Bumbo Floor Seat - Violet uploaded by Erin J.

BY BUMBO #50 in Bouncers & Jumpers

A parenting essential, the bumbo floor seat is the perfect first seat for your little one. Its contoured design encourages good posture and helps your baby maintain a sitting position before he can sit upright on his own. Perfect for playtime, reading time and mealtime, this seat gives baby a chance to see his surroundings from a new perspective. A portion of the proceeds from every bumbo product purchase is donated to help the underprivileged and special needs children in bumbos hometown of pretoria, south africa. Learn more at bumbousa.com/bumbocares. see more...

Bumbo Floor Seat - Violet
  • "The chubby thigh-ed little ones also have shortened use period as it becomes a tight fit for their thighs." in 1 review
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
This was the best thing I had ever used for all three of my kids especially when they got to the age they wanted to sit up, but were not quite old enough to do so on their own.  The form of this seat keeps them sitting upright and not fall down in the seat, also strong enough that it would not tip over when she would move.  I love that over the years they added the safety belt, but mine did not have that and it still worked great.
Tori D.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I got a Bumbo chair when I had my 2nd child (8 years ago) and used it for her and my 3rd baby. My 2nd child was very advanced and learned to climb out of it within a month of having it, she was about 5 months old when I stopped using it other than to feed her while I sat on the floor with her.

With baby #3, she was very small and had a hard time sitting up on her own, so I used the bumbo chair with her to feed her (again sitting on the floor) when I moved to a place where I didn't have space for a highchair. Once she out grew it around 10 months old (she was a tiny thing as a baby), I gave it to a friend.

I was given another one when I had my 4th baby, he didn't use it very long. He hated to sit in it so, I gave it to a family member who had more use for it. Then when she was done with it, I got it back for baby #5. Baby #5 didn't use it long, she gained weight really fast (she's 1 and weighs 30 lbs), her poor thighs didn't fit in the seat when she was around 3 months old (thunder thighs). All in all this is a decent product, but it does seem to slow down development when it comes to sitting on their own. They become dependent upon the back and bottom support. I mainly used it in place of a high chair when my kids were old enough to eat solid food.
Erica S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Great for infants that can already hold their head up & sit up on their own and also if they are not that chubby. My daughter was actually underweight for many months after birth yet we had difficulty removing her from the Bumbo because its such a snug fit which i guess is a good & bad thing. Good because you know the baby isnt really going anywhere but bad for the favt its so hard to get them out without the whole seat coming too or cutting off circulation to their little thighs. Also its already on the more expensive side, yet you still have to purchase accessories like the tray or tray with toys for a seperate fee. It should be included. I do like the variety of colors and how compact it is. You can take it anywhere easily and its small enough to sit on a table with supervision of course.
Ligibell S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Great seat for babies who are still learning how to sit up on their own! My daughter is 4 months old and loves to sit in her Bumbo and watch her older brother play around her!
Shelby N.
Lakeside , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
The Bumbo is a great little starter chair for your infant. It helps strengthen your child's back and neck so that they can sit up on their own. you can shop around for different prices. genrerally now all bumbos come with a seatbelt. you can buy other attachments like a table so you can give your baby toys or snack while they are sitting. NEVER EVER place the bumbo on top of anything....always use on the floor..too many stories of babies topping over from being placed on counters...babies wiggle a lot!!!!
Lyndsey B.
Mcloud, OK
This is such a great starter seat for the littles. It is a great price for the use you will get out of it. This was exactly what I was looking for in a starter seat for my kids. I bought the chair from walmart. I would recommend this to parents to use. The seat belts weren't in the seat when I bought mine but are an awesome safety feature.
Laura W.
Ukiah , CA
We totally loved our bumbo. Got it from a friend but would totally recommend it. We used in a pinch as a booster seat and it was wonderful to let the little one check out the world around her. Our daughter got a lot of use out of it because she has very skinny legs. I don't think it would work nearly as well or as long for a baby with chunky legs.
Jeanette O.
I was a huge fan of the bumbo at first but then I noticed it wasn't helping much. I talked to my daughters therapist about it and she let me know it was one of the worst things to use. The seat is too deep and doesn't encourage the child to sit or work on any muscle. It also doesn't allow much movement.
Rachel M.
New Paris, IN
I bought into the hype of the g
bumbo and it was a huge waste of money. I wish I had done my research on how horrible bumbos are for babies. My older son's therapist found out we were using one with our baby and told us how bad they are for babies. Do your research and skip the bumbo, babies learn to sit up earlier without them anyway.
Jazmin C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Used this for both my kids and still use it and it's so good to use to have them sit up by themselves when they are really small to help them get their neck and head control a bit better. the one I purchased I got for 20 bucks at target just because the package was super ripped up pretty good deal and they do last a long time!
Lyndsey B.
Mcloud, OK
When did they start putting the straps/belts in them?