BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?8 Answers
Rachel E.
Russell Spgs, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The Bumbo is a staple of Baby-raising, but I highly recommend for this item to save your money and try to purchase one that has already been used because your baby will grow out of it just as quickly as he/she grew into it. I purchased a Bumbo for my daughter off of a fellow teacher for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to clean which a definite perk when buying items for baby. My daughter used her Bumbo the most at in-home daycare because she liked being able to sit up and watch the toddlers/pre-school kids play, but she couldn’t physically sit up on her own at the time. My sitter said that it helped her a lot in keeping my daughter content when she had to attend to another child. My daughter hasn’t used her Bumbo since she was 6-8 months old and it has been in storage ever since waiting for the next Baby to come along to use it.
So in summary: good product if your child likes sitting up but can’t physically sit up yet, but you’re better off purchasing (gently) used than brand-new. It will hold up and last, and trust me, it’s not hard to find a family trying to sell a Bumbo.
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Unpopular opinion - I absolutely hate the bumbo seat an so does my daughter.  First of all, my daughter fit into the seat for a limited time and, when she did, she absolutely hated it and would try to arch out of it.  Luckily, she was never successful in getting herself out of it, however, she came very close to tipping herself over on multiple occasions.  After speaking with my friend, who is an occupational therapist by trade, I would never recommend purchasing a Bumbo.  They put our kiddos into an unnatural position and that obviously can't be comfortable for them.  I would recommend the Fischer-Price sit me up seat which offers a lot more comfort for their back and is also far more stable.
Jessica L.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I was a nanny for many many years and the Bumbo is a must have, staple to have for a baby. I know that they're pretty expensive, but I was constantly using the Bumbo for babies. It's fun to be able to sit the baby up and read to them, or have them watch you do something. You would be surprised how nice it is to be able to help a baby sit up that want's to sit up and isn't ready. I also feel like babies who had trouble sitting up and then get in the Bumbo are much more content and enjoy being able to see everything that is going on.
Ali W.
Latrobe, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
We love our Bumbo! We used it a ton with our first son… it provides enough support for those still wiggly weeks but he loved sitting in it even once he had strength to sit up on his own. We also had the removable tray that was awesome for those early first-food feedings and for attaching a toy (we have a few with suction cups on the bottom). Our Bumbo is from 2014 and i cannot wait to use it with our second (currently 2 months old) when he is big enough!
Robin N.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Let me start by saying, I have heard negatives about the bumbo seat.  In my experience it was like having an extra set of arms to help with my daughter.  I could sit her in it while feeding, as it has a table attachment.  She also loved to pay in it as she got older.  I kept it forever.  Great investment!  Not for table tops, so it says.  I did, just never left her sitting alone on a tabletop.  Common Sense!
Allison R.
TOLEDO, OH
Purchased at: Target
every time I put my baby in this, he spits up. the way the legs are made, it is too tight and pushes in his belly. would be more helpful if it was some how adjustable.
Hannah B.
Welsh
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Being a first time mom I thought I needed this. Honestly there's not that much of a point in it except helps them to learn to sit better. It's easy to clean too. One of the major downfalls is if you have a chunky baby.. his legs will get stuck and that doesn't make for a happy baby taking them out of the seat.
Taryn R.
Hurricane, UT
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Both my girls have loved their bumbo. It was a gift to us. I love the green color. They love to sit in it while they eat their baby food or when I’m cooking I put them in it on the floor so they can watch me. I would definitely recommend this to other parents.
Stephanie R.
Lilburn, GA
One of my all time favorites. I am a full time nanny and i've used a bumbo with every baby I've ever cared for. If you have more than one child this is a safe way to keep the little one sitting up straight while you are tending to the others! Babies do grow out of it fast but that is the same with majority of baby products!
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
these little seats are great when you have little ones learning. Mine would sit in there while we were watching t.v sometimes or eating. It really helps them learn how to sit on their own. They are durable and last. Also come In different colors. If I ever decided to have another baby I would purchase another.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Emily S.
My baby’s legs are a little chubby. Will they get stuck in the bumbo?
Emma P.