Bumble and bumble Sumowax uploaded by Erica C.Bumble and bumble Sumowax uploaded by Erica C.

BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #37 in Pomades & Waxes

A traditional hard wax for modern cuts. This wax provides strong yet flexible hold for a textural effect and definition of detail. You'll get strong hold, shine, separation, and sleekness. This product was inspired by the part hairdressing played in ancient Japanese sumo wrestling traditions.

Buy on Sephora*
Torey M.
Torey M.
Fayetteville , NC
I have read reviews on this product but was desperate to find a great hair product that would hold styles all day. A lot of the reviews are from people who are unhappy with it because it makes the hair a tad greasy... But I think that a bit of greasiness comes with the territory of wax! I have fine hair, so I just use it on the top near my scalp and it works beautifully to hold my hair in any style! I would definitely recommend this product!
krista c.
krista c.
My boyfriend actually uses this and he LOVES it! It stlyes and keeps his hair in place all day. When he is running low he panics and asks me to order more so he doesn't run out. I don't think he would face the day if he knew he was ever out :-|
I recently cut my hair pretty short and I will be using this also for texture and volume (as soon as my sephora order comes in!)
Terrie B.
Terrie B.
Prior Lake, MN
This wax is awesome if you want hold body and a bit of shine. You need to heat it up with your blow dryer if you want it to move. Hold your blow dryer over it to heat up. Once it's shinny dip your finger in and grab. Rub the wax between palms and apply to roots if you want body ( add pret-a-powder over it) if you want sass apply to the ends of your hair and have fun!!!
Beatrice d.
Beatrice d.
Los Angeles, CA
This stuff is great for men's hair or shorter haircuts. When I had a pixie cut, I found myself coming back to it every time. The hold is great, and the wax never dries out or melts, so you can keep moving your hair around to re-style it throughout the day.
I don't think it's particularly expensive, but since it is applied so sparingly one jar will last me about 1 year.
Ashley V.
Ashley V.
I have very thick, straight hair. I bought this product to achieve a tousled, choppy look on my chin length hair. The problem I ran into was trying to find was the perfect amount of product to use. Too little and the hold wasn't there, too much and my hair became greasy. I haven't been able to find that balance and I can't recommend this product.
Valerie C.
Valerie C.
I absolutely love this! It keeps my hair tamed and prevents any stray hairs from poking out from my bangs/where my hair parts. The scent is a bit strong at first, but I quickly adjusted and it does fade after a couple of hours. I love that it doesn't make my hair crunchy. Has been my #1 styling product for years.
Fabian L.
Fabian L.
Sacramento, CA
I really liked the texture this wax provided my hair, especially with moisture on humid days. For extra hold I would also use hairspray and the hold would be all day. Does have a very "organic" scent which is not very attractive, but a scented hairspray would take care of that.
Sue N.
Sue N.
Collierville, TN
Great flexible hold, not extremely sticky and creates nice texture. I use it on my short hair to create a look that is polished on some days and carefree the next. It is also a plus that the scent isn't unpleasant. I would definitely recommend to female and male clients.
Kyle A.
Kyle A.
An excellent product, I was hesitant at first because the texture isn't usual for most wax - Don't Worry!! This product is amazing!! It has a fantastic hold, yet you still get movement, plus it doesn't leave your hair flaky at all..
Highly recommended.
Kara O.
Kara O.
Chicago
It leaves a little bit of unpleasant residue in my fine hair, but overall it gives great hold and flexibility. It meets my expectations and would exceed them if it was a little less heavy feeling. I would buy again when I need some extra styling hold.
Deborah L.
Deborah L.
Rochester, NY
Will this help with dry, frizzy hair? Does it feel oily or greasy?