BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Samantha M.
Thonotosassa, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I love this seat! Along with my daughter's nursing pillow we use this daily to help her practice sitting and having good posture! She gets so much joy out of sitting up like a big girl and it makes me happy to see these products do go to good use. We have the attachable tray so when she is older I'm excited to begin using that.
Caitlin P.
My son had several surgeries as an infant that dampened his development, it was like his brain was ready to sit up unassisted, but his body just couldn't do it. This product gave him a sense of independence and we really enjoyed seeing him play and be a "big boy" in his seat. It's easy to clean and comes in a lot of colors. The only problem we had...getting our chubby baby out of the seat! It really sucks them in there, but that's what makes it work.
Jennifer V.
Prairie Vlg, KS
This is a nice seat for a very short time in your baby's life. My baby loved her bumbo for about a month when she was wanting to sit up but couldn't quite do it on her own. Once she was able to sit unassisted we never used the Bumbo again. I've also been told by an occupational therapist that the Bumbo actually inhibits babies from learning how to sit unassisted if they use it too frequently because then they won't develop those muscles on their own.
Kayleigh S.
Rosenberg, TX
This was useless for us. We got it to use in the bathtub. By the time he was able to hold his head up we only had three weeks of use before the leg holes were too small!

I love how cute the seat is, especially when you pair it with a homemade cover. It was really convenient during those three weeks. I was able to put him in it while I blow-dried my hair (an impossible task for moms). It's also SUPER easy to clean. We had a few blow outs in it and you can just hose it off and wipe it down.
Tiffany s.
Linwood, NJ
I didn't get a bumbo because i thought they were dumb and i wouldn't need one. i am a minimalist! buuut, for the short time my son went to daycare, they used them and it was awesome! when they can't quite sit, it helps, and now that my son is on the move alllllll the time it is one of the only things that can keep him seated to eat without a temper tantrum. he hates his high chair. so, i wish i had bought one originally, or put it on my registry.
Valerie K.
Dekalb, IL
This chair is okay for baby only if you have the tray attachment. This allows you to place toys or food down for baby. The way your baby sits in it is odd and almost looks painful. The seat is too expensive for what it is. It's nice to have something so small and portable for times like showering or cooking when baby needs a seat but there are better more comfortable baby seats out there. Don't be fooled by Bumbo's big following, they aren't the best.
Emily H.
Ellettsville, IN
I used one of these for my 3 year old when he was a baby and bought the newer version for the baby we will be having soon. It is really nice to have a seat that can snuggle up to a baby and keep him/her upright so that they can see what is going on around them. My son also used this as his primary high chair. I tend to have skinny babies and so it lasted a long time, but my friends with heavier babies couldn't use it for more than a few months.
Emily P.
LEWIS CENTER, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When I was pregnant I knew I HAD to have a Bumbo for my baby. Sadly, I didn't get much use out of this product. Once my baby had enough head control to sit in it, he started sitting on his own shortly after. I may have waited a little too long but I wanted to make sure his neck would be ok! I also got the attachable tray and it's very hard to attach whether or not your baby is in the seat! It is nice and leightweight and VERY easy to clean!
Marisol T.
I bought my son a bimbo floor seat when we first started baby food. They are really useful with the tray. I bought mine for 10 dollars used and at that price it was a very cool toy. To help my son sit up when he couldn't on his own and easy to clean.
Suzanne C.
Lawrenceville, GA
This is one of the things I regret buying. I had heard nothing but rave reviews about it. I. hate. the. belt. restraints. I know I'm a bad mom for being against something that's supposed to help my LO but those stupid things are about to get cut out of mine. We rarely use it. I might like it a bit more when he's eating solids but by then his fat legs won't fit! If you can get one, buy one at a consignment place. You'll find tons of them.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.