BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #4 in Texturizing Spray

• Does this leave a filmy residue on your hair? All the one...1 Answers
  • What’s your favorite texturing spray?? I’ve been using th...1 Answers
  • I have been looking for a hair product for my curly hair ...5 Answers
Anne R.
During a hair appointment I told my stylist I wanted something that I could apply to my damp hair after the shower to make it wavy. I wanted a product that would give my hair beautiful waves without having to blow dry my hair. She recommended this surf spray so I decided to give it a try! I’m not sure if it’s just the way my hair is (I have naturally wavy hair but it’s not insanely wavy), but this product didn’t really do anything for me at all. I followed the directions as stated and tried it multiple times. The only upside for me was the fresh scent it gave my hair. It’s also from a good quality expensive brand, so I expected better.
nathalie s.
Bronx, NY
I have been searching for hair products that actually do what they are supposed to and this is the first one I've found in my 25 years of existence. I am lazy and do not like to do much with my hair other than put a product in and let it air dry. With this spray all I have to do is put it in, scrunch my hair & it looks like I actually spent time doing something with it. I bought a trial size because I didn't expect it to work but it was better than expected.
Dianna G.
I was very unimpressed with this surf spray.  I had my stylist use it and of course she thought it was amazing. I didn't really notice a difference, but thought I'd test it out. It was didn't give me a good beachy wave look. I have a small amount of wave in my hair, but curl my hair in the wave look. My stylist assured me it would have the same effect with easier effort, but I didn't notice enough of a difference to add this to my daily routine or expense for haircare.
Alyssa Z.
Grand Rapids
I love that this spray smells like the ocean. It adds a soft, saltwater grit and texture without being too intense or making my hair look dull, which is a fine line. It’s lightweight and great for either spraying into wet hair for beach wave Air dry, or using to add texture to finished styles. If anything, I wish it had slightly more effect on wet hair, I do have to use a lot of product to notice a difference when I use it damp.
Kayla N.
Rock Hill
This is a nice salt spray, but it is just that. It's a salt spray. I find that it's much too overpriced for what it is. It definitely works, but not any better than a salt spray you would buy at the drug store. If you're looking for a salt spray that's actually different, I recommend Bumble and bumble's Surf Infusion, which has oils that add moisture to your hair in addition to the texture that the salt gives you.
Amber F.
Groton, CT
I was pretty unsure about this from the start, as I’m not used to putting any texturizing product in my hair, but moving from Hawaii I LOVED how my hair looked after swimming in the ocean. I tied out this spray and to my surprise it wasn’t as drying as I expected, thanks to the oil in it. Still use it on occasion just not as much now my hair is shorter and I don’t like the way it curls with sea salt any more.
Emma A.
ATLANTA, GA
It’s not difficult to see why this has won many awards in the past. It’s really up there when it comes to adding texture and styling beachy hair. It works on most hair type but not all, hence the 4 star rating. I don’t recommend this for people with fine, super straight hair. It has a tendency to make this specific type look dull and heavy all around. It’s just a bit too heavy ironically. But all in all it’s a great product.
courtney p.
I’m not sure about this because my hair is so naturally straight. I wish I could spray something in my hair to give me beach waves, and I thought this was it, but I don’t think it will work on my hair :( I’ve watched some tutorials on this with no avail. It just seems to make my hair feel pretty dry and messy. It always looks good in the tutorials but I think it’s just that my hair won’t take it.
roya a.
LOS ANGELES, CA
I wanted to love this based on reviews I read but i tried it a few different times and a few different ways and I didn’t get the beach waves all the articles told me I would get. i’m thinking I just have too much hair and it’s too thick/coarse for it. it did a LITTLE bit of texturizing and I was able to make cute pony tails! so i kept it to use for my messy ponies but...that’s about it.
Katie W.
Bluffton, SC
This is a fun product!  I have naturally curly hair, but I straighten it almost daily because I don't love the way it looks naturally.  When I use this product it makes my curls look so perfect and full of volume!  It's the only way I'll wear my hair curly anymore.  My local salon sells this product and got me hooked when they provided me with a sample bottle to try at home.
Kelsey N.
Aurora, IL
What is your favorite thing about Surf Spray?
Amber C.
Brittany C.
Modesto, CA
How does this work with wavy hair?
Jasmine E.