BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #34 in Hairspray

A translucent dry texturizing spray for instant fullness and airy texture.

• Instant fullness
  • Textured and airy styles
  • Weightless

Shake well, hold can 10 inches away and spray where you want fullness and texture instantly.

Bb.Stylist Tip: To refresh styles that have lost oomph to humidity or gravity, spray liberally at roots, then ruffle with hands for instant fullness.

Perfect for:

• Lifting roots
  • Adding texture to ponytails

• Plumping braids and blow dries

• Boosting second-day hair

This product is best for healthy straight or wavy hair. It is formulated without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or mineral oil.

• Does this add volume and thickness without making hair sticky? Wi...1 Answers
  • My hair is very flat and thin. Would this work to make it more vo...2 Answers
  • Anyone with very fine thin hair try this? Does it work? I love bu...1 Answers
Britta D.
Roseville, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Quick take: This spray takes all of the good things about volumizing powder and combines them with the ease of spray-like application like dry shampoo.

Pros: + It is REALLY effective volumizing spray. Even the day after (or... ehem.. the third day), you can simply flip your head over, shake, ruffle your fingers through, and you’ve reactivated the volumizing properties.
+ It’s soooo easy to apply that anyone who’s used hairspray or dry shampoo before can use it.
+ There’s no white streak.
+ It’s soooo much easier than powder application, and there’s no backcombing required if you’re not going for a super dramatic look.

Neutral:
* There’s no scent. This is great for sensitive scalps, but if I’m putting spray in my hair, it would be nice if it freshened a *little* bit as well.

Cons: - The price. MSRP is about five dollars more than I’d consider “a great buy” for this, even knowing how amazing it is. I feel like this is why I can’t quite give it 5 stars.
- It makes your hair texture feel very chalky. This is the nature of the product, but compared to their Pret-a-Powder, I know they have the technology to make it feel a little softer to the touch.

Overall: If this is in your budget, buy it. It’s sooo good, and all I could ask for more is just a little more freshening ... and they already have a product for that. So they delivered on everything this product promises, just at quite a premium price.

I received this product for free for testing and review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Annie A.
Kansas City, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is awesome. I've gone to salons in the past that use Bb products but this was the first product of their's that I've gotten to try at home! My hair type is really thick so I tend to have issues with getting volume at my roots. Bb's thickening spray instantly solved that problem! Oh, it also smells wonderful - light, fresh, and not overpowering at all. I styled my hair like normal, lightly curling it with a curling wand to create beachy waves. After that, I went back and applied the spray to my roots, scrunching my hair afterward to really activate the texture and volume. I loved this spray because it instantly created root lift and helped achieve that piecey, wavy look that I struggle to achieve most days. I can definitely see this spray being really helpful in achieving volume with blowouts, updos, top knots, and even braids. I cannot wait to make this a part of my hair routine!
Kat J.
TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this,... I hoped that it would be the answer to all my flat hair problems. But alas, this gave me gorgeous volume and thickness,........ that faded within a minute.

I used it on freshly washed hair, second-day hair, I kept on trying it with the hopes that it would work as it said. I followed the instructions to a tee, I read more reviews to see if I was doing something wrong,... I just couldn’t make this work for my thin fine hair. It’s like it dissipated into the air and wouldn’t keep any volume in my ‘do. It didn’t leave a sticky residue, so I give this product credit for not making my hair like glue (like some others do). But I needed lasting thickness and this just didn’t deliver. Ah well,... Back to searching for a thickening product that works miracles.
naf C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It was the very first time that I tried a dry shampoo. I tried a sample of the Bumble and bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish shampoo from Sephora for free to enter into a #contest. It feels cold at the touch but makes my hair sticky and gel like. It gives me curls unlike the other dry shampoos. Other dry shampoos make my hair a little more straight, this on the other hand gives them a wavy sort of look. The smell is sweet. It seems to be for people with thin hair. So I prefer the other one from bumble and bumble. My hair is already dry as heck so maybe that's why it dried and made them look less and very squished instead. This dry shampoo made my hair look really fake and unnatural. So I would only recommend this shampoo to those who have very thin hair since it does a very good job for those with very thin hair.
Tina V.
Garden Grove, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, this product smells amazing. The scent is sweet & it freshens up my hair every morning. My hair is getting a lot longer and naturally it is very flat. I work in fashion so I want to look my best when working with cliets. I recently started curling the ends of my hair to create a wave. Bumble and bumble thickening dryspun finish gives my hair that added voluminous boots at the roots without teasing it. I love how easy this product is to use. After curling I spray it around the crown of my head, i wait a few seconds and i'll go in my hand to gently fluff. I've been receiving compliments some even said my hair looks like i just stepped out of the salon. This product also lasts all day, after 8 hours of work, I dont feel the need to retouch I can go out and still feel confident. **I received the #BBthickeningspray complimentary of #influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions about the product are my own.**
Jessica B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary on behalf of BUMBLE AND BUMBLE and INFLUENSTER in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any shape or form.

