BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Liz W.
Henderson, NV
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I wish I could say I loved this product but that just isn't the case. We received one from a family member when my daughter was born and tried each month to get her to sit in it. She hated it! It was hard to get her in and out of and was just more hassle than it was worth.

We followed the directions and watch videos but it just wasn't happening. I've seen others enjoy it so I'm thinking it was just a personal preference for my child. She isn't one to be confined and this chair is confining.
Samantha A.
Burton, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
It’s just an okay product but not a must have.
I bought this because it was all the rage and I always must have the latest and greatest, just who I am.
However, my daughter didn’t take super well to it so she hasn’t used it much and is basically done with it since she can sit up on her own now.
It doesn’t seem comfortable and she’d always try to pull one of her legs in and then she’d be lopsided in the seat. It’s okay, not the worst thing in the world, but they make better sit up seats now a days.
Jade M.
Tigard, OR
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
We got one as a gift and my baby hated it. The material is weird and it's awkwardly heavy. I did some research and found out that they are actually terrible for babies because parents usually put them in wayyyyy too early. It forces them to sit up before they are ready and before their muscles are strong enough which puts unnecessary strain on their lower back and hips. We returned it. Both of my kids were crawling and sitting up early just with tummy time and baby wearing. SKIP!
Beka H.
Haysville
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I loved our Bumbo, we recieved it as a gift for one of our younger boys and Im not sure how we managed without it before. Im not a huge fan of the way the the tray is designed to go on but beggars cannot be choosers. Also, my niece was a HUGE CHUNK and her legs would be red after sitting in it for more than 20/30 minutes. I do love how simple it is to tote around if needed and would recommend every parent to have one. The reason it is getting four stars from me is because I personally believe it would be smarter to purchase one that has been pre owned then to buy a new one. We have used ours through several babies and it is still in fantastic condition.
Vanessa M.
Chillicothe, IL
Love this item. The only bad thing I have to say is the leg holes could be made bigger to accommodate bigger babies. I got it as a gift on my registry. Whenever I try to take my child out of the seat his legs are always stuck in it. Another downfall, is the lap belt connecter could've probably been placed somewhere different. It's right in the front of the diaper, and I've realized if I set my son in there just right; it jabs him in the front of the pelvic area. It seemed decently priced and we got a tray with it as well.
Lyndsey K.
VERNON, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I have a love hate relationship with this bumbo seat. I got this with my first child and never used it. I am using it with my second child. It is hard to get their legs into the leg slots and it comes with them when you try to pull them out of it. It is easy to clean.
Christine L.
Englewood, CO
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I love my daughter's bumbo.  The only thing is that she has chunky legs and seems to get stuck sometimes.  Don't worry, it doesn't hurt her to get her out and the bumbo is not tight around her legs when she is in it, but to get her out we get a good laugh.  She is learning to sit up on her own and exploring, reaching and touching, so the bumbo keeps her in place.  We don't need any baby spills over herd :)
Traci U.
Salisbury , NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The bumbo chair was great for a few months but he grew out of it SO FAST. I got it on eBay for a cheaper price but if I had gotten it full price it wouldn't have been worth it AT ALL. We used it for feedings when he couldn't sit by himself and then when he could, we used it so he wouldn't crawl away! When we did use it, we loved it! He would sit on the kitchen counter while I cooked or on the dinner table while we are... just not good enough benefits for the price.
k J.
This was a gift that a friend brought for my nieces baby shower. We started using it with her when she was around 3/4months. She would sit in and watch tv or grab her favorite toys. My niece enjoyed sitting in it. Yes, I recommend all parents to purchase this or put it on your baby registry. It's easy to travel with and easy to clean.
Jay N.
San Diego, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
It worked for my little one to sit in once he could hold his head up . He seemed to like it  but he had thunder thighs at one point so it would make it difficult to bend fit. He seemed to like it except on hot days. If he leaned far back enough he could take himself out at one point . If you want something to sit him in not supervised this is not what you are looking for. But something he or she can sit while you both sit and play . It will work.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.