BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE

An oil- and salt-infused spray to create soft, sea-tossed waves with sheen. This innovative blend of tropical oils and sea botanicals softens hair and adds shine while a sea mineral complex builds tousled texture. It's perfect for those who need extra conditioning in or out of the sun for a softer, touchable finish. It contains UV filters to guard against the drying effects of the sun and offers beachy, windswept texture with volume and a matte finish.

• So I recently bought surf infusion cuz my hair doesn't hold any cur...1 Answers
  • Does this damage the hair at all or cause build up? Also, does it l...1 Answers
  • I have heard great things about this product. I have straight fine ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Joyce H.
Joyce H.
I bought this spray for a lot of money. At sephora. My wallet is crying.
I first tried the generic brand from Walgreens for about 11$and found my hair slowly turning into a hay-ball. It looked nice, but felt like i REALLY WENT TO THE BEACH (hair all over the place, hair being "sticky" and not smooth feeling)
BUT i decided to splurge on this little bottle of blue stuff.
I sprayed it all over my hair in sephora and it reminded me of lily perfume. Not ocean water. You have to shake the bottle to mix the oils and the salt infused spray for the perfect soft bounce with a little volume. I don't know if it's because i use it on dry hair, but it doesn't always look "wavy" unless you dampen your hair first. But on the back of the bottle, it says you can use it on either or. My hair DOES look a little wavy. A little. Inusually have straight hair. Really straight hair. I like to spray it on some damp hair, and toss my hair like salad to get it to dry. But at the same time, my hair has never looked like "Beach Babe" curls. Just to save you money, just spray water on your hair, twist your hair into a bun and set it with hairspray. Wait about an hour or half an hour, and then take the bun out. Viola! Curly hair! And all you needed was a hair tie, hair spray, and water. In the picture: the side with the bottle is sprayed and the side with nothing is plain hair.
Amy K.
Amy K.
Valley Glen, CA
Confession: I was one of the first people to rush out and buy the first iteration of the Surf Spray. While I loved the look, my hair was...crunchy. My hair is naturally wavy, but it needs help to go either wavy or straight, so I'm always down for a curl product. I loved hairdresser's oil, but found it a little to heavy for my metric ton of fine hair, so I was definitely wary when trying this product. Would it be too drying? Would I lose things to its crunchy grasp like I did its previous iteration? Or would it turn my hair into a grease slick? Surprisingly, it did neither. I still get the curl payout of the original wave spray, but without the crunchy snags of its predecessor. My hair was by no means soft, but I loved the look of the results. As far a wave spray, my go to is still Philip B's Maui Wowie. They use coconut water as the hydrator, and I prefer the results in my hair type. Still enjoy this product and would definitely buy again.
Stephanie J.
Stephanie J.
Elm City, NC
A little product goes a long way! I'd avoid spraying this close to the roots as it does have the oil in it and it can make the hair look oily, especially if you like to have 2 day hair styles like I do! I like that it smells great and adds some nice texture to the hair. I don't recommend if you have oily hair though as this will definitely make your hair look more oily. I probably won't repurchase this particular surf infusion in the future. I'll stick with the original.
Erin C.
Erin C.
People with wavy/curly hair will love this! When I get out of the ocean I have perfect curls that I look like I just stepped out of the salon. This product lets me re-create that same look without having to jump into the ocean! I would say this is better than the other surf spray b&b currently has. Just spray a little at a time. If you add too much you're hair will look greasy and crunchy ( found that out the hard way).
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Bumble and bumble surf spray is my go-to on my second or third day after a wash to give my hair some texture. First, the smell is wonderful. It's like a combination of Fresh and beach. Next, it doesn't leave my hair sticky AT ALL. Rather, it gives my hair a salt-like texture. Almost like a bed-head beachy look - but intentional. I would highly recommend.
Deb A.
Deb A.
Brings amazing waves and volume to my fine, limp hair. I have some natural waves, but they disappear when living in a dry climate. I only wash my hair twice a week, and I use after washing, and it gets reactivated on subsequent days with a wet brush and scrunching. It is a staple I buy regularly.
Cheyenne H.
Cheyenne H.
Mandan, ND
I thought this product was decent. I liked the way it made your hair look, but I was not so pleased with the way my hair felt after using it. It made my hair feel hard and kind of dirty when I used this product. So if they would fix the texture it gives your hair, I would use it all the time.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
The bumble and bumble surf infusion is the perfect hair product to add that beachy texture to your hair. My hair is curly, but sometimes it needs that extra bit of volume. It is a little on the expensive side, but so worth it. I would totally recommend this to anyone with hair
Katie G.
Katie G.
Pinole, CA
This is the perfect sea salt spray because it does not leave your hair feeling crispy like many sprays do. although the price is a bit high it is definitely worth it. it smells amazing like all of their products. i would definitely repurchase this product a million times over
Amanda A.
Amanda A.
Amarillo, TX
If there is any product I wouldn't be able to live with out this summer it's this stuff! Beach waves with just a few squirts and gives you shine that other surf sprays just don't. Wish the bottle was bigger for the price, but I'll buy this stuff anyways I love it so much.
Brandy G.
Brandy G.
I have heard great things about this product. I have straight fine hair and am curious if anyone else who has tried this has my hair type. I want to know if this will make my hair look beachy and wavy.
Paola N.
Paola N.
YONKERS, NY
Does this works for keratin treated hair? Im trying to make waves on my hair!
Tatyana C.
Tatyana C.
Plainsboro, NJ
So I recently bought surf infusion cuz my hair doesn't hold any curl or wave added to it and I've tried using it on damp hair letting my hair air dry and a blow dryer then styling it and even tried it on dry hair but I can't seem to get it to do what it's supposed to do. So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations and please keep in mind I'm not a very skilled person when it comes to hair but I'm trying.
Christina L.
Christina L.
Does this damage the hair at all or cause build up? Also, does it leave the hair flowing naturally or stiff?