marisol l.

Can anyone explain to me how to use these, and where do you buy them ? Also do you need inserts I use disposables so know absolutely nothing about cloth diapers.

Whitney K.
Whitney K.
Littlestown, PA
1 year, 7 months ago
I use these diapers and LOVE them. 1st, you can buy them online at Target, Amazon, Buy buy Baby, etc. The only store around me that sells them in store is Buy buy Baby. So when you buy one it'll come with the diaper, a newborn insert and a regular insert. You stick the insert in the "pocket" inside the diaper and you're good to go! Super easy and once you have a diaper, you'll completely understand.
Alisha C.
Alisha C.
Lebanon , OR
1 year, 7 months ago
I think you can buy bum genius at target or babies R Us. But it's easier to get them online through Amazon or other baby websites. Bum Genius comes with cloth inserts that you would pull out and wash with the covers. You can buy disposable liners to lay flat against the insider to help with poo removal but it's not necessary. I have used cloth diapers for a while and they are basically like disposables except instead of throwing away you toss in a bin and wash them in your machine about every other day. They are spendy up front but pay for themselves after 3-4 months and if you take care of them they will last for years. Machine wash hot, then an additional wash and rinse warm or cold, hang dry the PUL covers and throw the liners in the dryer. Some people hang dry all of it but the liners take forever to dry. Gentle detergent.
Kailee M.
Kailee M.
1 year, 7 months ago
You can buy bumgenius diapers at some babiesrus, buybuybaby, or a host of small local or online natural parenting shops. You can also but directly from the manufacturer cottonbabies.com. They usually run some specials/sales on the cotton babies website. As far as using them, they are a pocket diaper, meaning they have a pocket that you stuff an absorbent fabric into. These come with microfiber inserts for the absorbent material. You put the diapers on similarly to a disposable except there are snaps to keep it on instead of the sticky velcro tabs on disposables. You only use this type of diapers one time before washing. When the diaper is soiled you dump any poo in the toilet and then remove the insert and store both in a wetbag until you have enough to wash. It's pretty easy once you get going. I have cloth diapered 3 kids so far and bumgenius are by far my favorite brand and I have tried a ton of different brands. If you can find a local shop to go look at the diapers, that will help you a lot!
78240
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I also hang the diapers to dry them after I wash them. This will make your diapers last longer.
78240
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Yes, they come with 2 inserts. If you are starting to cloth diaper I would recommend getting 15 cloth diapers. You will go through an average of 5 to 8 diapers a day. I wash mine every other day. I first run a rinse cycle, then wash cycle, then another rinse cycle. I use tide detergent. I purchased mine from kellyscloset.com as they have great sales! You can also purchase them from babiesrus but they rarely go on sale there.