BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• Bumbo Floor Seat Who else uses this? Do u put it on the f...10 Answers
  • At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Suzanne C.
Lawrenceville, GA
This is one of the things I regret buying. I had heard nothing but rave reviews about it. I. hate. the. belt. restraints. I know I'm a bad mom for being against something that's supposed to help my LO but those stupid things are about to get cut out of mine. We rarely use it. I might like it a bit more when he's eating solids but by then his fat legs won't fit! If you can get one, buy one at a consignment place. You'll find tons of them.
Lori B.
I liked the bumbo but honestly didn't get much use out of it. My son was too big shortly after he could prop his head up to sit in it. I'm sure it's so handy for babies who aren't in the 95 percentile. I did keep it, though, after my son grew out of it. We will give it another try with baby number two.
Jordan A.
I feel like it is a nice way to help babies learn to sit up or to use as a easy highchair.. but it is pretty pointless to have. I would rather my baby learn to sit up on their own than having support. If your baby moves a lot it is likely to tip over. Although you should always be with your child while it is in the seat. I felt like I needed one with my daughter until I got it and never used it because it was so unnecessary.
Amanda P.
Johnstown, OH
My daughter did not love the Bumbo seat at first, but now she loves it! It's great for feedings because I can sit on the floor with her. She is still a little too small for the high chair. She also uses one at the sitter when the other kids are eating so she can watch and interact with them. I love that they started making the Bumbo with straps as well. I know there were some safety concerns with this product in the past.
Tiffany P.
Ashland, OH
It is great in theory. When my youngest was quite small, it was fun for her to be upright with the rest of the world. But she'd get bored quickly - even putting toys on the tray that you can get for it didn't help because every two seconds, the toys would be knocked off. Then once she was a little bigger, she was able to plant her feet on the floor and push, arching herself up and tipping the bumbo backwards. The safety belt helped but it was still tipping a bit more than I'd prefer. Not sure I'd say it's worth buying at full price but if you buy used, you can get a good deal.
Hayley N.
Monroe, NC
We received this seat as a gift and it was so helpful with my son! They added the seatbelt soon after we received the Bumbo and they sent over the lap belts within the week. Some people think of this seat as dangerous, but it's great for allowing your baby to sit in while you cook, clean, or just play in the floor with him. I'm not sure that it's worth the price tag, but it was really helpful for a short amount of time!
Brandy C.
Groton, CT
So I really loved my nephew's bumboo. Very comfy, and allowed him to sit up on his own. There is a downside though. If you have a child that is bigger then the average baby this product will only be useful for a very short time. Bumboo should make a different model for the bigger/taller lil ones.
Lacy S.
Evansville, IN
My son had a Bumbo and the first time I sat him in it, he was about 2 months old. We stopped using it when he was about 5 months old. It is great for babies who was to sit up, but it is also a bit impractical seeing as you don't really need to use it for very long, especially considering the price.
Jamie T.
This is a great product. My kids used this when I had them on the floor to keep them in place if I was folding laundry or vacuuming. I believe we got our at walmart and it was fairly priced. It met our expectations and we were satisfied with it. The boys loved it and didn't complain or try to wiggle out.
Christen P.
Redford, MI
I love this seat! I've heard a lot of moms complaining that the chair's legs aren't wide enough and that due to that they don't long. However, I did not have that experience at all! My son used this chair multiple times a day through 8 months. It really helped him learn how to sit up early (9 weeks) and he enjoyed it. I used to feed him in it as well because it was so easy to wash. Love it, recommend it for everyone!!!!
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.