Bumgenius  Cloth Diapers
By Bumgenius
#15 in Diapers
Kelcie W.
Omaha, NE

Has anyone tried both these and disposable diapers? These seem pretty convenient but I guess I'd be concerned about leaks/messes compared with disposables..

Megan W.
Megan W.
Cincinnati, OH
2 years, 3 months ago
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I have three children. One was in disposables only, my middle child was in disposables until a year old- then we switched to cloth (which she is still in,) and my youngest has only ever worn cloth. I will never go back. We stayed at my mom's one night unexpectedly and I didn't have enough cloth diapers to last. My husband ran and bought a small package of Pampers to use. BOTH of my kids woke up with leaks. The next day my son had a horrible blow out in the disposable. It was everywhere. In the 1.5 years I have done cloth I've never had poop leak or come out of the diaper.
Carissa M.
Carissa M.
Decatur, IL
2 years, 5 months ago
We have used both. There are SIGNIFICANTLY less blow outs with cloth. Hands down. It takes A LOT to have a leak, and even then, it's a leak, not a blow out!
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Lincoln Park, NJ
2 years, 6 months ago
There are fewer blowouts with these than disposables, especially with newborn poop.
Kailyn S.
Kailyn S.
Foster, Rhode Island
2 years, 10 months ago
Definitely less leaks and blow-outs with the cloth than with disposables. Washing them really isn't as scary as it seems at first and after awhile it becomes second nature.
Audrey G.
Audrey G.
2 years, 11 months ago
We switched from disposables and have experienced significantly less leaks than with disposables.
Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.
3 years ago
I have tried both and personally, I prefer BG diapers over disposable! Sometimes diapers can delaminate, but they are easy to fix. In the long run, cloth diapers are much cheaper than disposable and much more absorbent as well!