper though.
Cari Sue M.
Cari Sue M.
Ferndale, MI
3 years, 8 months ago
Washing with Allen's detergent is guaranteed to leave no residue and therefore requires no stripping. It is the only detergent that every single cloth diaper brand recommends, for the reason of it is the only one that leaves no residue.
Jaymie S.
Jaymie S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
3 years, 8 months ago
I just run a cycle with a little bit of bleach and extra rinse, no such thing as detergant build up you don't get it on your clothes you won't get it on your diapers unless you don't rinse properly but you would notice this when you pull them out of the wash they would feel like they still have soap on them. I have heard blue dawn works but if your stripping because they are new to you or thrush then you need to do some sort of bleach was to kill whatever is in the diapers
Jenny R.
Jenny R.
Plain City, OH
3 years, 9 months ago
I use Grovia's Mighty Bubbles to strip. Sometimes I also add a little bit of blue Dawn if it seems like there's detergent buildup. Also, because BG has the microfiber inserts, they actually recommend (and it works) to use bleach on them once a month. I don't need to do it that often, but maybe once every 3 months I'll bleach all of my BG and inserts. It removes the stink nicely.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Lawrence, KS
3 years, 9 months ago
We use Rockin' Green Soap Company's Funk Rock to strip ours. Use the recommended amount of Funk Rock in a washing machine full of hot water. Let the diapers soak overnight, then in the morning, run several hot washes to rinse them out. This strips the diapers of any buildup and eliminates that nasty ammonia smell.