BY BUMBO #1 in Floor Seats

• At what age can a baby start using a Bumbo seat?7 Answers
  • How old can you start using the Bumbo Floor Seat from? My some 2 mo...4 Answers
  • Can i use this seat for a 4 months baby??6 Answers
Jarrah M.
Jarrah M.
Lafayette, LA
I love love love the Bumbo chair! I even got the tray and a cover for it. Although I really don't recommend the cover as it made it slide easier. My daughter used it starting at two and a half months old to darn near 14months. Ofcourse, she learned to sit up and walk by then, but because she was used to, she continued to sit in it for months!! She never liked her swing or playpen so I knew I could sit her in the bumbo and she wasn't going anywhere. The Bumbos are just so easy. Especially to travel with. I always recommend the Bumbo to everyone! I feel like the negative reviews are due to parent error. It clearly states that this is a floor seat and never leave the child unattended. When your child can arch and move/lift up the chair, it's time for a new product. Don't put your child in danger. Be a parent and don't expect to buy an item to do it for you. With that said, the bumbo is amazing! Just have realistic expectations and you'll love this item too
Ash L.
Ash L.
I highly recommend this product to parents to be or if you have kids already and have not tried this. You must. This has dramatically helped my children's posture as a baby. I know because with my first child I didn't have this and she does slouch sligthly. However with my two other children I had a Bumbo. They stand up tall and sit upright. This product also helped my two smaller children learn to sit faster than most children I've come acrossed. I loved it and my kids loved it to. You can take it anywhere; to the park or playground, to a beach, to just about anywhere. Your baby will have a comfy seat while their little bodies are being trained. Love this.
adrian m.
adrian m.
Saint Elmo, IL
I bought a Bumbo seat when my first child was a newborn and it came in handy.. The seat has a low spot where the babys bottom sits making it hold baby up easier.. They arent cheap, but you can always find them used.. My Bumbo has lasted me through all three of my children and they all have loved them.. I had also bought a Prince Lionheart seat, similar to a Bumbo and it does not compare at all.. I definitely recommend the Bumbo over any other seat...
Courtney J.
Courtney J.
Margate, FL
I loved this product. I had the purple one, and I still have it. although I don't use it anymore. I did use it till like 4-12 months. I kept it at my grandmother's house because she watches her sometimes, and it is so convenient being able to have the bumbo handy when my grandmother is feeding her. other times I used it was when we had thanksigivng dinner or a family dinner. I just sat her right on the table with us. she was very well behaved.
Erin S.
Erin S.
Kentwood
I was given these for my twins. I personally thought they are a waste of money. I know tons of people that love them, but one of my twins could not sit in it for very long, because he got to fat for it.
The only good use for them I found was they fit great in our wagon so they got to ride around in it before they could sit up all that well. There are other things out on the market I think would be way better.
Lacie G.
Lacie G.
Riverside, CALIFORNIA
The Bumbo seat has helped my baby learn to sit on his own better. I do not have the one with the seat belt because mine is the old one, but I know I can take it to a Baby's R Us and they will get me one that will. I love that the one I have has the table that connects. He plays in it and eats in it as well. It is a great chair to help them learn balance on their own with out having them get hurt.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Mega Parent Expert
I bought one of these in 2006 (it didn't have the belt then) and it was such a great item. It went through all 3 kids and got passed on to the next person with a baby I knew.i could plop baby in and she could watch me cook and be entertained by sitting up. One of my kids had back issues and couldn't sit up right and the seat helped while she would be in it to strengthen her muscles.
ALYSSA V.
ALYSSA V.
Appleton, WI
While there was nothing wrong with the Bumbo seat and the tray we purchased, by the time our son was actually able to use it, his legs hardly fit in the leg holes...and our son wasn't overweight or large for his size by any means. The seat was used less than a handful of times in our house so we sold it and definitely wouldn't repurchase for future kids or as gifts for anyone.
liana d.
liana d.
I was a little disapointed with my bumbo. I know a lot of people use them and their babies love them but my baby would arch her back and almost tip over in it. Also i was only able to use the bumbo for a short period of time before my babies legs got too chubby. I have the one with the tray but didn't find that to be practical because it was difficult to get on and off.
amber s.
amber s.
Louisville, KY
Very helpful in teaching my son to sit up on his own. I do put a soft blanket in it because it doesn't seem very comfortable if not. The legs fit a bit tight if your baby is a tiny bit chunky.. but other than that it's been helpful. I generally put him in a high chair to eat but this is helpful to have him sit next to me while I'm working on a project or something.
Ebony A.
Ebony A.
Should I buy it or can I live without it?
norma t.
norma t.
Would it be a good investment or a highchair would be best?
Arlene V.
Arlene V.
Did anyone's pediatrician recommend not using this ? (Ours was against it)
Emma P.
Emma P.
Sitka, KY
Debra S.
Debra S.
Lawndale, CA
Will the chairs ever come in a design, rather that solid colors?