BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• Bumbo Floor Seat Who else uses this? Do u put it on the f...10 Answers
  • At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Hayley N.
Monroe, NC
We received this seat as a gift and it was so helpful with my son! They added the seatbelt soon after we received the Bumbo and they sent over the lap belts within the week. Some people think of this seat as dangerous, but it's great for allowing your baby to sit in while you cook, clean, or just play in the floor with him. I'm not sure that it's worth the price tag, but it was really helpful for a short amount of time!
Lacy S.
Evansville, IN
My son had a Bumbo and the first time I sat him in it, he was about 2 months old. We stopped using it when he was about 5 months old. It is great for babies who was to sit up, but it is also a bit impractical seeing as you don't really need to use it for very long, especially considering the price.
Jennifer B.
Chelmsford, MA
I got my bumbo seat after the recall when the straps were put it. Honestly we never used the straps. The seat is only unsafe if you don't use it properly. It is meant to sit on the floor. Not a chair, or a table, and it is most definitely NOT a bath seat! If you use it properly it is an amazing seat. My son started sitting on his own at 3 months because of using the bumbo seat! I love it and wish he still fit in it!
Bailey J.
I saw these for years before I had my daughter, and thought they were silly. Once my daughter was born, I looked at them again and thought they were overpriced and still, silly. I got one as a gift, put my daughter in it, and she loved it! We use it every day. When she's cranky, we plop her in the Bumbo, and she's all smiles. She's always liked sitting up, but this way she feels like she's doing it on her own.
Caitlyn D.
My son hated to sit in his bimbo at first , he then started to get used to it . Unfortunately we don't use it much . We have a high chair for him to eat in and once he got use to the seat he could then sit up by himself. I will sometimes put him in it now to just sit and play on his tray but he tries to stand up in it and can tip it so I think it's a good product and can be useful to others . Just not for us
Autumn C.
Ireland, IN
Love our Bumbo! The tray is sometimes hard to use when the baby is already in the seat. We use it as a seat for church when the baby needs to be seated for longer periods of time. At 10 months old he is still able to sit in it and seems to enjoy it. I love that the material is soft and it is easy to use. The straps are kind of deep in the seat and are hard to get around the baby. Over all I do love this product.
Sarah P.
Springfield, VA
When used PROPERLY, this is a great little seat! I know it has been in the news for baby injuries, but that was mostly caused by user-error. I like that it's really soft, and I'm glad they added the safety strap. It was the first seat I used to start feeding my daughter solids, because the highchair was so big and overpowering. I even bought the tray so that my daughter could enjoy some toys while sitting in it.
Gina J.
Can be outgrown quickly but that is depending on babies size. I have a niece that used this up until she was 1 year old. We would sit it on the counter, always with us right in front of her (and its a large counter - no one freak out) for lunch or snack. It kept her at a good height for us and she was comfortable eating in it. Now she sits at the table in a normal chair, so we skipped the need for a high chair using the bumbo and tray.
Danielle F.
Wyoming, MI
We didn't use this as much as I would have liked...our son was so chubby from 4-6 months that his poor legs were all squished in this when we tried to use it. I'm not even sure we ended up using the tray because he started sitting by himself and this became an afterthought. We still plan on using it for our second child...maybe they will be less chubby! I like the concept but the design didn't work for us.
Amy M.
Centerton , AR
I bought 2 of these when I had my daughter (baby'sat my friends daughter that was the same age) and I loved these! They were small enough to store out of the way, light enough to move anywhere and super easy to clean. It made feeding the girls very easy when they weren't sitting up alone but were starting to eat cereal. They could also see each other and play. Would recommend these to anyone with an infant
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.