BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #23 in Dry Shampoo

Create your best ever hair day in between washes with the new Pret a Powder from Bumble and bumble. Working to refresh your style and give your hair volume all at the same time this expert product is equal parts dry shampoo and style extender and all you need is a pinch for maximum volume! - E.D Directions of use: Shake gently at roots and massage in just like you would with shampoo to create instant lift and make yesterday's style ready-to-wear again.

• Where can I find this product?12 Answers
  • I've heard good things! Is it worth the money?2 Answers
  • I have been in search for a way to give my hair more text...8 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Amanda L.
I don't know what I would do without this product! I use it almost daily. My hair is fine and it becomes oily at the roots within 24 hours after washing it, but this powder allows me an extra day before washing it again. I use it before bed and wake up ready for work, without having to even touch my hair. It also works great as a texturizer for braids and updos. I've even used it to absorb some cooking oil that I spilled on my pants, and it worked like a charm! I'm currently on my 3rd bottle and will certainly be buying it again when I run out.
Brianna Z.
W Springfield, MA
Dry shampoos were just becoming a major thing when I purchased Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder. Since then, just about every hair care line has expanded its range to include a dry shampoo, but I always come back this one. First and foremost it is my favorite because of the incredible volume it gives my fine, limp hair, especially at the crown. I also love that it absorbs the excess oil from my oily scalp, letting me put off shampooing and ultimately preserving my hair color longer.

Pret a Powder is pricey, but I purchased my bottle a while ago (1 year? 2?) and it's still half full after almost daily use. Just a sprinkle at my roots does the trick. It's white and the color does show, so I sprinkle it on under the top layer of hair then gently massage in with fingers. Yes, the strong rose-violet scent is cloying and I wish Bumble and Bumble would turn the down volume on it, but it's not a deal-breaker.
Holly S.
I splurged on this product during a trip to Sephora while out of town. I picked it up at the travel section by the registers. This is a versatile product that can by used as a dry shampoo or as a volume booster. I personally used it mostly for volume since I only got the travel size for $13 so it lasted me for awhile. This is one of my holy grail volume powders because it gives volume without too much grit (which ends up making my hair dirtier faster which ultimately weighs it down if you use too much product)! The only downfall is the high end price but I may have to save up to get the big daddy during my next Sephora order!
Darby S.
Kyle, TX
I use this product on second day hair (occasionally third 😳) and it not only totally eliminates that dirty, greasy look, it also adds volume and texture. I've tried a number of dry shampoos and this one is by far my favorite. It's a little on the pricy side but it lasts a long time (even the small size). With this dry shampoo, I don't feel like it's obvious I'm using dry shampoo. My hair just looks healthy (from not washing it everyday, which is what I used to to) and I feel like I can style it easier. I have pretty thick long brown hair and even though the powder is white - it easily blends in if you make sure to rub it into your roots. I don't think I'll be able to go back to other dry shampoos - this one really has it all. AND it smells great!!!
Madeline 💋.
Laguna Beach
This is one of my all time favorite dry shampoos. Not only does it tidy back up my oily hair, it helps thicken my thin hair. The white powder can be difficult to blend into my hair—sometimes I miss some white patches—but it’s benefits far out-way that one cosmetic difficulty.
Sometimes I’ll apply it onto my hair before bed, so when I wake up my oils are already taken care of and im ready to brush and go!
Zuri R.
what works for me might not work for other, how ever IT DID NOT work for me at all. My hair looked ashy and dirty after the very 1st use. The volume of my hair was just nasty and I was very unsatisfied. Keep in mind WE ALL NOT HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF SKIN. I HAVE OILY TO COMBINATION AND MAYBE my scalp didn't help much. It may work for other whom have dry scalp or very fine hair. I have thick and combination hair and scalp.
cerisebermudez B.
Dartmouth, MA
Great for Blondes! I have blonde hair - color treated, very thin, fine, limp and flat. This product is perfect for my hair because it gives me a nice amount of grit and texture, and it helps to hide my roots when I am in need of a salon visit! I have tried so many dry shampoos and I always come back to this product because it delivers so much volume and texture without feeling like there is a lot of buildup in my hair. I also love that it's a powder - makes it so easy to travel with, as aerosols can sometimes be leaky on planes. Another thing that is great about this product is that because it is a powder, I can easily apply as much as I want, and my husband doesn't get bothered my the smell! With other aerosols, when I spray liberally it leaves a cloud of fragrance that my husband hates. Also, this bottle will literally last at least 6 months!
Nicole D.
This product does literally exactly what it says on the packaging. Plus, using this is probably better for the environment than an aerosol! It’s easy to work in but overall, the process is a little more time consuming than an aerosol dry shampoo. I have a lot of hair & my roots get pretty oily, so I have to use a lot of this stuff. I don’t think it’s for everyone, but it does work!
Gillian P.
Mount Vernon, NY
The best dry shampoo on the market. This formula absorbs excess oil without irritating the scalp. It is easy to apply and distribute the powder. A little goes a long way, and you don't have to reapply throughout the day. It has a subtle floral and citrus scent. You can also use the powder to add volume or texture to your hair. A full size retails for $28, but it will last you the whole year.
Chelsea C.
Churchville, NY
Makes sense that dry shampoo would work best in a dry form. I love this powder. Tried it on myself and my husband in a Sephora and he has brown hair and I’m blonde. He didn’t have any residue after following the instructions and we both had cleaner looking hair. I haven’t purchased but I like the idea for travel and the fact that it’s not in an aerosol can.
Ashley W.
Where can I find this product?
Kayla C.
I have been in search for a way to give my hair more texture. I see this is sort of like a push powder/ dry shampoo of sorts. So does this particular product add volume and texture or is it just more of a dry shampoo??
Vanessa S.
Burnaby, BC
Any tips on how to dust this on? this is the final dry shampoo sample I am at from the Sephora Value pack and I have no clue how to dust this own. oh and it doesn't help that I have dark brown hair. HELP!
Allyssa T.
Lethbridge, AB
Is this worth the price? Is it any better than baby powder? (What I currently use)
Jennifer B.
Raleigh, NC
Does this work as well as the sprays? I have also heard that this is long lasting, is this true? As someone with lots of long, dark hair that shows oils easily. Is this a good fit for me?