Kathy  P.
Houston , TX
How have you saved using cloth diapers?
Audrey G.
Audrey G.
2 years, 10 months ago
Not having to buy diapers weekly/monthly has saved us so much money. I also plan on reselling our cloth diapers eventually which will really max out the money we have been saving. It is amazing how well the resale value is.
Brianne S.
Brianne S.
Saint johns, FL
3 years, 2 months ago
We started CD'ing my son when he was 6 months old, and have been using the same diapers with my now-1 year old daughter. It's been over 4 years since we started cloth diapering, and in that time we've only had to buy diapers a handful of times. We spent a couple hundred dollars on cloth diapers up front, while others are spending thousands of dollars on disposable diapers every other week! It's awesome!!
Sara M.
Sara M.
Toronto
3 years, 3 months ago
I went with Alva Baby (china cheepies) to start my diaper stash. It cost us $224 for 24 diapers which theoretically should last us from birth to 40 lbs. We're currently at 6 months and 19 lbs. I'd guess we go through about 8 diapers per day. It seems to be decreasing a bit as he gets older. Walmart size 3 pampers (our disposeable brand - we've used less than 1/2 a pack) retails for $37.94 CDN or $0.24/diaper. Baby is 6 months old, knocking off a couple of weeks for vaccines lets call that 176 days old, multiply by 8 diapers a day = 1,408 diapers. At $0.24/diaper then we would have spent $337.92 on disposeable diapers. So we've already broke even by using cloth and saved $113.92 at the 6 month mark.
Amber E.
Amber E.
Zeeland, MI
3 years, 3 months ago
I don't have to run to the store to pick up more diapers... Unless they release a new print or color that I have to have ;)