BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• Bumbo Floor Seat Who else uses this? Do u put it on the f...10 Answers
  • At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Brooke O.
Spring, TX
Bumbos are convenient to use as a high chair and to set down the baby but they are very top heavy and constantly are getting re called I like the fisher price version it sits flat on the ground and you just stick your baby in it. A lot safer.
Ashley F.
Lawrenceville, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The Bumbo was such a great product for both my babies. I also bought the tray that comes with it which was easy to put on and take off. The only con I found was that my babies legs were so chunky, we'd have a hard time "shimmying" them out of it. Additionally, the buckle was hard to put on them because they were always sitting on them.
Emma C.
Tulsa, OK
I love the bumbo seat as does my daughter. Personally, since my daughter is still learning to sit up and I'm starting to let her get the feel of food, I do let her try foods in it. Also, use it to set her in to play with her sister and to hang out with the family!
heather r.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I had this for both of my kids!   when they were old enough to hold their heads up all by themselves i would put them in this for a few minutes a day.  after they got old enough to use it more i took it everywhere with me  it was easy for my to carry around and it was our portable highchair so that was great!
Abby N.
Garden City, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When I found out I was pregnant, the first item I wanted to buy was the Bumbo chair. We got one used but purchased a new tray to go with it. My daughter did not use this chair as much as I thought she would. She seemed to like it but preferred to play on the floor. However, the quality of the chair seems to hold up, as I said, I got it used, and it was still in great shape.
Halle P.
Saraland, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I have the bumbo without the strap and I love this product! I brought it everywhere with me when my daughter used it. She loved to sit up from a very young age and this helped her sit up with us while we were doing things. She started chunking up around 5 months and can no longer fit into it, but it was good while it lasted.
Hannah W.
Metairie, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I have the mint green shade and the color is not only gorgeous but also unisex. I am 50/50 on this product. It's great for feedings or short sitting times but the back is not tall enough for a young baby... and my daughter has big thighs that I had to smash into the holes... maybe it just wasn't the best fit for my daughter..
Angela T.
Merrillville, IN
We received the Bumbo second-hand from a friend and it's still in excellent condition; you can't even tell it's been used. We have now passed it on to a third baby so that they can use it. It's easy to clean, rinse it off in the kitchen sink or the bath tub or even just take a wipey to it and you're done.

My son went from his Cuddle-U pillow to his swing to the Bumbo. Once he learned to hold his head up, he transitioned to the Bumbo. He lived in his Bumbo until he started moving around on his own. He ate in it, he watched his early-morning cartoons in it, he played in it...he even went in the little pool in it. We took it to the beach with us so he could chill in the shade; we even took it to a slow-moving creek and let him sit so that the water rushed over his little feet.

The tray was great to have, but not necessary. When we used the Bumbo, we didn't have a strap in it. We already had it when the recall occurred (which was when we got our strap). The strap arrived after William had stopped using the Bumbo, but he survived without it. It seems like a nice addition though, looks safer for when they start moving around inside the Bumbo. They also have covers for the Bumbo now. Honestly, it's so easy to clean, I wouldn't waste my money on a cover. They come in several colors, so I don't see the need for the cover, really.

William has chunky thighs...this caused his time in the Bumbo to be cut short. The leg holes are not big enough for the chunky-thighed babies. He got a few good months in the Bumbo, though.

***Please note, it is not recommended for use in the pool. We did this with someone's hand on the Bumbo the whole time. We did not feel that it was unsafe for him to use it just a few inches of water.
Lisette T.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Not a huge fan of the Bumbo. I feel like the odd man out, everyone I know loves them, but I don't like the way it holds up little ones. The position looks a bit uncomfortable and I find the product itself bulky and not that easy to scrub up. I recommend new parents pass and get the Prince Lionheart one instead.
Renee B.
East Stroudsburg, PA
I love using this seat for my baby boy. He's learning to sit up on his own and this seat is great for him! The strap helps keep him safe and secure. He can sit upright and play with his toys without toppling over. It's also very easy to bring with us when we are visiting family and friends. It's very lightweight.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.