BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #3 in Texturizing Spray

• I have been looking for a hair product for my curly hair ...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Sarai G.
Salinas
Its called Surf Spray for a reason!!!
After reading a few negative reviews on this product I just felt I had to defend it, because I think people just don't understand how to use it. First off, I LOVE this product. I use it in my everyday routine to get my hair looking beachy and amazing. And I can definitely say I've mastered the stuff. The people who are complaining that this leaves your hair feeling crunchy and salty like you just got out of the ocean? DUH. It's BEACH SPRAY what else would you expect? This product gives a lot of texture and with that being said, a little goes a long way. Yes, if you spray TOO MUCH your hair starts to get crunchy, but if your modest with your spritzing, your hair will turn out nicely textured. I don't mind my hair not being super duper soft for the sake of volume. It's also not a magical wave creator. My hair is very straight and fine. So I spritz on the Surf Spray let it dry, and use my 1 inch curling iron like a wand to add some curl, and then with a little bit of texture powder on my roots, BOOM, you've got beach waves.

However, if your looking for beachy waves and texture but also not wanting to give up smooth hair, this isn't what your looking for. If you can get past the fact that you can feel the product in your hair, well it definitely does what it claims to do. Overall I think this stuff is great and will repurchase.
Terri S.
Chesapeake
Bumble and bumble. Surf Spray curly hair so when I'm not wearing gel in my hair and when I just get out of the shower I just want to look natural I use this and it does wonders on my hair because it gives me so much body but yet it still holds my curl in my hair. It let's me have the beach wave look without having the "wet" look when I usually put gel in it. I even use this when I straighten my hair and give myself some "beach curls" with my straightener so again my curls will be loose and have body without being sticky because I used hairspray. Not to mention, the smell is so summery!
Tess C.
I love bumble and bumble surf spray. I like to use it when I just washed my hair. It makes my hair smells really good, it gives it more volume and more like you just spent time at the beach look without having a dirty hair. I have been using this for several years. I used it having long hair and now short hair. My hair looks great whatever length my hair is. It’s not sticky and I can still put my hands through my hair. Yes I would would buy it again and again. I recommend it to everyone. I bought mine at Sephora.
Dianna G.
I was very unimpressed with this surf spray.  I had my stylist use it and of course she thought it was amazing. I didn't really notice a difference, but thought I'd test it out. It was didn't give me a good beachy wave look. I have a small amount of wave in my hair, but curl my hair in the wave look. My stylist assured me it would have the same effect with easier effort, but I didn't notice enough of a difference to add this to my daily routine or expense for haircare.
Samantha V.
Franklin Park, IL
I love the way this product smells! it's amazing. It does not work for thick hair. it took a lot of trial and error before I got this product to work for me. I can't use it on wet hair, it does nothing. I have to curl/wave my hair first then use this as sort of a hairspray/finishing spray. it does leave a little bit of residue if you over use it and when you use to much it also makes your hair super prone to tangles
Kayla N.
Rock Hill
This is a nice salt spray, but it is just that. It's a salt spray. I find that it's much too overpriced for what it is. It definitely works, but not any better than a salt spray you would buy at the drug store. If you're looking for a salt spray that's actually different, I recommend Bumble and bumble's Surf Infusion, which has oils that add moisture to your hair in addition to the texture that the salt gives you.
Emma A.
ATLANTA, GA
It’s not difficult to see why this has won many awards in the past. It’s really up there when it comes to adding texture and styling beachy hair. It works on most hair type but not all, hence the 4 star rating. I don’t recommend this for people with fine, super straight hair. It has a tendency to make this specific type look dull and heavy all around. It’s just a bit too heavy ironically. But all in all it’s a great product.
roya a.
Los Angeles, CA
I wanted to love this based on reviews I read but i tried it a few different times and a few different ways and I didn’t get the beach waves all the articles told me I would get. i’m thinking I just have too much hair and it’s too thick/coarse for it. it did a LITTLE bit of texturizing and I was able to make cute pony tails! so i kept it to use for my messy ponies but...that’s about it.
Katie W.
Bluffton, SC
This is a fun product!  I have naturally curly hair, but I straighten it almost daily because I don't love the way it looks naturally.  When I use this product it makes my curls look so perfect and full of volume!  It's the only way I'll wear my hair curly anymore.  My local salon sells this product and got me hooked when they provided me with a sample bottle to try at home.
Jessica M.
Atco
I just got this and love it. It makes my hair that perfect beach wave. I have naturally curly hair but get Keratins every few months that takes out most my curl. So my hair then has somewhat naturally wavey hair. I don’t usually where my hair wavey. I almost always dry and straighten it. But I love how my hair looks with this. Now I can do my hair in 2 minutes.
Kelsey N.
Aurora, IL
What is your favorite thing about Surf Spray?
Amber C.
Brittany C.
Modesto, CA
How does this work with wavy hair?
Jasmine E.