I'll be honest--I'm on a hiatus from dying my hair.

Nearly a decade of doing so (quite often: I know, shame on me) really messed with my hair's natural thickness/volume. Which is why when I saw this, I was beyond stoked to give it a go. This is not my first Bumble and Bumble product but it is certainly one of my most impressive ones and the product I reach for most.

Something like magic in a bottle. That's all I can call it. It adds instant volume without making my hair look a bit outrageous and just gives it some serious life. I love that it doesn't leave anything behind in my hair and doesn't leave it feeling like I have a ton of product in it. I'll definitely be buying this frequently from here on out.

There is a bit of a scent to it that many may not appreciate but for me... the smell is very pleasant and not at all overwhelming like other products are.

Overall, I love this spray and would recommend it to anyone who has hair that is thin or thinning.
Davina R.
Milwaukee, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This Dryspun #BbThickening Finish Spray is great. It smells great and doesn't weigh down my hair. I didn't think it would work with my hair being thick and curly already; but it was wonderful for refreshing my hair before going to happy hour/night out after a full day. Only con is the price point is a little high since my hair already has lots of volume I probably wouldn't buy it on my own but I loved using it while I had it. This product was sent for complimentary testing purposes but all reviews are honest and my own. #Bbthickening #contest #influenster #complimentary @Influenster @bumbleandbumble #curlyhair #thickhair Bumble and bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish
Tinisha P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a love hate for this product. To start off I love the smell, it smells so clean and fresh. Using this product on my roots only, which is where I would want body/volume, it makes my hair feel hard like I have a bunch of hair spray in it or something. I do not like that aspect, however when I use it on the length of my hair it gives a nice airy weightless feel to it. I did expect more volume from this product than what it gives but I figure it may be because my hair is so thin and straight it doesnt do much for me.

I received this product free for testing purposes.
Mari M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This hair styling product is pretty good for someone like me who doesn't really know what to do with hair. I have really thick hair that will easily go flat and this gave me extra volume. What I liked best was that it didn't leave me hair crispy, dull, or dirty feeling. Instead I found that my hair retained it's shine and was refreshed. Cons are that the smell can be intense so spray lightly and the price is also a little steep for a refresher/ volume spray. However it does do exactly what it says on the bottle.
I received this product for free for testing purposes from influenster.
Mayo C.
N Hollywood, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have thick Asian hair and it's hard to get that "beachy" look. I tried the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Volume Spray and it gave my hair a nice texture, but only for a couple of hours. It definitely doesn't stand up to a lot of humidity or movement. The product also left a slight residue that made my hair feel tacky towards the end of the day. I would recommend this spray for a quick shoot or event, but don't expect it to last all day.

I received this product complimentary in a box box to try out and review, and all opinions are unbiased and are my own.
Corinne B.
Oakland, OR
Is it similar to Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast?
Amanda F.
How is this different than dry shampoo? Is it okay to use on already thick hair?
Angelica R.
San Francisco, CA
I have chemically straightened hair. And I wanted to know if this works to add texture to your hair even if it has gone thru that kind of treatment.
Anna D.
Yucaipa, CA
Does this act like a hairspray? Or is it more of a shine finish? Does it help with frizz?
Michelle M.
Seattle, WA
I am new to bangs and don't know how to style them, but I was recommended this product because my bangs are thin and I'm assuming this would give it more volume. How exactly does this product work? And is it a dry shampoo, hairspray, or a texturizing spray like sea salt spray? How should I use it to style my bangs?