BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• Bumbo Floor Seat Who else uses this? Do u put it on the f...10 Answers
  • At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Amanda W.
Edinboro, PA
I got a used Bumbo at a consignment shop for $25. At that price, I felt it was OK. At full price - just not worth it. (Just be careful, the early ones were recalled.) My son likes it for brief periods of time to sit up, but overall it doesn't last for long periods of time. I bought the tray attachment for mine, and my son always seems to get his fingers pinched under the tray so I took it off and no longer use that piece at all. The leg holes are very tight so I wouldn't recommend it past about 6-9mo or for chubby-legged babies.
Jillian M.
Windsor, CT
This seat probably would be good if your baby is on the skinnier side. We bought it for my son and his legs were just too chunky to fit that he cried. We ended up returning it and getting the summer infant seat which he loves much more especially with the toy tray. I am sure this works find for babies who can fit, but I wish they made the leg openings bigger for the chunky babies!
danielle b.
Edmonds, WA
Great seat for a baby that can't crawl yet, also great way to support baby sitting up if he or she can not do it themselves yet. Have to be careful though on where you put the seat because if the baby leans forward it can flip off the couch or table if on a high place. If your baby has chunky thighs they sometimes get stuck in the seat as well. I liked using it on the floor while I was cooking, so I could see my baby and she couldn't move or get out. The bumbos with the trays are great as well to place toys or snacks on for baby.
Danielle S.
Carnegie, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I bought one of these in 2006 (it didn't have the belt then) and it was such a great item. It went through all 3 kids and got passed on to the next person with a baby I knew.i could plop baby in and she could watch me cook and be entertained by sitting up. One of my kids had back issues and couldn't sit up right and the seat helped while she would be in it to strengthen her muscles.
ALYSSA V.
Appleton, WI
While there was nothing wrong with the Bumbo seat and the tray we purchased, by the time our son was actually able to use it, his legs hardly fit in the leg holes...and our son wasn't overweight or large for his size by any means. The seat was used less than a handful of times in our house so we sold it and definitely wouldn't repurchase for future kids or as gifts for anyone.
Julia W.
Seattle, WA
I got a Bumbo for my kiddo after her nanny suggest that it may help w support. Little did I know that it was a terrible idea. Shortly after setting her down in it, my daughter screamed and never stopped for six hours. Why, you ask? The hard plastic that 'keeps them in place' also doesn't allow for anyone who has chunky parts like legs. So the poor thing was in pain and it went right back the next day. It'd be nice if it had some give to adjust but most moms I talked to say its not a good investment. Save your money moms!
Emily B.
Rowlett, TX
I had a bumbo for my daughter and i absolutely loved it! once they develop head/neck control this thing is soooo convenient! I could sit her in the kitchen floor in the bumbo with toys and do dishes, used it in the living room, bathroom,bedroom, outside, everywhere! I even took it on our outings. She hated her high chair so I could feed her in this without having to wrangle her. Bad, when it gets a crack in it, it tends to scratch the baby. Also if your baby has chubby legs then it gets kinda hard to get them in and out.
Sara M.
Jefferson, OR
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Someone handed a bumbo seat down to us to use with our little girl. While I think the idea of it is great it just didn't work right for us. Her little rollie polie legs didn't fit well in the leg holes and every time we tried to lift her out if it she was stuck. It was nice to help her with assisted sitting so she could sit up and play with us but she didn't really care for it so she didn't use it for long. We didn't have the tray attachment or anything though so I can't say if that would have helped the seat any more.
Erica S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
One of the greatest new inventions made for babies. Parents can plop them in & watch them safely. They can attach the little tray & they can eat on it like a mini high chair. We used to put it on the table with her in it & eat our dinner so she would be there getting the familiar dinnertime dynamics and socialization. We used it everyday until she got stuck getting out, then we knew she outgrew it lol
Jessica S.
Elliott, IA
Every mom needs one these in there house. We use ours mostly when we travel so that way we don't need to take a high chair with us or something to keep baby confined while still apart of the group. There has been a recall on these seats but as parents we need to use common sense on these things. Don't put your kid on the counter in one of these and not have them buckled in. You are just asking for trouble when doing this. If you follow the guidelines for these seats you will never want to leave home again without it.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.