BY BUMBO #49 in Bouncers & Jumpers

A parenting essential, the bumbo floor seat is the perfect first seat for your little one. Its contoured design encourages good posture and helps your baby maintain a sitting position before she can sit upright on her own. Perfect for playtime, reading time and mealtime, this rose pink seat gives baby a chance to see her surroundings from a new perspective. A portion of the proceeds from every bumbo product purchase is donated to help the underprivileged and special needs children in bumbos hometown of pretoria, south africa. Learn more at bumbousa.com/bumbocares. see more...

Kalyn S.
Hedgesville, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is a huge waste of money in my opinion. My baby hated it and I can see why. She was slumped over in it and by the time she can sit up in her own she doesn’t want to be in that!
Stephanie R.
Winter Haven, FL
Adorable design, Lightweight for travel, Can add tray. I wish my daughter enjoyed this chair as much as I do. It's very versatile. You can add a tray to it for $10 which makes it more of an activity center or high chair.

We actually wouldn't mind using this as a highchair if we didn't already get one. One thing that should be noted, though, is that you CANNOT use this anywhere other than the floor. It's extremely dangerous to sit this on the counter, table or chair. There are no restraint straps aside from the ones inside the chair.

The seat belt works very efficiently. From the picture it appears to be a 2-point, but this is not the case. It comes in between the legs and up then the sides clip in. This style keeps my daughter from trying to stand up in it.

I read a lot of complaints about how their child didn't fit in the chair once it can be properly used. They must have very chubby babies because my daughter has had no size issues. This is NOT recommended to use before your baby can hold his/her own head up. Using it before can cause spinal issues.

Overall this chair is a great invention. If my daughter didn't prefer a slightly reclined position more we would get more use out of it. I'm not going to include our bias preference in this review, though. We will be storing it away once she's outgrown it in hopes that our next kid will enjoy it more.
Cappy B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My daughter doesn't mind sitting in this, sometimes I'll feed her in it when we're on the go. When she doesn't feel like sitting in it anymore though...She learned how to escape from it (7months). But she does like to play in it as well.
Sara M.
Lynnwood, WA
We are just starting to use this, my daughter doesn't last long in it at this point. We're hoping she gets more used to it to build her muscles for sitting on her own!
Brandi W.
Murfreesboro, TN
When I first bought the Bimbo seat I was expecting my child to atleast want to sit in it once a day, but since i bought it my baby has never, not once, ever stayed in the seat. No matter what the activity i do, he wants nothing to do with it, even with the attachments. I personally would not recommend buying this product until you are able to test it out with your child first. I would take the child to a store and let them test it out before spending hard earned money and then the baby wanting nothing to do with it like mine did. Lesson learned
Becky B.
We loved this chair. Daugher used it from the time she could hold her head up because she airways wanted to see what was going on. I liked that it is light and easy to transport and having tray meant we could easily take it when visiting for little one to have snacks in. I liked that if it got dropped or rolled around in the trunk that it didn't show damage and that it was easy to clean, however it did get stained with pasta sauce. At 2 my daughter still wants to sit in it to watch tv!
Arianna P.
Patterson, LA
I received this as a baby shower gift. I have used it from the time my daughter was 2 months old till now; 7 months old. I love every bit of it. The color is adorable. I love the rubber design on it. I can use it for her just about anywheres. I have set her in it in the bathtub, in a small baby pool, at restaurants, and just on the floor. The only problem I have had is that she tries to lean over forward in it. I'm not sure if other moms have had this problem but maybe it is just my daughter because she likes to touch things. It has never flipped over though. Only in the tub she does not weigh enough to hold it down. It floats and when she leans she is on the verge of tipping forward and I have to hold her down. Maybe a new design can fix this problem so it does not float. Other than that I love my bumbo and will continue using it.
courtney L.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
We loved having the bumbo seat for our daughter! It's very light and easy to carry along with you on the go! It's soft and has a good cover that makes for easy clean up. It helped a lot when my daughter was first learning to sit up because it helped hold her up. We used it with a tray when she first started her baby food. Definitely saved it for when we have more babies. We used it until her chubby baby thighs couldn't fit in the leg holes!
Courtney D.
Pittsburgh, PA
We have been using our Bumbo since our 13 month old tried her first solid food at 4 months! It was a wonderful alternative to a high chair for us because we did not have the space. The only negative is that the tray would stick some time and that it doesn't have a lot of leg room once they get older.
Andrea E.
I love this little seat! My daughter been using the bumbo from the moment she could hold up her head. The only con is her legs are starting to get stuck and the seat comes up with her lol. Shes 6 months by the way, But besides that its a great investment and I will use it until she grows out of it.
vineeta k.
Hackensack, NJ
i want to have this one for my son ..he is just one month old now ..after reading the reviews it better that i buy this when he is 4 months old .