BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #2 in Dry Shampoo

Create your best ever hair day in between washes with the new Pret a Powder from Bumble and bumble. Working to refresh your style and give your hair volume all at the same time this expert product is equal parts dry shampoo and style extender and all you need is a pinch for maximum volume! - E.D Directions of use: Shake gently at roots and massage in just like you would with shampoo to create instant lift and make yesterday's style ready-to-wear again.

• Where can I find this product?12 Answers
  • I have been in search for a way to give my hair more texture. I s...8 Answers
  • Any tips on how to dust this on? this is the final dry shampoo sa...6 Answers
Darby S.
Kyle, TX
I use this product on second day hair (occasionally third ūüė≥) and it not only totally eliminates that dirty, greasy look, it also adds volume and texture. I've tried a number of dry shampoos and this one is by far my favorite. It's a little on the pricy side but it lasts a long time (even the small size). With this dry shampoo, I don't feel like it's obvious I'm using dry shampoo. My hair just looks healthy (from not washing it everyday, which is what I used to to) and I feel like I can style it easier. I have pretty thick long brown hair and even though the powder is white - it easily blends in if you make sure to rub it into your roots. I don't think I'll be able to go back to other dry shampoos - this one really has it all. AND it smells great!!!
Becky S.
Wilmington, NC
Okay, after reading the description I decided to wait and re think my review. I received it in a 3 pack with bumble & bumble's salt spray and primer. There weren't any directions so I thought it was to be used only after using the salt spray.
Now that I've used it as a dry shampoo sub I really like it.
***I wish the powder had a better method of coming out; like a tapered "nozzle" or something so you could place it directly on the roots of your hair or more daily control the amount coming out. Once it's in your hands you can't put any extra back.
Brianna Z.
W Springfield, MA
Dry shampoos were just becoming a major thing when I purchased Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder. Since then, just about every hair care line has expanded its range to include a dry shampoo, but I always come back this one. First and foremost it is my favorite because of the incredible volume it gives my fine, limp hair, especially at the crown. I also love that it absorbs the excess oil from my oily scalp, letting me put off shampooing and ultimately preserving my hair color longer.

Pret a Powder is pricey, but I purchased my bottle a while ago (1 year? 2?) and it's still half full after almost daily use. Just a sprinkle at my roots does the trick. It's white and the color does show, so I sprinkle it on under the top layer of hair then gently massage in with fingers. Yes, the strong rose-violet scent is cloying and I wish Bumble and Bumble would turn the down volume on it, but it's not a deal-breaker.
Rochelle F.
Richmond, VA
I found the Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder to be an easy-to-use dry shampoo. I like that it doesn't come in an aerosol can and is easy to apply. I found that it helped my hair look fresh and voluminous even on 3-4 day hair. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a non-aerosol dry shampoo. And a quick note, upon application, it does look white but I just leave it on for a few minutes and then tossle my roots to disperse the product and had no issue with it blending in.
Ashley V.
I enjoy the new dry shampoo a bit better, but this was the original product that made me fall in love. I feel like a lot of product doesn’t really come out so it can be a bit time consuming, but it does give you volume and get rid of oil in hair. The product does have a light scent and it’s not gross. I honestly don’t know how to describe it. I am ALWAYS looking for dry shampoos for my fine hair that gets oily quick and Bumble and Bumble pret a powder products are the only ones I continuously use!
Holly S.
I splurged on this product during a trip to Sephora while out of town. I picked it up at the travel section by the registers. This is a versatile product that can by used as a dry shampoo or as a volume booster. I personally used it mostly for volume since I only got the travel size for $13 so it lasted me for awhile. This is one of my holy grail volume powders because it gives volume without too much grit (which ends up making my hair dirtier faster which ultimately weighs it down if you use too much product)! The only downfall is the high end price but I may have to save up to get the big daddy during my next Sephora order!
cerisebermudez B.
Dartmouth, MA
Great for Blondes! I have blonde hair - color treated, very thin, fine, limp and flat. This product is perfect for my hair because it gives me a nice amount of grit and texture, and it helps to hide my roots when I am in need of a salon visit! I have tried so many dry shampoos and I always come back to this product because it delivers so much volume and texture without feeling like there is a lot of buildup in my hair. I also love that it's a powder - makes it so easy to travel with, as aerosols can sometimes be leaky on planes. Another thing that is great about this product is that because it is a powder, I can easily apply as much as I want, and my husband doesn't get bothered my the smell! With other aerosols, when I spray liberally it leaves a cloud of fragrance that my husband hates. Also, this bottle will literally last at least 6 months!
Allison M.
Received this as a sample in my birchbox quite some time ago and never gave it a try.  I came across it in my bag of "stuff" and tried it out.  Super easy to use, I like how it is not a spray, I feel as if the spray sometimes is annoying to use, even though it seems easier.  I just sprinkled a little bit on my hair, let it sit and styled with a brush and dryer and bam, looking fresh!
Victoria M.
Farmers Brnch, TX
I love this powder. The only reason I have it 4 stars is because it's very expensive and small. That being said it's great. I love the applicator because it had the snakes hole ever so you get don't the risk of applying too much. It works wonders to give me volume as well as taking away oils. As someone who used to wash her hair every day now I can wash it twice a week. I love it!
Stef J.
French Lick, IN
This is THE best dry shampoo I have ever used! It is so easy to distribute and brush through! It is not messy and smells wonderful! I find the application method easier than the sprays. Just put some at your roots, tousle with your fingers, and brush through. A little goes a LONG way! I would recommend this product to anyone!
Ashley W.
Where can I find this product?
Kayla C.
I have been in search for a way to give my hair more texture. I see this is sort of like a push powder/ dry shampoo of sorts. So does this particular product add volume and texture or is it just more of a dry shampoo??
Vanessa S.
Burnaby, BC
Any tips on how to dust this on? this is the final dry shampoo sample I am at from the Sephora Value pack and I have no clue how to dust this own. oh and it doesn't help that I have dark brown hair. HELP!
Allyssa T.
Lethbridge, AB
Is this worth the price? Is it any better than baby powder? (What I currently use)
Jennifer B.
Raleigh, NC
Does this work as well as the sprays? I have also heard that this is long lasting, is this true? As someone with lots of long, dark hair that shows oils easily. Is this a good fit for me?