Bumbo Floor Seat - Aqua

A parenting essential, the bumbo floor seat is the perfect first seat for your little one. Its contoured design encourages good posture and helps your baby maintain a sitting position before she can sit upright on her own. Perfect for playtime, reading time and mealtime, this aqua seat gives baby a chance to see her surroundings from a new perspective. A portion of the proceeds from every bumbo product purchase is donated to help the underprivileged and special needs children in bumbos hometown of pretoria, south africa. Learn more at bumbousa.com/bumbocares.

I know some moms that swear by these, but I'm not sure if they are worth the price. Are they a staple for new moms to put baby in? The leg holes look small, my son has very thick thighs and I'm not sure he would fit comfortably.
Does your baby enjoy sitting in this? Mine baby likes her legs free so she can kick an move them would this be a good idea?
How do your little ones like this?
Start your review of Bumbo Floor Seat - Aqua!
Product Highlights
“I hope they make ones with wider leg openings because it's pretty small even for a little petite baby.” in reviews
“My daughter loved sitting in her Bumbo.” in reviews
“he preferred to be in a high chair.” in reviews
“We received this as a baby shower gift and love it.” in reviews
“I love how it wont move around on the chair.” in reviews
Bumble has a limited use window but is a great product. I love it for 4-10 month olds. I also use it as a bath seat. Additionally we traveled with it and used it as a booster seat in restaurants (with an adult sitting right next to it of course.) So more about the bimbo. It is a soft squishy seat (kinda like yoga mat material) that wipes down easily and doesn't appear to absorb water. It holds up babies back for babies that can't quite support themselves yet or can only support themselves for a moment. My daughter loved it because she felt like a big girl and could see what's going on. Now generally I only use this on the floor, it can tip over so don't walk away. I have also used it in a restaurant booth with me sitting next to it. Great product overall
Mountain View, MO
I've used this seat for 2 of my children, but neither of them really cared for it. It is handy for when we go visit family, it's small enough that I just keep it in my car.
BLUE RIVER, OR
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Great product to have. When baby is able to hold her head up she can sit in the Bumbo. Very sturdy and super easy to clean. This seat is easily portable. I like it for picnics, family and friend's houses. It can be sat on counter, table or floor. I have my daughter next to me while I do dishes. She loves it. Of course common sense needs to be used and don't leave baby unattended on a high surface. It is hard to tip but can. You can buy cute covers and table tops for this seat. I love it. I have used our for 3 years now. My 2 almost 3 year old still sits in it to watch cartoons and my 6 month old uses it for feeding. I tried to use it in the bath but it just floated. Baby wasn't heavy enough I guess.
Johnston, RI
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Literally the best invention known to man. I LOVED this seat used it daily. My son is now 2 and when he grew out of this I was seriously so sad. I used it in the bathtub, for him to be off his head and sitting up using his neck muscles. It was so awesome, very affordable I think I paid like $50.00 at most I purchased it at target along with the snack tray that snaps onto it for I think an extra $15.00, got more than my money's worth out of this chair. Highly recommend
Annandale, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We love this, it's small enough and light enough to tote around to friends and family when we're out so baby has a place to sit. We also use this during dinner time for baby and set him in the center of the table(probably not a suggested use) but it keeps him entertained since he can watch us eat and be close by so we can keep an eye one him. My only complaint would be that he can often times get bored since there is nothing attached to keep his attention.
Bumbo Floor Seat - Aqua uploaded by Paloma O.
The bumbo is an easy seat to have & even easier to clean up...but I do not like the straps on this one. They seem unnecessary & bulky. With my daughter (6yrs ago) I had one without straps & preferred it. It's useful while you wash dishes..have them next to you sitting on the island or little times like that.
Poughkeepsie, NY
I have 3 kids.. My baby is only 3 months so she's not Bumbo ready yet but I had one with my 2nd child my oldest daughter and she loved it. My daughter is 3 and the one we had didn't have safety straps so that's a great addition. The chair is great for well being a chair lol It supports your child and makes it easy to have them safely where you want them. It dosen't move and I know I'm repeating but it's a great chair my only negative is when your baby gets a little bigger it can get tight around the legs but you get the hang out it!
Yukon, OK
I really do love my bumbo chair!! I had one with my other 2 6 & 7 now and I never used straps and only had the tray with my 6 year old! I now have a 5 month old and he is eating solids and I use this fo feed him in! He isn't fond of it unless he is eating so I really don't use the straps as I am always next to him! My other kids sat in theirs and just hung out in them and never had straps and I never understood the recall and how kids could even get out of the chair on their own!
Naples, FL
My first son didn't use this very much. It was great for when he was first learning how to sit and also for when we started baby food. After that, he really wasn't in it very often. The leg holes are quite small (which is understandable) and his legs just didn't fit through them very well. I am, however, using it with my second son. It's a good product but it just costs a lot for the amount of times we actually used it. I recommend purchasing a used one.
Johnson City , TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I bought this for my youngest son when he was a baby. He really really enjoyed it. I would have rather say in that thing than do anything else. They are great to have especially when your hands are full. I urge you to not put this on the edge of a chair or table unless supervised by an adult, I watched a 4 month old baby fall off a table and split his head open because the momma wasn't watching him and I couldn't get to him fast enough.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...