3 colors available

BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #3 in Texturizing Spray

A saltwater-based styling spray. This styling spray adds volume and texture to the hair to create a sexy, wind-blown feel. Its salt-infused formula adds fullness, hold, and a cool, matte finish. Salt water is no secret to editorial stylists for adding volume and texture, and anyone who has been in the ocean knows of that salty, sexy, sun-dried, wind-styled feel (that seems such a shame to wash out). So while Bumble and bumble hasn't exactly bottled the real thing, they've replicated and improved it, including seaweed and kelp extracts to enhance moisture. Excellent for wavy types and landlocked surfers with winter blues, this spray adds body to fine hair and adds a nice texture for silver hair. see more...

• Does this leave a filmy residue on your hair? All the ones I have t...1 Answers
  • I've been curious to try this product. Does the product still leave...2 Answers
  • Does this leave a sticky texture?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Brianna C.
Brianna C.
Barksdale Afb, LA
I have very fine and very straight hair. I can't use a lot of products because they weigh my hair down and/or make it too oily. I love texturizing sprays and salt sprays though because they give a little body and texture to my otherwise limp and lifeless hair. Bumble and Bumble has apparently been around for a while, but this is the first time I have actually tried it and I am so glad that I did. This surf spray is perfect for my hair. It is lightweight and free from harmful chemicals. It really does make your hair feel like you just got out of the ocean. I have a little "crunch" in my hair after I have sprayed it and style my hair. It smells great and doesn't weigh down my hair AT ALL. I bet if you have curly or wavy hair this product would be even more amazing, but sadly I will never experience those coveted curls unless I make them myself! I like this product so much that I am about to buy a few more bumble and bumble products (and that is saying something because they are not cheap $$)!
Lexi L.
Lexi L.
Saint Johns, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a salt water-based styling spray. I love spraying this in my hair and then braiding it (2 braids)- it adds definition and texture to my waves. It also helps my hair stay wavy longer; I can brush through 2nd day waves and they will still look good. I have also used it to add texture for when I curl my hair. My hair has no texture to it, so it really helps the curls last. When I use it without styling my hair, it does make my hair wavier, but I still prefer the waves I get from using this spray & drying it in a braid. It does have a beachy/salty smell that I don't mind, but it's probably a smell that a lot of people won't like. It's a great product for the summer (and Coachella) and is great if you don't want to put heat on your hair. You can purchase a 1.7oz spray for $15 as well as the full size.
Trish H.
Trish H.
I LOVE this product but I can't justify the price for only 4 oz. I have fine, wavy/curly hair and read about this numerous times in magazines so one of the last times I was near a Sephora, I took the plunge and purchased this spray. It really did add great texture & volume without weighing my hair down and it smelled beachy with a little salt air to it. I always dry my hair with a diffuser and I would spray and scrunch this product in my just dried hair. Again, great texture and volume! I tried to use it sparingly, but it was gone within a month of almost daily use. I loved it, but again, I just couldn't justify the price for the amount of product you get. I've since tried to make DIY dupes and tried other brands, but nothing compares to the original! Get this if you can afford it! You'll love it!
Allana T.
Allana T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Wave spray is a must have for me during the summer time. Especially on beach days. My hair is naturally wavy so I love spraying some of this right after I get out of the shower, when my hair is still damp. Then, I go outside all day and let my hair air dry. Because of this, my hair looks effortlessly undone but NOT a frizzy mess, like it would without any product in it. It smells amazing, and gives my hair a gritty texture, without feeling dirty. I love taking it to the beach with me and spraying it in my dry hair after I'm done for the day too, just for some upkeep. I have tried a lot of wave sprays but this one is the best I have found so far! Even if the price point is a LITTLE steep.
Rennie S.
Rennie S.
Huntington Beach, CA
I got a sample of this one time and being a beach girl I immediately LOVED the beachy smell it has to it. My favorite thing about going to the beach is getting out of the salt water and when my hair dries on the sand it looks better than ever! No idea why but this product makes it look the exact same!! It's the only product that smells and literally gives my hair the beach wavy look as if I was at the beach all day. My hair is naturally wavy/frizzy so I have a hard time keeping it natural when it's windy out, it just ends up being big and frizzy. The only downfall to this product is the price.
Erin S.
Erin S.
Ashland, KY
I have fine hair that is slightly wavy when I let it air dry and I'm always looking for a good sea salt spray that actually defines waves and works without making my hair sticky or crunchy. I will not use another wave spray ever now. It is amazing how well it works. I can spray this on damp it dry hair bun it up and after it's dry, flawless waves. It smells like salt lol so it has a lot in it but it isn't overly drying. I need a new bottle and it's hard to be without. 100% best I've ever used. would recommend to strangers on the street it's that good.
Lilli R.
Lilli R.
Stamford, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is great for when you want to give yourself some beach inspired waves, but without taking the curling iron to your hair. I like to use this on my hair overnight. I braid my hair starting from the top and working my way down while it's damp, secure it, and then spray this all over my head. I sleep on it overnight and release the braids in the morning. When I wake up I simply tousle and detangle with my fingertips. It looks lovely, smells lovely, and really gives me a nice boho-chic look that is still trendy, but also office appropriate.
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works if you like that soft and messy fresh from the ocean look, but it also has a salty musty scent. I've used other products that are cheaper and give the same effect, but smell like coconut or pineapple. This is a great product and works, but for the cost it make your hair smell like sweat and just isn't worth it for me. Great for those with thinner hair who want some natural body and bounce, it'll give you that matte look and feel without a crunchy texture and amps up natural curls or waves. Just smells like sweat to me though.
Teresa C.
Teresa C.
Carmichael, CA
One of the original surf sprays out there and honestly the best! I've been using this for years now and always happy with the results. A few quick sprays make my hair look full of volume and with just enough waves to seem like I've spent all day at the beach with salt water licking my hair! It's so easy to use. Comes in a chic matte black bottle and has a great price. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend time styling their hair but still wants it to looks amazing!
Britt H.
Britt H.
Mesa, AZ
I love this product because it lets me transform my super straight flat hair into hair with volume and curl. Just a couple sprays after I have blown my hair to about halfway through and my hair perks up and looks like I've been at the beach all morning. I have people ask me all the time how I get my hair texture and volume, and it's literally 90% surf spray. Other sprays I have tried have left my hair super crunchy which I hated, but this spray looks like I have natural waves.
Kelsey N.
Kelsey N.
Aurora, IL
What is your favorite thing about Surf Spray?
Amber C.
Amber C.
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Modesto, CA
How does this work with wavy hair?
Jasmine E.