BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #53 in Hair Serums

An oil-based styling cream that's unique and hard to define. This cream gives hair polish and a sort of languid, slept-in, sexy look with separation and extra sheen. This first-ever product by Bumble and bumble was inspired by photos and films from the '30s and '40s and remains a must for both classic and casual razor cuts.

• Does this product leave your hair feeling sticky1 Answers
  • Is this product more to give your hair shine or does it also cond...1 Answers
  • I'm still confused about what this product is supposed to do? Any...1 Answers
Bumble and bumble Brilliantine
  • "It's good as a first step on damp hair if you plan to style later and also (most importantly for me since I am a busy working mom/student) you can apply it to damp or dry hair and you instantly look like you did SOMETHING with your hair." in 2 reviews
  • "Makes your hair soft and shiny while maintaining frizz!" in 1 review
  • "I run it through dry hair and it helps define my layers." in 1 review
  • "I also use this when I let my hair dry curly." in 1 review
  • "Bumble and bumble is the best hair product in the world." in 1 review
Lauren M.
Birmingham, AL
I first got this product two years ago and I just got my second tube last month. I have ALOT of very thick hair- mines wavy on the top and VERY curly on the underside.This whole hair combination makes it very hard for me to find a product that won't weigh down my hair or turn my curls into little frizz balls. I love this so much!!! I put about a dime's worth in my palm and lightly go over my hair with it and it makes all the frizz go away while defining my curls and my waves. This product is an absolute must-have!! Also, i recently balayage my hair and the product works just as great as it did with my hair natural
Kaylee H.
Rexburg, ID
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just as the bottle describes it doesn't perform just one function but rather works at giving your hair overall brilliance. I have noticed that it helps minimize frizz and postpones greasiness. I especially love the volume my hair gets. The best part is a little goes a long way. That small bottle just keeps going and going!
Katie G.
Bend, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This smells really good. The bottle is small but a little bit goes a long way.
I wasn't a huge fan of this. Maybe it just wasn't right for my hair type- thin and straight. It left my hair feeling weighed down and looking pretty greasy.
But the smell! So good.
Molly E.
Annapolis, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a hairstylist I love this texture cream, it's lightweight with a powdery finish and smells amazing. One tube of this will last you a long time as well- also doesn't build up in your hair, great product!
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works well as maybe a pomade or wax substitute on straight hair, great on edges and slicking back with curly hair. It's a little too oily and greasy for straightened hair in larger amounts (if you have naturally textured hair) so very small amounts work best unless looking for a very sleek, slick professional look. I like this product but it's a little too expensive for it's results in my opinion. Still a good product!
Mary P.
Bellevue , PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my favorite bumble and bumble products - I love it so much! What it does for you hair is provide some softening and shine, but also a bit of definition, texture, and separation. And I know that doesn't sound like it makes sense, but that's what it does. I've only used this when my hair is short and I love the effect it has - I'd love to see what it can do on longer hair too! Just be careful not to use too much because it can start to make your hair look greasy.
Molly W.
Bella Vista, AR
This serum works great for when I straighten my hair. I don't have frizzy hair but I do have fly aways and this serum helps tame them, and it smells great too! The only drawback to this product is the upfront price, but it does last quite awhile, because so little is needed.
Erica W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using Brilliantine for 10+ years. It's a great, light smoothing lotion. I apply it to flyaways after styling my hair. It has a nice, light lilac scent (reminds me of Spring). A tiny bit goes a long way so I only need to buy a bottle about once a year. It tames your flyaways but doesn't make your hair oily or greasy.
Jamie B.
Dunmore, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm honestly unsure if this product worked or not. I would add it to my hair and continued to for several weeks and never noticed a difference if it was or wasn't put into my hair. I tried letting my hair air dry and then another with blow dry and it all seemed the same to me.
Rachel S.
Stillwater, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used this product for years. First as a teenager and now as a cosmetologist in the salon.
It a grey finishing product the give your hair done shine and separation, a little goes a long ways and just apply it to your ends!
Lacey L.
Denton, TX
I'm still confused about what this product is supposed to do? Anyone have a better explanation than the product description?
Joy P.
Farmington, Mn
Is this product more to give your hair shine or does it also condition it?
Harley S.
Las Vegas, NV
Does this leaBe your hair greasy?
Nicole K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product leave your hair feeling sticky