Ola A.
I have fine-medium straight hair that slightly bends at the ends and purchased this to try to get some beachy waves and texture in my otherwise flat, boring straight hair.
I try to avoid damaging my hair as much as possible, so I always air-dry my hair. I haven’t tried this product with any heat tools.
That said, while it didn’t magically transform my straight hair into waves, it gives great volume and matte texture! I spray it in damp or dry hair around the crown for volume. Only need a few sprays, about 4-6, to get great volume and texture that isn’t sticky (overdoing it with spray will leave it feeling matted and slightly sticky).
Would maybe repurchase the travel size spray for travel; I really like Sebastian’s whipped creme mousse for effortless air-dried volume, but they don’t have a travel sized version.