BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #3 in Texturizing Spray

• I have been looking for a hair product for my curly hair ...5 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Emily L.
Pittsburgh, PA
I had really high hopes for this texture spray but unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations. For the high price it doesn't do much for my hair and it leaves my hair sort of crunchy as well. The scent is nice but not overpowering, which is probably the only positive thing I have to say about this product.
Michelle B.
Philadelphia, PA
Bumble & Bumble was the pioneer brand for sea salt spray. This is a great product for easy, tousled summer hair. Salt can accumulate around the nozzle, but it cleans off easily with warm water. I would recommend this spray for longer hair lengths and naturally wavy hair. If you have straight hair I suggest using styling tools with the spray to achieve the "beach waves".
Jennifer N.
Bremerton, WA
I absolutely love the texture this give my hair. It enhances my natural wavy/slightly curly hair. It doesn't make my hair crisp like a mouse or hairspray would. It also stops my hair from getting frizzy (even out at a nightclub where my hair would otherwise frizz). The only downside for me is the smell. It doesn't smell bad but not as good as some of my other products.
April P.
Parma, Ohio
I have tried a few different bumble and bumble products. This is one of my favorite products to use in the summertime. I have naturally wavy and curly hair and it can look a little frizzy and unruly. In the summertime I just damp in my hair with a spray bottle and spray it on and kind of toss it with my fingers. When it dries my waves look amazing. Really good product for awesome beach waves.
Brianna D.
Round Hill, VA
This spray is lovely and makes my hair textured without making it too dry. It looks like I went to the beach and swam in the surf all day. I use this on days when I don't want to style my hair. It is easy and quick! The only reason I gave this 4/5 stars is because of the price. I can make my own sea salt spray with coconut oil + water + sea salt and it's pretty similar.
Liza D.
Los Angeles, CA
Great product, not the absolute grail for color-treated, fragile hair. I prefer Lush for my beach waves, but suggest this product for thinner and lighter hair types. Just didn't give me the definition I got with Lush's version. It holds minimally, but gives a subtle wave texture that feels closer to hair spray in my opinion. Bumble and bumble. Surf Spray
Amy C.
Buffalo, NY
This is a cult classic for a reason!! Anyone who loves the messy wavy look will love this! I like to put it on when my hair is wet, let t air dry and then run my fingers through and "fluff" my hair, then spray a little more to get the exact texture I like. Just be sure to use a good conditioner or hair mask if you use this a lot because it can be a little drying.
Amanda M.
Ok, I love Bumble and Bumble products but I felt as though other sea salt sprays did a better job than their Surf spray... especially for the cost! I found it a little underwhelming. However, I know friends that make this their go to but they all have naturally curly hair. Mine only has a slight wave in it, so maybe this just doesn't work as well for my hair type!
Georgia S.
Ottawa, KS
My hair is naturally wavy, but when I brush it out it goes straight, so I bought this for after brushing my hair! It took a couple tries for it to take to my hair, and when it did the waves only stayed for about an hour before falling flat. It seemed to dry out my hair, also. Probably would only recommend if your hair is thin (or at least thinnish!) and keeps styles for long periods of time.
Samantha N.
Cedarburg, WI
The rating is so low because I feel the product did not perform as well as the cost called for. The product itself was meh. I normally would have given this product at least a 3, but it is so expensive. Not worth the price. There are much more affordable products that far out-perform this one. It left my hair sticky and limp
Kelsey N.
Aurora, IL
What is your favorite thing about Surf Spray?
Amber C.
Brittany C.
Modesto, CA
How does this work with wavy hair?
Jasmine E.