BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #5 in Texturizing Spray

• Does this leave a filmy residue on your hair? All the one...1 Answers
  • What’s your favorite texturing spray?? I’ve been using th...1 Answers
  • I have been looking for a hair product for my curly hair ...5 Answers
Dianna G.
I was very unimpressed with this surf spray.  I had my stylist use it and of course she thought it was amazing. I didn't really notice a difference, but thought I'd test it out. It was didn't give me a good beachy wave look. I have a small amount of wave in my hair, but curl my hair in the wave look. My stylist assured me it would have the same effect with easier effort, but I didn't notice enough of a difference to add this to my daily routine or expense for haircare.
Rachel C.
Tupelo
Bumble and bumble. is my favorite Surf Spray! It never leaves my hair feeling "crunchy" like other surf sprays I've tried. It smells SO GOOD, literally like you just walked off the beach. Also, the bottle seems small but it literally lasted me a year. It doesn't take much, in fact it takes very little to achieve those effortless beach waves. This can be used on wet or dry hair and it just adds texture when ya need it!
Samantha V.
Franklin Park, IL
I love the way this product smells! it's amazing. It does not work for thick hair. it took a lot of trial and error before I got this product to work for me. I can't use it on wet hair, it does nothing. I have to curl/wave my hair first then use this as sort of a hairspray/finishing spray. it does leave a little bit of residue if you over use it and when you use to much it also makes your hair super prone to tangles
Emma A.
ATLANTA, GA
It’s not difficult to see why this has won many awards in the past. It’s really up there when it comes to adding texture and styling beachy hair. It works on most hair type but not all, hence the 4 star rating. I don’t recommend this for people with fine, super straight hair. It has a tendency to make this specific type look dull and heavy all around. It’s just a bit too heavy ironically. But all in all it’s a great product.
Ola A.
I have fine-medium straight hair that slightly bends at the ends and purchased this to try to get some beachy waves and texture in my otherwise flat, boring straight hair.
I try to avoid damaging my hair as much as possible, so I always air-dry my hair. I haven’t tried this product with any heat tools.
That said, while it didn’t magically transform my straight hair into waves, it gives great volume and matte texture! I spray it in damp or dry hair around the crown for volume. Only need a few sprays, about 4-6, to get great volume and texture that isn’t sticky (overdoing it with spray will leave it feeling matted and slightly sticky).
Would maybe repurchase the travel size spray for travel; I really like Sebastian’s whipped creme mousse for effortless air-dried volume, but they don’t have a travel sized version.
roya a.
LOS ANGELES, CA
I wanted to love this based on reviews I read but i tried it a few different times and a few different ways and I didn’t get the beach waves all the articles told me I would get. i’m thinking I just have too much hair and it’s too thick/coarse for it. it did a LITTLE bit of texturizing and I was able to make cute pony tails! so i kept it to use for my messy ponies but...that’s about it.
Jessica M.
Atco
I just got this and love it. It makes my hair that perfect beach wave. I have naturally curly hair but get Keratins every few months that takes out most my curl. So my hair then has somewhat naturally wavey hair. I don’t usually where my hair wavey. I almost always dry and straighten it. But I love how my hair looks with this. Now I can do my hair in 2 minutes.
Alison G.
Roseville, MI
I thought this was going to be more of an expanding mousse but it is just comes out wet with some crackling mousse-like entities, no fullness- more like hairspray. But does it create texture and wavy-beach like curls? Yes, but very loose. Im not mad at it! I spray some in my hair when I hop out of the shower and let it air-dry but this would work best with a diffuser!
Samantha R.
Liverpool, NY
Did someone say beach body!! This stuff gives my hair the best beach waves, I have tried so many products to achieve that just out of the ocean look! This is the only one that works. Gives great natural looking textured waves in my hair! I just wash my hair spray this in and scrunch and I’m out the door! Quick and easy for great looking hair!
Emma A.
Lancaster, PA
I gave this to a friend who loves it. I received several of them in Sephora gratis and I just can’t do this product as much as I would love to! My hair is too straight and thin and this just makes it look crunchy and undone. I’ve used other beach wave products that work better on me from IGK and Ouai but this one is definitely not for me
Kelsey N.
Aurora, IL
What is your favorite thing about Surf Spray?
Amber C.
Brittany C.
Modesto, CA
How does this work with wavy hair?
Jasmine E.