BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• Bumbo Floor Seat Who else uses this? Do u put it on the f...10 Answers
  • At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Ashley D.
Norman, OK
We love our bumbo! My girls were always spitting up if you lay them down and they really never liked laying down they wanted to sit up and see the world. So I take this along with me in any room I am in so they can be with me and be happy sitting up seeing everything. We love the tray for when it is solids time. It is the perfect easily portable little high chair for eating. This seat allows me to have time to play with my older child and baby can happily be sitting up in the same room with some toys on her tray.
Clarissa H.
Moreno Valley, CA
I used the Bumbo extensively for my youngest son because I was busy chasing a toddler around all over the place and I knew my little one was safe (on the ground) in his Bumbo. I loved bringing it to the park as well because, once again, it knew he was safe if I had to chase big brother down. The downside...it kept him still. VERY still. Our youngest seems delayed in sitting up on his own and, while I don't have proof, I believe it was because he was not developing his core muscles while sitting in the Bumbo.
liana d.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I was a little disapointed with my bumbo. I know a lot of people use them and their babies love them but my baby would arch her back and almost tip over in it. Also i was only able to use the bumbo for a short period of time before my babies legs got too chubby. I have the one with the tray but didn't find that to be practical because it was difficult to get on and off.
Kristi V.
Waukesha, WI
I love that this Bumbo helped my son stay upright and involved in the action. We set it on the floor in our living room and he worked on lifting and playing with balls and blocks. We also got the tray that attaches to the front of the Bumbo. He was able to make extra noise with that, but also kept him focused on what was there, including eating the new foods and drinking from his bottle. The leg holes seem to grip the upper thigh and that was the first place we noticed he was getting to big for the seat.
Samantha H.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is one of those overrated items that people like because their baby looks cute sitting in it before they are ready to sit by themselves on the ground. I was given one as a gift and I have used it a handful of times. It comes in handy when I want to set a baby somewhere quick and easy. But for the money I just don't see a huge benefit.
Angie W.
Napoleon, OH
A Bumbo seat is one of those things that may be the best baby gear ever for some parents, but is definitely not for everyone. My daughter only enjoyed it for very short periods of time, and once she was sitting on her own, did not want to be put in it at all. I've seen numerous babies who simply won't fit in a Bumbo chair, and others who were too active for it. I had very high hopes when I received one at my shower, but was ultimately disappointed. Still, for certain children, it is sure to be of value.
Jennifer R.
Lake Stevens , Wa
This is one of those products that works well with some kids and not as well with others. If your baby has chunky thighs, don't bother with a bumbo; my first son was too big to fit his legs by the time he could safely use it, but I LOVE it with my second child who is quite a bit smaller than his brother was. I will say, this product is not recommended for long duration use, I use it maybe 10 min at a time with my 4 month old. I will also use it when we start solids until he moves into a bigger highchair.
Kasi J.
Hornsby, TN
I started putting my daughter in her Bumbo when she was about 2 months [she was able to hold her head up pretty much since birth] and she has always enjoyed being in it. She does have rather thick thighs, but as long as I was mindful of it while getting her in and out it wasn't an issue. She has Spina Bifida, so the bumbo was really great for helping her sit up and work on her 'core' muscles/balance. I even bought the tray to go with it. It was great for snack time or to sit her in the floor while we played.
Caroline S.
Brooklyn, NY
This chair helped my baby learn to sit up, faster than if he hadn't had one. It came with the tray so i also fed him in it. DO NOT place on countertops or tables (like most moms i have seen) It is SO dangerous but they advise you of that ON the package.
My seat didn't come with straps but they mailed some out to me after the recall was issued, so a big kudos to the Bumbo company for doing that. My son loved his chair and used it till he could no longer fit into it, and i passed it on to a friend.
Catherine H.
We loved our Bumbo! IT allowed our child to join in on meal prep and eating when he was too little to sit in a high chair. I know it says to put it on the floor, but I put my son up on the counter right next to me while I was doing dishes and we never had an issue. (I always kept my eye on him) We hated the tray that you can buy with it. And ours does not have a strap. They are easy to clean because they do not have have a lot of crevices, which is great with messy eaters and diapering!
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.